• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I am still debating between Pro and Lariat ER. I wish there was more details on Ford Options to make the choice easier.
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
After reading that tweat, I believe itā€™s to buy Ford more time to train and to ramp up.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
It's a marketing tweet, effectively. Why bother mentioning which trims are "favs"?

He also doesn't ACTUALLY say they're the TOP two trims. He says "Lariat and Platinum are favs".

So, Pro could be above Platinum, and even if it isn't, it could be misleading, like:

Lariat : 40%
Platinum : 30%
Pro : 29%
XLT : 1%

And Wave 1 may skew toward expensive trims because there are a lot of them that were prioritized there because they're: The owner of the dealership, someone who buys lots of expensive trucks from the dealership, or paid ADM to get the spot.

This tweet isn't solid evidence whatsoever that Pro is not popular, and Ford has good reason to pretend like the Pro isn't popular so they can justify making mostly Lariats and Platinums.

And the whole reasoning for waves is bogus. It's not so people can have more time to think about their configuration. If that were the case, they could open it to way more people and just give priority to their ORDER based on what wave they would have been in. That would give more people more time and still give early "waves" priority.

Marketing tweet, not unvarnished data.
lol bro. You have way too much time to think about thisā€¦ ??ā€ā™‚?

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I donā€™t think I was prioritized, just lucky to be the earliest time stamp for my particular dealership and made first wave. I ordered a Pro with options. With the $34K jump to Lariat ER I wouldā€™ve passed. If Iā€™m spending $76K or more on another truck it would be another Raptor. I do miss my 2020.
Ford F-150 Lightning CEO Farley shares Wave 1 Lightning orders top states & trims. Wave 2 invites on Jan 20 DF93EA55-A701-4499-9D6E-66AEE100DF02

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Aside from fords big F-up on the XLT pricing and forced $19.5k for ER battery, their next big F-up is to try to push people to the Lariat. Did they realize that for the price of a nicely configured Lariat, one can pretty much buy two pro's? That's kind of sick if you think about it.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
That's been true of the ICE F150 forever.
Or put another way, in pre-Covid inventory days you could buy 2 XL's for the price of a fully dolled up KingRanch or Platinum. Actually with huge discounts on XLT you could do the same.
This exactly. And Ford also sells something like 5-10% xl in retail sales on the ice truck.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Iā€™m not sure if many of you know this but, the ICE and hybrid Lariat and above trim levels sell very well so this shouldnā€™t be a surprise for the high trim level Lighting.

Last edited:

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
It's a marketing tweet, effectively. Why bother mentioning which trims are "favs"?

He also doesn't ACTUALLY say they're the TOP two trims. He says "Lariat and Platinum are favs".

So, Pro could be above Platinum, and even if it isn't, it could be misleading, like:

Lariat : 40%
Platinum : 30%
Pro : 29%
XLT : 1%

And Wave 1 may skew toward expensive trims because there are a lot of them that were prioritized there because they're: The owner of the dealership, someone who buys lots of expensive trucks from the dealership, or paid ADM to get the spot.

This tweet isn't solid evidence whatsoever that Pro is not popular, and Ford has good reason to pretend like the Pro isn't popular so they can justify making mostly Lariats and Platinums.

And the whole reasoning for waves is bogus. It's not so people can have more time to think about their configuration. If that were the case, they could open it to way more people and just give priority to their ORDER based on what wave they would have been in. That would give more people more time and still give early "waves" priority.

Marketing tweet, not unvarnished data.
Little fishy that the XLT is the most popular trim on the ICE models, but account for about 1% of orders on the Lightning.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Little fishy that the XLT is the most popular trim on the ICE models, but account for about 1% of orders on the Lightning.
These are made up numbers, Ford has not revealed any actual percentage.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
These are made up numbers, Ford has not revealed any actual percentage.
Oh, yes, I made up those numbers as an example.

That said, 1% XLTs is accurate for the running list of forum member orders... and wouldn't be THAT surprising given how Ford has priced the XLT to be very undesirable.
Sponsored