First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
CarPlay was there, now it's not. Worked fine, then had some IOS update, now it's gone.
Tried all the standard stuff - reboot Bluetooth, reboot CarPlay on iPhone. Disconnect, reconnect. No joy.

IOS 14.6.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
CarPlay was there, now it's not. Worked fine, then had some IOS update, now it's gone.
Tried all the standard stuff - reboot Bluetooth, reboot CarPlay on iPhone. Disconnect, reconnect. No joy.

IOS 14.6.

Any ideas?
Try a system reset on your infotainment unit.

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer

IOS 14.6.

Any ideas?
do you know how to switch between bluetooth mode and carplay mode? I do it all the time. Maybe your phone is connecting to Sync4 through bluetooth mode. click on the top left corner and it will take you to your bluetooth settings, select your phone and then you are going to be given an option for carplay. here is a video that shows you the set up/next screens

Ford F-150 CarPlay, where are you? sync4.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
do you know how to switch between bluetooth mode and carplay mode? I do it all the time. Maybe your phone is connecting to Sync4 through bluetooth mode. click on the top left corner and it will take you to your bluetooth settings, select your phone and then you are going to be given an option for carplay. here is a video that shows you the set up/next screens

sync4.PNG

Well, this was news to me, and I read the whole manual and watched every video I could find. Wonder what changed it over to lose CarPlay. Works now. Thanks.

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Well, this was news to me, and I read the whole manual and watched every video I could find. Wonder what changed it over to lose CarPlay. Works now. Thanks.
let me know if your phone gets Hot once you are connected to carplay. That is the reason why I turn off car play; my phone starts to get hot.

FYI, if you turn On WIFI on your phone while your truck is On, it will kick you out of carplay. When carplay is on, your iphone automatically turns off WIFI. Once you turn off your truck, WIFI turns On automatically.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
(Blond, blue eyed Polack here—-trifecta of idiocy)

Just took my pickup to the Ford Store for it’s first scheduled oil change.
While there asked one of the sales guys (my sales guy was off today) to help me figure out why CarPlay does not work anymore.

(In my defense, while figuring out how it worked in the first place involved pushing a bunch of different buttons that I have since forgotten the sequence)

Guy comes out to the truck,
Pushed the “Settings” button.
Pushed the info icon in connected iPhone.
Pushed the “turn on CarPlay” button.
Now it is working??

I only use it for navigation when venturing into unknown territories, but I wanted it to work.

Dont really care if I have to be tethered or not as no big deal to plug in to get to WAZE.

But, I’m still learning to drive a vehicle that has no clutch.
Sponsored