Sponsored

Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Literally the best post in the history of this forum. LOL. Someone should sticky this with a subject "I just ordered 5 days ago.. WHERE IS MY VIN?"
Sadly,this is pretty accurate, some of us ordered in mid March and had our trucks in early May, and others ordered in 2020 and are still waiting. If you are lucky enough to have your truck go through the line when they have all the parts , you get your truck very quickly, if not, the truck ends up parked somewhere , where it may sit for months.
Sponsored

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
Dude,

Dude, that’s a loaded question. I’m assuming you are fairly new to this forum... let me fill you in.

There are some here ready to tear Jim Farleys head off, these are the guys who ordered in 2020 and still haven’t got their truck. Don’t mess with these guys... they are grumpy.

Some ordered in Jan/ Feb who are getting there on the grumpy scale. Many of these guys got their hopes up when they got a VIN but in production Ford ran out of parts and their trucks are sitting in Ramp 59 (Dearborn) or in the speedway parking lot (Kansas City) these guys are in purgatory... so close and yet so far.

There are some (myself included) who ordered March/ April who have a VIN but also have a fairytale build date, constantly moving but never real. We are destined to be grumpy but haven’t put in the time yet... Grumpy-in-training.

Then there are the newbies like you, still high from placing your order and full of optimism dreaming about your new truck. Stay with it while you can... keep the faith!

The bottom line is no one knows you truck schedule, not the people here in this forum, not your dealer, not Ford. Well, there might be a lord-of-the-rings shaman in Ford’s scheduling department who does, but you he lives on a cave on the north face of Everest and is inaccessible to mere mortals like you and I.

Good luck Starbuck!
This is an excellent read ?

And definitely an accurate experience. January 11th order (order was changed a couple times to try and get the truck to a buildable spec for a VIN number which is why it says 3-13), no VIN until April, May 12th build, released and awaiting shipment same day and now 2 and a bit weeks later my truck ran off to a cabin in the woods like it just robbed a bank and killed a guy. No idea if it shipped and is sitting in the railyard in my city waiting on transport to the dealership, or if it is actually still at the plant waiting for shipment, or if the Ford visibility screen is bullshitting about being released and it went to purgatory. Basically it either shows up in the next few days or I can go f@*k myself until it does.

The tracker on this forum shows some conflicting information having a ship date and transit date yet is still awaiting shipment status. It's kinda like asking your wife what she wants to eat for dinner and hearing "no" to every suggestion you come up with until you both die from starvation.

Anyway. Grumpy meter is ? by the hour.

Ford F-150 Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates Capture40.PNG

Ford F-150 Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates 1567.PNG

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
I guess I spoke half an hour too soon. Updated the tracker just after my last post and my truck was received at the railyard in town. Looks like my most optimistic prediction was correct and the truck actually did ship but dropped completely off the radar through the transit process until it got into town. Now that it's in town it's about 2-4 days away.

Time to get REALLY excited :D

Eased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L EcoBoost
Wondering if anyone could offer some insight on what my dealer is telling me.

I put down a deposit and ordered at the beginning of April with the intention of getting the truck around the end of June. I can't pick it up until then due to other things I have going on, but figured I'd place an order early with all of the delays. Dealer agreed this was a good idea.

To our surprise the truck was delivered to the dealer last week, about 6 weeks after ordering (sorry to those of you who are stuck waiting).

I told the dealer that is exciting news, but I still can't pick it up until the end of June due to other things going on in my life.

The dealer then told me that if the truck is not picked up within 20 days, I lose the promotions that were in place when I placed the order. There was a $4000 incentive at the time, and the dealer isn't sure if it will be available in June.

Is this 20 day rule a real thing? Originally they told me 30 days but that changed to 20 days.

Just wondering if they are trying to play me here or if they are truly "following Ford Canada policy".

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
I guess I spoke half an hour too soon. Updated the tracker just after my last post and my truck was received at the railyard in town. Looks like my most optimistic prediction was correct and the truck actually did ship but dropped completely off the radar through the transit process until it got into town. Now that it's in town it's about 2-4 days away.

Time to get REALLY excited :D
good stuff!! happy for you! obviously it was a Dearborn build... hopefully we'll have similar happy stories from KC when it restarts ? on 14 June...

Sponsored

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
good stuff!! happy for you! obviously it was a Dearborn build... hopefully we'll have similar happy stories from KC when it restarts ? on 14 June...
Yep, Dearborn. It was part of the big batch of May build trucks that shipped right away seemingly like there isn't a shortage at all.

