Dave55N

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 highlander, 2007 Ranger
thanks Dave! I must have missed this.

This looks like it would be quite helpful to our American friends but a bit confusing to us.

Assume these are USD prices? If so is there a standard FOREX? or is it a fluctuating one (whatever the rate is when the invoice is generated to dealer?
I’m pretty sure the prices on this list are USD… to the other questions, I have no clue. There are many people on this forum, someone should be able to shed some light.
Sponsored

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
at least you have some dates filled in... i ordered in March and i have squat for production dates. Just some fairy tales from my dealer which change like weather.

Receipt Date2021-03-31
ETA End Date1990-01-01
Production Date
Ship Date
Transit Date
BrandFord
Model Year2021
ModelF-150
Group Order TypeRetail (222R) (OBC8S)
MakeFord
TrimXLT
MarketCanada
Status
Primary StatusIn Order Processing
Window Sticker643de020052b01021d5f6c026d7ca467
Final Delivery Date
Strange that yours didn’t get built.
My receipt date is 03-16
Built 04-26
Pretty much the same spec as your truck.
Supercab XLT, 302A, 2.7, Sport
Oxford white

But maybe your lucky that it didn’t. When they do get around to yours, it probably won’t get parked like many of ours.

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been able to track my VIN to see where it's at. It tells me I need an American VIN. Wonder if both trucks are sitting at the same spot or on the same truck.
Call you dealer and they should be able to give you Railcar #

It's probably on Canadian National Railway, you can call their customer service line with the railcar # and ask to track it.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Strange that yours didn’t get built.
My receipt date is 03-16
Built 04-26
Pretty much the same spec as your truck.
Supercab XLT, 302A, 2.7, Sport
Oxford white

But maybe your lucky that it didn’t. When they do get around to yours, it probably won’t get parked like many of ours.
Assume you had a Dearborn build RayRay? I’m KC so still waiting for the plant to reopen… dealer says I’m sched for July 19 but I’m so jaded now I can’t get excited.
So impressed to converse with another SuperCab fan… we are a real small minority…
Hope you don’t sit waiting for too long.

Sponsored

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
Assume you had a Dearborn build RayRay? I’m KC so still waiting for the plant to reopen… dealer says I’m sched for July 19 but I’m so jaded now I can’t get excited.
So impressed to converse with another SuperCab fan… we are a real small minority…
Hope you don’t sit waiting for too long.
Yes I am Dearborn. Didn't realize that you were KC. Wonder why that is. Coulor maybe?
And yes. I surprised there isn't more Supercabs on here. I see lots on the road in my area.

Tyler1986

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 FX4 302a 3.5L Oxford White
How does everyone determine what invoice price is? Not a big deal since I sit waiting patiently like my fellow eta 10/31 friends. I know how much I got off the original price, wonder how it compares to invoice.
In "normal" times a dealer would gladly show you the invoice price and have you pay $500 over it to make a deal...however, I contacted 4 dealers before buying my truck and not a single one would even entertain invoice pricing to make a deal. Some of the sales people figured I was born yesterday and told me Invoice was the MSRP... I sold cars for 2 years and hate being lied to. I really just wanted to make a fair deal with a dealership where I felt like I was getting a good deal and the dealership was still making money (even though they still make money if you were to get under-invoice pricing).

I'd guess invoice is probably in the range of $5000-$8000 off MSRP? I know when I sold Hyundai's they would send the invoice pricing sheet with the MSRP sticker and I would see it was around $3000-$4000 off MSRP...but the imports have a lot smaller margins on their vehicles.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
In "normal" times a dealer would gladly show you the invoice price and have you pay $500 over it to make a deal...however, I contacted 4 dealers before buying my truck and not a single one would even entertain invoice pricing to make a deal. Some of the sales people figured I was born yesterday and told me Invoice was the MSRP... I sold cars for 2 years and hate being lied to. I really just wanted to make a fair deal with a dealership where I felt like I was getting a good deal and the dealership was still making money (even though they still make money if you were to get under-invoice pricing).

