First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
Occupation
Pilot
My Ford salesman just informed me of yet another delay in my truck production. I ordered back in November (Lariat, Powerboost) and was originally told it would arrive in December, then it was January, then it was March, now it's the end of April! There has been no communication from Ford as to why the delay. Furthermore, they have mailed me special $2500 offers but they expire 3/31/21 and they won't honor after that date, very frustrating! I'm thinking of just cancelling my order and waiting until the summer or fall when hopefully production will be back to normal. Also, the new 2022 Toyota Tundra is due to be announced soon. It is rumored to "dominate" in every class. Thoughts?
Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
At that rate you should just wait for the 2022 MY.

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That seems strange. Do you know if the Powerboost is the only constrained option you order?

MnTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch Powerboost
My Ford salesman just informed me of yet another delay in my truck production. I ordered back in November (Lariat, Powerboost) and was originally told it would arrive in December, then it was January, then it was March, now it's the end of April! There has been no communication from Ford as to why the delay. Furthermore, they have mailed me special $2500 offers but they expire 3/31/21 and they won't honor after that date, very frustrating! I'm thinking of just cancelling my order and waiting until the summer or fall when hopefully production will be back to normal. Also, the new 2022 Toyota Tundra is due to be announced soon. It is rumored to "dominate" in every class. Thoughts?
Wow. Can you post your order content? Power boost is not the problem, I ordered a Power boost King Ranch 1/14/21 and it was built 2/26....

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I agree with @MnTom, something is not right. I scrolled through the Lariat build page and all I could see that may be an issue is Max Tow, is that on your order? It would be helpful to see your build sheet or to have the VIN, as it should (hopefully) show what may be holding up your truck. Perhaps a slight change could get you on the schedule, if that is of interest.

I have owned a lot of Toyota's and have heard the same thing about the new Tundra, but I don't like the current one (never have), so I am not going to chance it when Ford is putting out such an amazing truck.

Sponsored

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
the new 2022 Toyota Tundra is due to be announced soon. It is rumored to "dominate" in every class
There is always something new around the corner. Wait for the Tundra to be announced, then for all the specs and info to be out, order at a dealer and deal with their shenanigans again, play the waiting game for your truck to finally arrive..., and by the time you're expecting it, something else even better will be coming soon.

That, and frankly this new F-150 is so good (got mine about a month ago) I have a hard time seeing it being "dominated" by anything anytime soon...

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
My honest opinion is that if you don’t need the truck this summer, I’d cancel and wait. That way you could at least see what the new Tundra is offering, and you’re not stuck in this purgatory at the mercy of a company that doesn’t provide any transparency or communication for consistently failing to deliver. Additionally, if you wait and decide that Ford still has the best truck for you, many of the kinks and flaws with these early builds will (hopefully) be ironed out.

I’m in a similar situation. Ordered in September with the initial promise of delivery in November, maybe December at the latest. Then all the COVID delays, and I don’t hold that against Ford. However, here I am 6 months later, still no truck and my delivery date of this week is obviously not going to happen. My truck is still in production, which it’s been in for a month now. No explanation as to why. I think there must be something seriously wrong with it, but there is zero communication. My dealer can’t get any info either, just that it’s still in Dearborn. It’s crazy.

I need a truck this summer for towing, or else I would definitely pull the plug on this order and wait until next year. As it is, I’m going shopping on lots this weekend, and I’ll be looking at Rams, Tundras, and Chevys.

OP
OP

busdriver

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
Occupation
Pilot
Update: My dealer made some inquiries to Ford and was told that the delay was due to a shortage of 2WD axles that the Powerboost requires. The dealer also said they would honor my $2500 coupon even if Ford will not. I will wait for the latest delay but if it is delayed again I will probably cancel the order.
Sponsored