• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rschmied

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron
"Week 1 of #F150Lightning orders: Top states: TX, CA & NY. Lariat & Platinum are faves. Lots of colors! We’re inviting reservation holders to order in waves so customers have time to consider & complete their order. Wave 2 invite on Jan 20. Love seeing your builds. Keep sharing!"

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
That takes the guessing out of that. Hopefully there will be way, way more this wave...

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Top States? Is that even news considering it was just 1 per dealer?
How can CA be one of the top states ?

I don't anyone that got the first wave invite...

Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
More Pro for me... Probably will be the only option left if it gets to me anyway....

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
Heck the wife and I want a Lariat ER but if I got stuck with a Pro I wouldn't complain. Luckily we have two reservations... but the 2nd one is from day 5 or 6...

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
No surprise with the top trims…

Take note all you Pro hardos.
It's a marketing tweet, effectively. Why bother mentioning which trims are "favs"?

He also doesn't ACTUALLY say they're the TOP two trims. He says "Lariat and Platinum are favs".

So, Pro could be above Platinum, and even if it isn't, it could be misleading, like:

Lariat : 40%
Platinum : 30%
Pro : 29%
XLT : 1%

And Wave 1 may skew toward expensive trims because there are a lot of them that were prioritized there because they're: The owner of the dealership, someone who buys lots of expensive trucks from the dealership, or paid ADM to get the spot.

This tweet isn't solid evidence whatsoever that Pro is not popular, and Ford has good reason to pretend like the Pro isn't popular so they can justify making mostly Lariats and Platinums.

And the whole reasoning for waves is bogus. It's not so people can have more time to think about their configuration. If that were the case, they could open it to way more people and just give priority to their ORDER based on what wave they would have been in. That would give more people more time and still give early "waves" priority.

Marketing tweet, not unvarnished data.

Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
He said Lariat and Platinum are faves. What's to ensure that they are the top two trims? Meaning, XLT's could be a fave too, just not mentioned. It could be just as popular. It's just that Ford wants to put a positive spin on things. It's an old marketing trick. Say what you are promoting are "Well liked," "Favorites," "People love it," "They are going for it," "It's very popular," etc.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150, VW Atlas,Fusion
Yeah, I'm not really buying it. Might as well say they are 2 of the 4 faves. While the poll on this forum might not be perfectly scientific, I trust it more than a PR tweet. I would still bet Pro is outselling Platinum 3 to 1. Of course it will all change once they run out of Pros in wave 2.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
He said Lariat and Platinum are faves. What's to ensure that they are the top two trims?
Yeah, funny he said "Top states : TX, CA, NY" and then DID NOT then say "Top Trims" .

And character count isn't a strong reason because "Top Trims" is a single character longer than "are favs".

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would imagine most people prioritized are picking the top trims