I'd guess invoice is probably in the range of $5000-$8000 off MSRP? I know when I sold Hyundai's they would send the invoice pricing sheet with the MSRP sticker and I would see it was around $3000-$4000 off MSRP...but the imports have a lot smaller margins on their vehicles.
Agreed… in many respects, “invoice” is quite irrelevant and people getting all hung up on “invoice less $500” are deluding themselves. It simply doesn’t make sense that the deal ships are incurring a “loss” on every sale.

I don’t pretend to know the business model of the retail car industry, but I am vaguely aware of rebate programs and volume incentives between Ford and its dealers… I believe this is where the lions share of the dealers profit is achieved in new car sales.

Right or wrong ?

Tyler1986

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 FX4 302a 3.5L Oxford White
Agreed… in many respects, “invoice” is quite irrelevant and people getting all hung up on “invoice less $500” are deluding themselves. It simply doesn’t make sense that the deal ships are incurring a “loss” on every sale.

I don’t pretend to know the business model of the retail car industry, but I am vaguely aware of rebate programs and volume incentives between Ford and its dealers… I believe this is where the lions share of the dealers profit is achieved in new car sales.

Right or wrong ?
Definitely! There are much more incentives a dealer will receive from Ford that we don't know about. I know buying a vehicle at month end is when a dealer will bend over backwards and make a deal even if they have to lose out on profit because volume matters.

In most cases, dealers make their money in the finance office and in the shop doing repairs and warranty work. So that's why I was really confused that dealers were so unwilling to reduce the price a bit to get a vehicle sold because that just means more vehicles on the road and more opportunity for repairs. I wonder if in 2022 Ford will have some insane rebates to get more trucks on the road? Everyone is struggling to manufacture vehicles but I assume Ford will still want to out-sell their competition and get more trucks out there.

I got $3000 off MSRP on my truck. Going in I figured I would get $8000 off MSRP but given the tough times and the fact its a sellers market right now...I'll take $3000 off and just be happy I managed to find the truck I wanted.

Hoping the truck shows up today or Monday.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

I was only trying to get the best deal at the time and worked on a deal with several different dealerships and settled on the lowest price.

At the time of order there was $4000 mfg rebate plus an additional $1000 off for early f150 order. Dealership discount was $5300. $10,300 total discount I was pretty happy with. I know times have changed very quickly and discounts have dried up.

Sponsored

F150Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I'm so glad I found a dealer that just defaults to X-Plan pricing, made it way easier on the negotiation.

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong because the incentives structures can change.

An example incentive structure is as follows (with completely made up numbers):

10 cars in a month -> incentive is 1% of all sales
20 cars in a month -> incentive is 2% of all sales
30 cars in a month -> incentive is 3% of all sales
40 cars in a month -> incentive is 5% of all sales

So if it's the last day of the month and they have already sold 39 cars, you're very likely to get a VERY good deal.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I don't have a copy of all the paper work from the deal but I do recall some clause about not being able to sell the vehicle in a certain amount of time after the purchase. Does anyone else have info on that? Is it only preventing us from shipping the truck to the south? I'm wondering about having it shipped to Europe.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I don't have a copy of all the paper work from the deal but I do recall some clause about not being able to sell the vehicle in a certain amount of time after the purchase. Does anyone else have info on that? Is it only preventing us from shipping the truck to the south? I'm wondering about having it shipped to Europe.
I’m just picturing someone trying to navigate this massive 145” WB crew cab down one of the lane ways they call ‘roads’ in some of the tiny villages I’ve travelled to in Italy, Spain Ireland etc.. it’s good for a laugh.

Certainly shipping to the US is strictly controlled, but to Europe, an interesting question, I imagine the cost of shipping and logistics would be insane!
Sponsored