Sponsored

Center Console Lock Box

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Another vote for Consol Vault. Had one in my 2020 and have one waiting for my 2022 to be installed.
I had them in my 2012 and 2020. For my 2022 I got it direct from CV with the new premium 4 digit lock. I found some obscure discount code (JJ10) from a group I've never heard of that somehow got me 20% off so even with tax and the lock upgrade it was under $300 shipped.
Sponsored

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A truck, SUV. another SUV, and a sedan
The center console is already technically a locking "safe".

Thieves will not waste their time picking said safe as they'll just steal the entire truck.

Reactions: sbi

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
The center console is already technically a locking "safe".

Thieves will not waste their time picking said safe as they'll just steal the entire truck.
Not always true. At the gym I used to visit, numerous vehicles (couple every week) were broken into and contents stolen. No vehicles were stolen, so obviously petty thieves. This went on for 6 months before they were eventually caught.

Mine is For improved security to keep my Sig. I do not leave valuables in my truck but there are some places I cannot take it.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I do like the idea of a half safe. I never saw that one before. And now it appears to be gone. :)

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
In

the BV half vault is pretty cool. I sent them an email asking if they plan on a 2021 model. I will let you know what they say.
I have tried contacting them multiple times because I want that but never get a response.

Sponsored

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
I would like to find a "lower half" safe that goes under a full width console tray. I currently have a the full width console tray and there is plenty of room under it for a "hidden" safe to secure a handgun. That way the safe is hidden under the console tray, but if found is still inaccessible.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Not always true. At the gym I used to visit, numerous vehicles (couple every week) were broken into and contents stolen. No vehicles were stolen, so obviously petty thieves. This went on for 6 months before they were eventually caught.

Mine is For improved security to keep my Sig. I do not leave valuables in my truck but there are some places I cannot take it.
I believe the point is - thieves are always in a hurry, they don't have time to finagle with things. If it's locked they'll move on, grab what they can and leave.

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 XLT 302A FX4 PP2K 36GAL TOW
Occupation
Wild horse rider
I read about some of the lesser safes, specifically the lock itself would go bad or was poor quality.
I too wanted the 'half safe' I ended up getting the good one. Official Ford licensed product.
Went with the Elite 4 digit lock which is not pictured. Bonus: did not have to take apart the console, install done in less than 5 minutes. Spring loaded hinge, twist open lock with correct digits and the top pops open by itself. Plenty of room for guns and cash etc.

https://www.consolevault.com/Ford-F150-Full-Floor-Console-2021-2022_p_224.html

Ford F-150 Center Console Lock Box vault.JPG

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-150 Platinum | '22 F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter
E&G half console safe. I have 2, one in both my trucks. Love the half safe version so it frees up the other half side of the safe so I can store other things that doesn’t need to be locked down. It’s very similar to the 15-20 version but better, seems thicker, and feels more premium. Have had it for few months now, zero issues!

Ford F-150 Center Console Lock Box IMG_4867

Ford F-150 Center Console Lock Box IMG_4866

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
E&G half console safe. I have 2, one in both my trucks. Love the half safe version so it frees up the other half side of the safe so I can store other things that doesn’t need to be locked down. It’s very similar to the 15-20 version but better, seems thicker, and feels more premium. Have had it for few months now, zero issues!

IMG_4867.jpeg

IMG_4866.jpeg
Running the same model in my truck and love it. Had the full console version in my last truck and I much prefer this one for the same reasons you highlighted.

Sponsored

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
I read about some of the lesser safes, specifically the lock itself would go bad or was poor quality.
I too wanted the 'half safe' I ended up getting the good one. Official Ford licensed product.
Went with the Elite 4 digit lock which is not pictured. Bonus: did not have to take apart the console, install done in less than 5 minutes. Spring loaded hinge, twist open lock with correct digits and the top pops open by itself. Plenty of room for guns and cash etc.

https://www.consolevault.com/Ford-F150-Full-Floor-Console-2021-2022_p_224.html

vault.JPG
Tuffy makes those for Ford don't they? They are good safes and lots of people put them in Jeeps.

I came across this the other day. Of course it's out of stock but looks like a decently secure route to go. Half console safe

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-150 Platinum | '22 F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
Tell ya’ll a funny… I was going back and forth between somewhere to put my gun when not in holster and dedicated truck gun. The $300 safes are more than I gave for the Canik I was thinking about using as a truck gun lol.

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 XLT 302A FX4 PP2K 36GAL TOW
Occupation
Wild horse rider
If
Tell ya’ll a funny… I was going back and forth between somewhere to put my gun when not in holster and dedicated truck gun. The $300 safes are more than I gave for the Canik I was thinking about using as a truck gun lol.
Tennessee requires a permit holder to store a firearm in a vehicle in a locked compartment out of sight if the owner is outside the vehicle. so just lock it in glove box?

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
If

Tennessee requires a permit holder to store a firearm in a vehicle in a locked compartment out of sight if the owner is outside the vehicle. so just lock it in glove box?
Yeah ya could do that but a safe is a better option if you can use one.
Sponsored