Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates

Dd08

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion
Dealer confirmed my truck has been ordered today. I've already asked for a VIN or some sort of order confirmation if possible.

I think I'm one of the odd ones out.. I am in no rush to get my truck to be honest, I'm excited and eager but it's not urgent.. I imagine with regular lead times and no delays I'm still looking at 2-3 months?

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Dealer confirmed my truck has been ordered today. I've already asked for a VIN or some sort of order confirmation if possible.

I think I'm one of the odd ones out.. I am in no rush to get my truck to be honest, I'm excited and eager but it's not urgent.. I imagine with regular lead times and no delays I'm still looking at 2-3 months?
I think that would be the most optimistic of forecasted lead times. There are exceptions, but if I had to guess, at least 4 to 6 months is more realistic given the reduced production schedule and continued parts shortages.

The fact that they took your order is good, means that Ford still thinks they have capacity through the end of the model year. You can breathe easier once your dealer gives you a VIN and order number, then you are truly locked in for delivery of a 2021.

hope you didn’t get shafted too bad on the price.

Tyler1986

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 FX4 302a 3.5L Oxford White
I have one as well coming to Alberta. As of this morning, it passed through Diamond, MB. It left Dearborn June 3.
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been able to track my VIN to see where it's at. It tells me I need an American VIN. Wonder if both trucks are sitting at the same spot or on the same truck.

Sponsored

Dd08

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion
I think that would be the most optimistic of forecasted lead times. There are exceptions, but if I had to guess, at least 4 to 6 months is more realistic given the reduced production schedule and continued parts shortages.

The fact that they took your order is good, means that Ford still thinks they have capacity through the end of the model year. You can breathe easier once your dealer gives you a VIN and order number, then you are truly locked in for delivery of a 2021.

hope you didn’t get shafted too bad on the price.
Thanks Mustang! Appreciate the feedback, I'm glad I got in in 2021 as 2022 has me a little worried on pricing.

Negotiating at a time like this was a nightmare.. I knew they could just sell at close to MSRP with no issues due to demand so no dealers were hardly budging, to make it even harder I had to negotiate over the phone/email as I was in quarantine.

All in all with $3500 worth of incentives and some negotiation I paid $1000 over invoice, which isn't the best but wasn't the worst either.

Dave55N

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 highlander, 2007 Ranger
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been able to track my VIN to see where it's at. It tells me I need an American VIN. Wonder if both trucks are sitting at the same spot or on the same truck.
Not to sure. Mine is headed to Edmonton by rail, there it gets loaded onto a truck and heads North (this is only my guess.) They could very well be on the same train.

jtcomin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Fusion, 2019 Flex, 2004 Jeep TJ, 1996 Sierra
Occupation
Bean Counter
Not so patiently waiting.......

tracker.jpg

Status.jpg
ETA just pushed to 2021-09-12!!! Surprised? So frustrating when trucks rolling off the line after my production date are already being delivered!

jtcomin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Fusion, 2019 Flex, 2004 Jeep TJ, 1996 Sierra
Occupation
Bean Counter

Sponsored

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
ETA just pushed to 2021-09-12!!! Surprised? So frustrating when trucks rolling off the line after my production date are already being delivered!
at least you have some dates filled in... i ordered in March and i have squat for production dates. Just some fairy tales from my dealer which change like weather.

Receipt Date2021-03-31
ETA End Date1990-01-01
Production Date
Ship Date
Transit Date
BrandFord
Model Year2021
ModelF-150
Group Order TypeRetail (222R) (OBC8S)
MakeFord
TrimXLT
MarketCanada
Status
Primary StatusIn Order Processing
Window Sticker643de020052b01021d5f6c026d7ca467
Final Delivery Date

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
How does everyone determine what invoice price is? Not a big deal since I sit waiting patiently like my fellow eta 10/31 friends. I know how much I got off the original price, wonder how it compares to invoice.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
How does everyone determine what invoice price is? Not a big deal since I sit waiting patiently like my fellow eta 10/31 friends. I know how much I got off the original price, wonder how it compares to invoice.
good question... i was wondering that myself.

Dave55N

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 highlander, 2007 Ranger

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score