I assume now that the plant is closed they will be working on the trucks currently sitting.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

I put down a deposit and ordered at the beginning of April with the intention of getting the truck around the end of June. I can't pick it up until then due to other things I have going on, but figured I'd place an order early with all of the delays. Dealer agreed this was a good idea.

To our surprise the truck was delivered to the dealer last week, about 6 weeks after ordering (sorry to those of you who are stuck waiting).

I told the dealer that is exciting news, but I still can't pick it up until the end of June due to other things going on in my life.

The dealer then told me that if the truck is not picked up within 20 days, I lose the promotions that were in place when I placed the order. There was a $4000 incentive at the time, and the dealer isn't sure if it will be available in June.

Is this 20 day rule a real thing? Originally they told me 30 days but that changed to 20 days.

Just wondering if they are trying to play me here or if they are truly "following Ford Canada policy".
Whether its a rule or not, you would be foolish not to pick it up early... there's stories about unscrupulous dealers selling trucks out from under previous agreed pre-orders at WAY over MSRP.

With little to no inventory available on lots, plenty of willing cash customers and starving commission based salesmen chomping at the bit, well... you get the picture.

If you truly CANT pick it up before end of June, well then you have a problem, truly a problem many on this forum would like to have. Unless you have a major health issue or something similar, you probably won't get too get too much sympathy from f150gen14 readers.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yep, Dearborn. It was part of the big batch of May build trucks that shipped right away seemingly like there isn't a shortage at all.

I assume now that the plant is closed they will be working on the trucks currently sitting.
Well they say to "assume" makes an ASS out of U and ME... :ROFLMAO:

Actually the speculation (I agree with), is that Ford will contract this out to a 3rd party... there is just no framework in the collective agreement to tackle this unusual scenario. I cant imagine negotiations between UAW and Ford could be accomplished overnight.

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Whether its a rule or not, you would be foolish not to pick it up early... there's stories about unscrupulous dealers selling trucks out from under previous agreed pre-orders at WAY over MSRP.

With little to no inventory available on lots, plenty of willing cash customers and starving commission based salesmen chomping at the bit, well... you get the picture.

If you truly CANT pick it up before end of June, well then you have a problem, truly a problem many on this forum would like to have. Unless you have a major health issue or something similar, you probably won't get too get too much sympathy from f150gen14 readers.
Yeah dealers don't care... they'll turn a large profit and say 'Whoops, sorry bro'

Sponsored

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat, 2019 XT4
Dude,

Dude, that’s a loaded question. I’m assuming you are fairly new to this forum... let me fill you in.

There are some here ready to tear Jim Farleys head off, these are the guys who ordered in 2020 and still haven’t got their truck. Don’t mess with these guys... they are grumpy.

Some ordered in Jan/ Feb who are getting there on the grumpy scale. Many of these guys got their hopes up when they got a VIN but in production Ford ran out of parts and their trucks are sitting in Ramp 59 (Dearborn) or in the speedway parking lot (Kansas City) these guys are in purgatory... so close and yet so far.

There are some (myself included) who ordered March/ April who have a VIN but also have a fairytale build date, constantly moving but never real. We are destined to be grumpy but haven’t put in the time yet... Grumpy-in-training.

Then there are the newbies like you, still high from placing your order and full of optimism dreaming about your new truck. Stay with it while you can... keep the faith!

The bottom line is no one knows you truck schedule, not the people here in this forum, not your dealer, not Ford. Well, there might be a lord-of-the-rings shaman in Ford’s scheduling department who does, but you he lives on a cave on the north face of Everest and is inaccessible to mere mortals like you and I.

Good luck Starbuck!
Hey 85Mustangman - your response is a chuckle that I needed today, well done.

No intent to stir the pot or poke the bears, I was fully aware of the delays when ordering and my sales guy didn’t sugarcoat anything when I ordered. Just wondering if coming up on 4 weeks and no VIN was unreasonable or a sign of things to come, that’s all.

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150

That's a funny one. Apparently they're working on them in reverse order, so the mid to late March trucks will be the last ones done. My order was Jan 25, and built March 30. Tracker updated to ETA October 31st. I'm waiting to hear from my dealer, but if it really is the case I'm walking away. I'm not waiting 9 months for a truck, it's not a baby.

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver

???????????? mhmmm

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7

I’m surprised that they gave you more than 20 minutes never mind 20 days. They can sell that truck for way more than you paid for it in a heartbeat.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
So what’s the educated guess on a Lariat 502A, 2.7, moonroof, power tailgate? Ordered at my dealer on May 1st, checked in today, no VIN available.
The way things are going, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was sitting at your dealer right now.
Sponsored