Sponsored

Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
Thanks, I saw the same notes that they send load/send Canadian orders over the weekend but haven't seen any movement, so that's why I was wondering. Also saw some conflicting reports from people that said the tracker was showing their orders were either not shipped or in transit, while they'd get a call from the dealer saying their truck arrived.

Found out from a kind soul that's in another thread on this site who has access that my truck still is in Richards Gebaurs, so maybe another week to wait still.
Maybe it missed the train? ;) Actually, I think mine took a day or two for the tracker to update after it was supposedly loaded on a Sunday. So keep checking over the next couple of days.

But who knows with the shutdowns and reduced shifts, maybe they aren't shipping them out as fast now either. Sucks. :( At one point I was also hoping that the tracker was wrong for my truck status when it was stuck for the longest time.
Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My order went in March 15, and last week I was told a VIN had been issued. How long does it typically take from VIN to build on a Canadian order?

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My order went in March 15, and last week I was told a VIN had been issued. How long does it typically take from VIN to build on a Canadian order?
Signed papers March 6th, got my Vin and order number March 12. Build date was April 12 but now moved to April 26th.

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I ordered my 2021 on march 31st. Dealer estimated 6-8 (closer to 8) weeks. Guessing that is optimistic now with the most recent shutdowns. XLT 302A sport fx4 screw 5.5’. Didn’t get any of the items reported as causing longer delays. Still hoping it arrives before summer ends. Might be a fools hope.

Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I ordered my 2021 on march 31st. Dealer estimated 6-8 (closer to 8) weeks. Guessing that is optimistic now with the most recent shutdowns. XLT 302A sport fx4 screw 5.5’. Didn’t get any of the items reported as causing longer delays. Still hoping it arrives before summer ends. Might be a fools hope.
Hard to believe the dealer was still quoting 6-8 weeks on March 31st. I looked hard trying to find a Lariat 501A with 3.5 ecoboost, FX-4 and 20" wheels , but all Lariats in Alberta either have the 502A, or power tailgate, or moonroof, or connected nav, or 360 camera or they had no FX-4 or locking axle.

I had hoped this nonsense would end after my snowmobile build date was pushed back four times, and it arrived January 15, but here we go again.

Last edited:

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Ordered my '21 F150 on Mar 26 for delivery to GTA in Ontario...
  • XLT 4x4, AntiMatter Blue
  • Supercab + 6.5 Box,
  • 2.7l EB
  • 2.7l payload pkg
  • 302A HIgh
  • Work Surface
  • Tailgate Step
  • Wheel Liner
  • 40/console/40
  • Navi
  • B&O
Dealer wishy washed estimate of 12-16w which would be June 18 to July 16.

I am aware of the various delays and plant shutdowns... i.e. chips, plastics from Texas, shipping containers, etc.

I am trying to calibrate my expectations... I have read here that in addition to the global risks above, there are "my build" specific risks. I have read on here that the work surface and the wheel well liners may be dodgy... anything else??

Any and all feedback greatly appreciated...

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
  • Supercab + 6.5 Box,
  • 2.7l EB
  • 2.7l payload pkg
  • 302A HIgh
  • Work Surface
  • Tailgate Step
  • Wheel Liner
  • 40/console/40
  • Navi
  • B&O

I am aware of the various delays and plant shutdowns... i.e. chips, plastics from Texas, shipping containers, etc.

I am trying to calibrate my expectations... I have read here that in addition to the global risks above, there are "my build" specific risks. I have read on here that the work surface and the wheel well liners may be dodgy... anything else??

Do you know what axle you're supposed to get? If I remember correctly the HDPP is severely constrained due to axle (un)availability.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Do you know what axle you're supposed to get? If I remember correctly the HDPP is severely constrained due to axle (un)availability.
blind56, Thanks for the feedback.
3.73 electronic locking is on the build sheet with the HDPP... i believe its 9.75 size but it doesn't specify on the sheet. Awww crap I'm thinking, I do recall reading about axle (un)availability in one of the forum posts.
Planning on driving out your way (Canmore) this Summer... perhaps Fall?? Haha

Imagine XLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Ordered on 20/02, VIN on 25/03, scheduled to 26/04, today dealer updated ETA is 10/05
I would say it is too optimistic, considering two weeks shutdown...

Sponsored

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Looks like my ETA End date slipped a few days, was 4/24 and is now 4/28.

65mustang

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
56 TBird, 65 Mustang, 98 F250 etc
Occupation
Retired FoMoCo
  • Supercab + 6.5 Box,
  • 2.7l EB
  • 2.7l payload pkg
  • 302A HIgh
  • Work Surface
  • Tailgate Step
  • Wheel Liner
  • 40/console/40
  • Navi
  • B&O

Google Donlen, their last update a few months old, details delays. Wheel well liners add about 3 to 4 weeks? I ordered a Lariat Dec.3 was scheduled April 23 now the 30th, throw in delivery it could be an easy six months for me. I'm only an hour and a 1/2 form Dearborn to boot!

towingnp

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, 2021 F150 Lariat on order
I am talking to a dealer out here in BC and I am being told Hybrids are expected to arrive LATE 2021.
What do you mean? Hybrids are being delivered and there are some on lots. Are you talking about new orders of hybrids being delayed Until years end?

MidnightM

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCREW Sport 5.0, 2021 F-150 SCREW Sport
Just got mine! Ordered 1/4/2021 received truck 4/6/2021. XLT 302A Sport 5.0

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Looks like most of our build dates in April have been pushed back. Mine was week of April 5 to then 19th and now TBD.

Frustrating to say the least, even though I understand Covid adds set backs to not have scheduled build date for 3+ months is discouraging.

I ordered very early Jan and some folks who ordered weeks/month after me are already driving around in their trucks. No work space, no max tow and other 'constrained' parts on my build sheet and yet the long wait... This whole "dealer allocation" bs shouldn't be the standard (n)
Sponsored