Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'd be shocked if they didn't, the Lariat lease deal that was on from January through March made sure of that.
When I was calling around to get build prices in February, many of them in the GTA bragged about being number 1 in sales across Ontario, guy at Eastcourt was pretty funny and had a good conversation. I said I don't want to go with a dealer that sells more than they are allocated and have to wait an extra 2 or 3 months , he said they sell more because they had the best price. I just left it at that and let 5 other dealers battle it out on pricing. I didn't want to get in that mess from RedFlagDeals and all the Lariat leases.
Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
When I was calling around to get build prices in February, many of them in the GTA bragged about being number 1 in sales across Ontario, guy at Eastcourt was pretty funny and had a good conversation. I said I don't want to go with a dealer that sells more than they are allocated and have to wait an extra 2 or 3 months , he said they sell more because they had the best price. I just left it at that and let 5 other dealers battle it out on pricing. I didn't want to get in that mess from RedFlagDeals and all the Lariat leases.
I live in a small city of 20,000 people, and I went with the smaller, local dealer,and had my Lariat in 7-1/2 weeks. I didn't even consider allocations, but got lucky.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I live in a small city of 20,000 people, and I went with the smaller, local dealer,and had my Lariat in 7-1/2 weeks. I didn't even consider allocations, but got lucky.
I ordered March 6th and was informed today the delivery to dealership is expected between the 16th and 22nd. I'm expecting that once they do their checks and I go in and do mine it will be some time after the 26th, roughly 13 weeks. We were told something like 8-18weeks is what they were seeing for deliveries when we bought.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I ordered March 6th and was informed today the delivery to dealership is expected between the 16th and 22nd. I'm expecting that once they do their checks and I go in and do mine it will be some time after the 26th, roughly 13 weeks. We were told something like 8-18weeks is what they were seeing for deliveries when we bought.
I ordered March 15, and my ETA was May 22-28, and mine arrived last Friday, over two weeks earlier than expected. I am picking it up tomorrow. I was quoted 8-10 weeks when I placed my order.

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’m “in production” and caught up in the Kansas shut down. I ordered Feb 20, VIN and build date of April 22 was assigned March 20… I literally missed having my truck built by a couple of days. My latest blend date is May 7 but, as we all know, Kansas is closed for the month of May. So frustrating. On the flip side I guess it’s still possible I get my truck before July 1 if Kansas does open for June 1.

The tracker currently says ETA June 16 but that was before the extra 2 week shut down at Kansas was announced. Hasn’t changed since.

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
At that point, you are getting a year old model, there should be a sizeable rebate to compensate customers for depreciation.
Is there really any chance for any compensation? Heck, they want 4 hrs labour to clean up any rust on the axle of the truck shows up like some of the pics posted here. They aren't giving anything away for free right now, they know that if you walk, they can sell the truck for more than you were going to pay.

If my truck was delayed to August, I would seriously consider the new F250.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is there really any chance for any compensation? Heck, they want 4 hrs labour to clean up any rust on the axle of the truck shows up like some of the pics posted here. They aren't giving anything away for free right now, they know that if you walk, they can sell the truck for more than you were going to pay.

If my truck was delayed to August, I would seriously consider the new F250.
I definitely wouldn't want a 2021 in August, even if it is identical to the 2022, it will be worth less because it is a 2021.

Sgtslaughter

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch
I definitely wouldn't want a 2021 in August, even if it is identical to the 2022, it will be worth less because it is a 2021.
Yes and no.
This depends on what kind of deal you have locked in for your 2021. Also the word on the street is everyone will be paying more for 2022’s, most likely with less rebates.
So in 3/4 years, I feel like you won’t be losing out on resale for the new style F150. Because you paid less, and 2022’s will be bumping up resale value.

Sponsored

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm leasing and I got a good deal. Its a 302A V8 with some upgrades, my lease is $635/month.

My buddy recently tried to get the same deal, the closest he got was $720/month.

Prices are going up, I'm going to stick with mine and hope that it comes earlier than August.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Yes and no.
This depends on what kind of deal you have locked in for your 2021. Also the word on the street is everyone will be paying more for 2022’s, most likely with less rebates.
So in 3/4 years, I feel like you won’t be losing out on resale for the new style F150. Because you paid less, and 2022’s will be bumping up resale value.
Totally agree... Ford will surely use “force majure” to address the manufacturing issues of 2021. Totally out of their hands.
also gree that 2022’s will be a whole lot more $ for essentially the same vehicle (if early reports are true). Therefore the depreciation on late yr21’s may not be as bad as you might think.
Although it’s tempting to rationalize and dream of large rebates for all our pain and suffering, it ain’t going to happen, Ford holds all the cards and they know that the damage to brand loyalty is not going to be that bad. I’m pissed off but not about to bolt and buy a Ram.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
I'm leasing and I got a good deal. Its a 302A V8 with some upgrades, my lease is $635/month.

My buddy recently tried to get the same deal, the closest he got was $720/month.

Prices are going up, I'm going to stick with mine and hope that it comes earlier than August.
Thanks, nice to have some reference on how the 502A deal compared.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ok, where does everyone go for truck accessories? I have always gone with Action in the past for all my SUV stuff. I'm in Ontario. Don't mind if its not local.

The dealership just quoted me $932 for gatorback mud flaps. ? $288 for wheel well liners and $177 for hood protector by aeroskin. Wheel well liners, not bad, bug deflector not bad either but those mud flaps, WOW.

supamonks

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Ok, where does everyone go for truck accessories? I have always gone with Action in the past for all my SUV stuff. I'm in Ontario. Don't mind if its not local.

The dealership just quoted me $932 for gatorback mud flaps. ? $288 for wheel well liners and $177 for hood protector by aeroskin. Wheel well liners, not bad, bug deflector not bad either but those mud flaps, WOW.
Yea, I went to ACTION for my tonneau cover. Was $40 cheaper than everywhere else. I wont touch dealer pricing for parts its insane. tdot performance has some things too but still pretty limited for the 21's
Sponsored