rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Not the first time this has been discussed:
Color of truck in digital display | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen)
The color of the truck changes based on the driving mode selected. After driving mine for a while I have come to associate the colors with the modes I use most often-blue, red & green.
Exactly not sure why people don't understand that this was done this way for a reason.

A quick look you know what mode you are in
Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Exactly not sure why people don't understand that this was done this way for a reason.

A quick look you know what mode you are in
Maybe not everyone changes modes? I have only done it I think twice and it was mainly just to go through them. Only time I typically find it helpful is with the wet/snow mode, but it isn't wet/snow time yet. Not sure why people don't understand that there are a million features and options on these trucks, and not everyone constantly takes advantage of all of them. I appreciate having drive modes, I just don't often need them.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
I totally get this. On the grand scheme of things, it is rather small. But in terms of enjoyment of your vehicle, I get it. Most of us probably wanted a specific color when we selected our truck. Ultimately, that choice in the grand scheme doesn't affect the truck's functionality, and yet the colorization is the start of the personalization with he brand. This is why it is one of the first questions asked when building your order.

Design choices are what makes a vehicle feel special to the owner. Apple has been implementing this for decades. They strove to build up the personal connection between the owner and device. Can Ford do this? They sure can. It's not that difficult. Yes I am surprised that they haven't set this up. I'll even take it one step further, I'm surprised that the default is not your red.

I get the wine and cheese comment. Some people are not too concerned with these choices. That's fine. They would be perfectly happy in an uninspired and banal vehicle, as long as it performs to their expectations.
Not sure Apple is a good example. Ford has a lot more options where Apple is limited. You add what you want which goes for the truck too.
But some of the small things people crab about is nuts. I bought a $76K truck. I bought it for the maximum things that I wanted. Not the petty stuff. If you are looking at your screen too much worrying about color, you'll be wrapped around a pole soon.
You want to complain about something, complain about their Navigation for instance.
I've had prob 4+ Fords that had/have nav. There is a main drag here that has been there for over 4 years. Ford has of yet updated their maps. But I'd rather deal with it than have external crap hanging off my dash. Everyone else's maps are pretty much updated.. I've had Sync 3.3, 3.4 and now 4...
Ford charges a subscription and will add more onto it when Bluecruise is fully released. All I've asked for is the road to be added. Especially if they want to charge subscriptions. Spoke to reps on the phone and nobody has a clue how to handle it. Maybe they ought to talk to Apple, Garmin, Google, etc. Their maps are correct and Garmin stopped map subscriptions years ago.
Oh well......
Now where is that dang Colby and Jack! ;)

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Some people are not too concerned with these choices. That's fine. They would be perfectly happy in an uninspired and banal vehicle, as long as it performs to their expectations.
This would be me. Hell, this is my first pickup with power windows and automatic trans.
Im pretty content with tilt, AC, Cruise. Everything else are just perks.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
This would be me. Hell, this is my first pickup with power windows and automatic trans.
Im pretty content with tilt, AC, Cruise. Everything else are just perks.
That's awesome. My dad was like that. The only thing he wanted was power steering. I on the other hand like all the bells, whistles, flashy bits, etc. My first truck in 20 years is going to be a Platinum (as soon as it gets a VIN) precisely because of the add-ons. I like when I receive a product that is well thought through in terms of my comfort, enjoyment, convenience, etc. And when something that is easy is not addressed, then I react to it. It's not like I would sell my truck if it didn't have the matching color on the animated truck, but it would annoy me every time I see it.

Sponsored

TexasRealtor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch FX4 PowerBoost
Occupation
Realtor
I have a 2021 lariat. This is a little thing but kind of a pet peeve. the truck that shows in both the 360 view as well as on the instrument cluster is blue while my truck is red. any way to change the color to match? I know I know...first world problems!
TNFreedom, you had a valid question, in an appropriate venue. I've wondered the same thing from day 1. You even made mention, that it's not that important.
It's just a sign of our times, that petty people come on here, not to give you a valid answer, but just to call you petty. It's an undesirable trait to their personality.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TNFreedom

TNFreedom

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
TNFreedom, you had a valid question, in an appropriate venue. I've wondered the same thing from day 1. You even made mention, that it's not that important.
It's just a sign of our times, that petty people come on here, not to give you a valid answer, but just to call you petty. It's a an undesirable trait to their personality.
Appreciate the reply. it is what it is :)

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
It's just a sign of our times, that petty people come on here, not to give you a valid answer, but just to call you petty. It's a an undesirable trait to their personality.
Doesn't the truck color change with the different mode you are in? If it does it is for easy reference of what mode you are in.
I guess you didn't read all the posts. A couple more posts said the same thing

Pal

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 powerboost
Occupation
Worker
Color of truck in digital display | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen)
The color of the truck changes based on the driving mode selected. After driving mine for a while I have come to associate the colors with the modes I use most often-blue, red & green.
On initial crank the truck that appears on the instrument cluster screen is blue, once it is complete loading the cluster the drive modes can be selected; I.e. colors corresponding with modes.

Pal

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 powerboost
Occupation
Worker
I have a 2021 lariat. This is a little thing but kind of a pet peeve. the truck that shows in both the 360 view as well as on the instrument cluster is blue while my truck is red. any way to change the color to match? I know I know...first world problems!
Great question. I have wondered the same thing. I like the tech and enjoy that aspect. I appreciate that level of curiosity in others.

Sponsored

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
I like the color change for drive mode. I use normal (blue) and tow/haul (yellow). And I like that it asks if I want to return to Tow/Haul once I turn the truck off and back on. Life is good and better with the 21 F-150s that actually got shipped.

Mike50

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB, 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Retired
Thing is, he didn't bitch about his truck. Not even close. He asked a question about how to improve his personal truck. A good question. People that don't like the question shouldn't comment on it. Thumper's mother said "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". From the movie Bambie, doing a great job of teaching children how to be high quality adults.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
The best solution to this problem is simply to have a blue truck. Problem solved!
-Team Smoked Quartz
Lucky for you "Team Smoked Quartz" some days your truck looks blue LOL:cool:

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Thing is, he didn't bitch about his truck. Not even close. He asked a question about how to improve his personal truck. A good question. People that don't like the question shouldn't comment on it. Thumper's mother said "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". From the movie Bambie, doing a great job of teaching children how to be high quality adults.
He also ask why, and was explained why, but didn't like the answer.
Sponsored