Sponsored

Center console slider not staying open. Anyone else?

thedman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SCrew Platinum
Sponsored

Cal_jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT, 2013 Triumph Bonneville
i really wish my xlt had one of those. I'm hoping to get one in the future.....that works.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
My 302A does not have the retractable cover.

Rhythm66

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford F-150, 2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Ford F-150
Same on my Lariat 501A. Noted it before I left the dealer lot and had an appointment to get it resolved yesterday. However, service department called and said the part is in "high demand and short supply", so I will have to wait a while for the part to come in. I'm going to put a wireless charger in there, so I will have to figure out a way to prop it open in the meantime.

grog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
Same on my Lariat 501A. Noted it before I left the dealer lot and had an appointment to get it resolved yesterday. However, service department called and said the part is in "high demand and short supply", so I will have to wait a while for the part to come in. I'm going to put a wireless charger in there, so I will have to figure out a way to prop it open in the meantime.
Which wireless charger were you planning to use?

Rhythm66

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford F-150, 2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Ford F-150
Which wireless charger were you planning to use?
This one. It works just fine and doesn't slide around in there. I might eventually experiment with a larger one that goes *under* the rubber tray in there. The problem with that is that it would have to be strong enough to charge through both that rubber tray and the phone case. For now, this one gets the job done and it's inexpensive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BVDX6CB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
What ever came from this?

I'm trying to understand the mechanism behind the slider door, because mine is currently stuck open and I can't even pull it closed without heavy resistance from something underneath/internal.

I don't want to just yank on it in case it breaks, but I also can't seem to figure out how to get it back on track.

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
What ever came from this?

I'm trying to understand the mechanism behind the slider door, because mine is currently stuck open and I can't even pull it closed without heavy resistance from something underneath/internal.

I don't want to just yank on it in case it breaks, but I also can't seem to figure out how to get it back on track.
You actually have to push it forward to close it, then it will close itself.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
Mine is jammed and will not move forward or backwards. That is why I am trying to understand the "guts" underneath, and if mine is off the track or what

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8

HOLY CRAP !!! the things I learn on here.. I am surprised I havent busted mine already.
like an idiot I was just grabbing and pulling it closed, and every time it made this horrific ker-snap sound. I just thought , what a cheap ass design..

so I went out and did exactly as you said. a little push and it gently slides closed. much nicer
:rolleyes:

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
HOLY CRAP !!! the things I learn on here.. I am surprised I havent busted mine already.
like an idiot I was just grabbing and pulling it closed, and every time it made this horrific ker-snap sound. I just thought , what a cheap ass design..

so I went out and did exactly as you said. a little push and it gently slides closed. much nicer
:rolleyes:
Ha ha! I did the same thing when I got the truck, and thought I broke it for sure. Sounded awful!
Sponsored