CarPlay not showing all music

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
It would seam that about 75% of the time that I connect my phone to CarPlay that it only shows recently added music in my library. If I want to play a song from my library that wasn’t recently added I have to initiate it on my phone. Then the other 25% of the time the entire library shows. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get some consistency and fix? Thanks!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It would seam that about 75% of the time that I connect my phone to CarPlay that it only shows recently added music in my library. If I want to play a song from my library that wasn’t recently added I have to initiate it on my phone. Then the other 25% of the time the entire library shows. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get some consistency and fix? Thanks!
Hi there! This music concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
This is an Apple limitation. They only allow a limited number of list items in CarPlay while the vehicle is in motion. Use Siri to select other songs while driving.

OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
This is an Apple limitation. They only allow a limited number of list items in CarPlay while the vehicle is in motion. Use Siri to select other songs while driving.
I get that. However, there is a lack of consistency and it not dependent on the vehicle being in motion or not.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I get that. However, there is a lack of consistency and it not dependent on the vehicle being in motion or not.
The way CarPlay works is that your phone uses the vehicle screen as another monitor. It's just projecting onto the screen. The phone is running your apps. The car is just a display.

Another way to put this: your conern is better directed at Apple support than Ford.
Sponsored