Sponsored

Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Not to add to the bubble bursting but I was also given May 24 by my dealer, clearly as a build date. Hope he mixed things up and it’s delivery! He clearly said production though.
And I had my dealer recheck to verify, and he confirmed that it was an ETA. But with the delays and production outages, none of the dates mean a whole lot right now. Even if a vehicle is produced, it could still sit weeks waiting for a chip.
Sponsored

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
And I had my dealer recheck to verify, and he confirmed that it was an ETA. But with the delays and production outages, none of the dates mean a whole lot right now. Even if a vehicle is produced, it could still sit weeks waiting for a chip.
You are correct in that statement. Going on 20 days tomorrow since my truck was produced. At the Dearborn plant, but aside from that, it must be waiting for parts.

Chips, fold flat seats and power deployable running boards for a start In my case. At least no bed liner or wheel well liners as those two items appear to add a six week delay

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
Not to burst your bubbles and for some context

Ordered Nov 21
VIN Feb 16
Build Date - March 3rd which then changed to 8th
ETA was March 23rd
Then ETA moved to April 20th
Now ETA is TBD
Truck has been on Ramp 59 in Dearborn since then and hasn’t moved
At 149 Days since order placed and still no ETA on delivery

Hoping you don’t have the same experience as me and many others have had but be prepared for multiple delays and don’t put to much faith in original ETA’s as parts and supplies shortages have been constantly moving the dates.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You are correct in that statement. Going on 20 days tomorrow since my truck was produced. At the Dearborn plant, but aside from that, it must be waiting for parts.

Chips, fold flat seats and power deployable running boards for a start In my case. At least no bed liner or wheel well liners as those two items appear to add a six week delay
In my case, no fold flat seats, no power running boards, no bed liner, and no wheel liners, so hopefully chips are the only issue.

Gblenks

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
IT Manager
Does anyone know if transport companies deliver trucks to dealerships on Sundays? It's a 2 hour drive away and mine left the train yesterday so if they do there is a good chance it may be at my dealer already. I know they need a couple days for inspection and my accessories to pick it up of course.

Sponsored

KWreck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (Ordered)
Just wanted to check in with any other March Orders and see where they're sitting for build dates. I ordered mine with a spray bed-liner and have seen a report by Pioneer74 that this will delay it 10-12 weeks.

Ordered March 29th

Vin number assigned April 8th

Build Week June 14th

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Just wanted to check in with any other March Orders and see where they're sitting for build dates. I ordered mine with a spray bed-liner and have seen a report by Pioneer74 that this will delay it 10-12 weeks.

Ordered March 29th

Build Week June 14th
Ordered March 31st
Vin April 16th
No build week yet. Order status still in processing.

supamonks

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Well this is good. Waiting for spray in and wheel well liners.

got an ETA to the dealer of May 20. so just shy of 5 months. Hopefully it’s a little earlier

Ford F-150 Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates B2082664-CA42-476D-AB4E-8BA335D5CAA7

towingnp

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, 2021 F150 Lariat on order

Ordered March 29th

Build Week June 14th
Ordered March 10th

Dealer says production w/o May 24th

Yet, no VIN or order number despite asking as recently as last week, a whole month after ordering.

How often should I bug them about this? Not giving me great deal of confidence in the date that they can’t produce those two pieces of info.

Moz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 502a 3.5l Ecoboost Avalanche
Any east coasters have timelines on how long to travel through Montreal? My status has been 'interchange delivery - Montreal st luc' since last Thursday. I believe it will travel to Moncton from there.

Sponsored

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Ordered March 10th

Dealer says production w/o May 24th

Yet, no VIN or order number despite asking as recently as last week, a whole month after ordering.

How often should I bug them about this? Not giving me great deal of confidence in the date that they can’t produce those two pieces of info.
Well, not that I’m sticking up for the dealer (some of them would tell you they can expedite the build in 4 weeks if it means a sale to them), BUT, I do feel for them, especially the honest ones who truly want to help their customers. I’m not sure the information is flowing down from production planning in Dearborn, and even if it does, it’s out of date before then press the SEND key. I’m not defending them, but just pointing out that they are getting it from many directions from chips to a shortage of shipping containers.
Here in the Canuck sub, we need to be aware that CP is also having to contend with the container inventory imbalance so the train markup and scheduling must be getting on their nerves as well.
I’d just be straight with your dealer, if they are any good they will understand your anxiety and field a call from you every couple of weeks, which I think would be reasonable...

random1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic
Any east coasters have timelines on how long to travel through Montreal? My status has been 'interchange delivery - Montreal st luc' since last Thursday. I believe it will travel to Moncton from there.
If this is the status, and being shipped via CP, it has not left Kansas City yet. "Interchange Delivery to Montreal St Luc'" is just that... Information being submitted to CP regarding a rail car. It needs to move from the Kansas City Southern yard at Richard Gubar yard to CP's Kansas City yard before being picked up by the telephone system.

It can take anywhere from few days to a few weeks before it can happen. They wait till they have a full rail car before they release it into the system. Hence, when KC plant was shut down shipping wasn't happening since they couldn't fill a rail car, which lead to a 2-3 week delay in shipping.

Moz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 502a 3.5l Ecoboost Avalanche
If this is the status, and being shipped via CP, it has not left Kansas City yet. "Interchange Delivery to Montreal St Luc'" is just that... Information being submitted to CP regarding a rail car. It needs to move from the Kansas City Southern yard at Richard Gubar yard to CP's Kansas City yard before being picked up by the telephone system.

It can take anywhere from few days to a few weeks before it can happen. They wait till they have a full rail car before they release it into the system. Hence, when KC plant was shut down shipping wasn't happening since they couldn't fill a rail car, which lead to a 2-3 week delay in shipping.
I had tracked it across the states through Toronto with updates along the way and it just hung up in Montreal. Perhaps its still waiting for a full load there to head east?

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor

Ordered March 29th

Build Week June 14th
ummmm, an ADDITIONAL 12 weeks for a spray in bedliner?? What is it made of platinum??
at this rate I’ll be getting a truck in 2023 :(

fatmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150

Ordered March 29th

Build Week June 14th
I ordered March 22nd, just got a notification today saying my build week is June 21st. I never heard from the dealer on a VIN assignment tho...
Sponsored