Change Digital Speedometer from MPH to KM/H

cada

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
After crossing on the ferry from Newfoundland to Nova Scotia in August my nav system was still showing my 2021 F-150 XLT as being at the ferry terminal in Newfoundland. After not sorting itself out after an hour of driving, I pulled over and reset the screen (Hold the “Seek Up” and “Power” buttons for around five seconds). During the reset process I was asked if I wanted to keep the default speed units or switch to the speed units of the country I'm in when crossing international borders. i.e. If I drive from Canada to the US, should the digital speedometer stay in km/h or switch to mph, and vice versa. I selected to switch the units based on the country I'm in.

I drove for another hour and the nav system still showed the truck as being at the ferry terminal in Newfoundland. I pulled over again and reset the screen again. This time when asked if I wanted to keep the default speed units or switch to the speed units of the country I'm in when crossing international borders, I selected to not switch the units based on the country I'm in. i.e. If I drive from Canada to the US, the digital speedometer should stay in km/h. The nav system immediately showed the truck at the plant in Dearborn, MI then quickly changed to my location in Nova Scotia.

Since I selected the option to not switch the speed units when crossing international borders, my digital speedometer is now stuck in mph. I've reset the screen a dozen times and I've yet been presented with the option to switch or keep the speed units when crossing international borders.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

cada

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Thanks for the suggestion.

The steps outlined in the link changes the digital fuel economy display between l/100km and mpg, and the the digital odometer between k and miles. Unfortunately it doesn't change the digital speedometer between km/h and mph.

EBR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Lincoln Mark LT, 23 F-350 Platinum Diesel
Then there has to be some other place to change this.

EBR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Lincoln Mark LT, 23 F-350 Platinum Diesel
In settings is where I found these.

Ford F-150 Change Digital Speedometer from MPH to KM/H FEE32CDE-0A96-4C5D-A2E4-AFEF189C834E

Ford F-150 Change Digital Speedometer from MPH to KM/H 4779C7A7-AF99-4343-A179-B80D4243B6CE

OP
OP

cada

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Well, I can't believe I've been driving for 6 months with the digital speedo in mph and never found that menu setting! I've searched multiple forums / google and thought I'd gone through every menu setting I could find, but I guess not!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Sponsored

Reactions: EBR