First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
So i have been in the dark here as well with mixed info reading between the forums and what my dealer is telling me.. My truck was ordered on march 2nd. Of course i still have received it ... However my dealer mentioned that my truck was built and that its waiting for the chip with no estimated eta. They did tell me that they received a list of trucks that are delayed and my truck wasn't on that list (they said take that as a good sign) n.. not getting my hopes up for that.. so I'm REALLY in limbo as this is my work truck and I'm ready to pull the plug and take my money elsewhere.. i just want a clear answer than it to be dragged around as i need to put food on the table with this truck. of course i know im not the only one in this position.. but wondering if someone who knows more or can see what my dealer sees and can tell me the truth.

Now ive tracked it on the tracker and it says in order processing.

1FTEW1EP7MKE09008
C230.

if someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate that!!
yeah seems like somethings fishy. Are you sure your truck has been built? If so can the dealer give you the blend date or build date?
Sponsored

Lowandslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
yeah seems like somethings fishy. Are you sure your truck has been built? If so can the dealer give you the blend date or build date?

Apparently the build date was April 28th. Going by what they told me. They said my truck was built... yet i cant even pull a window sticker.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Apparently the build date was April 28th. Going by what they told me. They said my truck was built... yet i cant even pull a window sticker.
Who's you dealer?

I used your VIN and the Order you posted on the tracker (above) to double check... it seems that your truck has not been built... in processing like a lot of us here.

The fields on the tracker are exactly like mine which has just been postponed for the 3rd time to 19 July...

I think he's lying to you... your VIN is for a KC build and KC was not even operating April 28... I would demand to see some proof from your sales guy that its built.

Lowandslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Who's you dealer?

I used your VIN and the Order you posted on the tracker (above) to double check... it seems that your truck has not been built... in processing like a lot of us here.

The fields on the tracker are exactly like mine which has just been postponed for the 3rd time to 19 July...

I think he's lying to you... your VIN is for a KC build and KC was not even operating April 28... I would demand to see some proof from your sales guy that its built.

Im being told its a deerborn build... and the dealer i ordered from is Mcalpine. How do you know its a KC build?

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Im being told its a deerborn build... and the dealer i ordered from is Mcalpine. How do you know its a KC build?
If this is your VIN 1FTEW1EP7MKE09008, the K is for Kansas city build.

This is you right? gray Lariat Sport FX4, purchased under the name of your construction company?

Sponsored

Moy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502A, 1991 Lada Niva
Long time listener, first time caller.

I haven't really had anything remarkable to report on my order. Ordered March 31st, have order number and Vehicle Order Confirmation, but no VIN.

Is there a rule of thumb, or time to get suspicious of the dealer if no VIN is generated?

mgauts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150. 2021 f150
Normally the vin is almost immediately available. It's in the DORA. Ask the dealer for the DORA.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Long time listener, first time caller.

I haven't really had anything remarkable to report on my order. Ordered March 31st, have order number and Vehicle Order Confirmation, but no VIN.

Is there a rule of thumb, or time to get suspicious of the dealer if no VIN is generated?
My understanding is that it is generated once Ford acknowledges the order and commits to build your truck. Generally 2-4 weeks after order. Mine was spot on at 3 weeks after order.

I would say yes, if you don’t actually have one, it is suspicious, but more likely that you have one, just that the dealer has not relayed it to you yet. Definitely time to follow up with your salesperson.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
it’s been almost

well I posted this almost 2 weeks ago and I have yet to see anything change on the above tracking site. Is it possible someone on here could take my vin and order number and give me more information on the status of my build? Thanks.

vin #
1FTEW1EP3MKE09037

order #
Well for starters, your truck is to be built in Kansas City, and that plant has been shut down for the last 6 weeks…

you shaouls contact your salesman, he can tell you from the internal Ford tracking system when you are SCheduled to be built.

you ordered about the same time as I did, and I have been pushed back 3 times on the build date so far… I’m sched for 19 July week.

BTW the tracker on this site is kindly maintained by the admin onthis forum and has nothing todo with Ford… just so you know.

Sponsored

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
it’s been almost

well I posted this almost 2 weeks ago and I have yet to see anything change on the above tracking site. Is it possible someone on here could take my vin and order number and give me more information on the status of my build? Thanks.

vin #
1FTEW1EP3MKE09037

order #
Call Ford Canada. They can tell you the latest off the visibility report if your dealer won’t share.

Tyler1986

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 FX4 302a 3.5L Oxford White
Anyone have a rough idea how long trucks are "in transit" before arriving at the dealership? I am awaiting a dealer ordered truck in Alberta.
My truck was shipped May 28th. Dealer said it was in Manitoba as of June 3rd and is still "in transit".
My ETA End Date is June 25th.

Thanks and hope everyone gets their trucks soon!

Dave55N

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 highlander, 2007 Ranger
Anyone have a rough idea how long trucks are "in transit" before arriving at the dealership? I am awaiting a dealer ordered truck in Alberta.
My truck was shipped May 28th. Dealer said it was in Manitoba as of June 3rd and is still "in transit".
My ETA End Date is June 25th.

Thanks and hope everyone gets their trucks soon!
I have one as well coming to Alberta. As of this morning, it passed through Diamond, MB. It left Dearborn June 3.

Phil Denault

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Technical support
If this is your VIN 1FTEW1EP7MKE09008, the K is for Kansas city build.

This is you right? gray Lariat Sport FX4, purchased under the name of your construction company?
what is the F for in my vin# instead of the K

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
what is the F for in my vin# instead of the K
Dearborn Build (detroit).
this might be good for you, the Dearborn plant continues to build (complete trucks for shipment), but a slower pace. KC still has not resumed production after being down for 6 weeks. The schedule for KC restart is allegedly next Monday 14 June, but apparently also at a reduced build rate.
Sponsored