fatmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150
Morning fellas,

Ordered my truck a few weeks back, looks like the order was submitted on March 27th (in order processing/unscheduled/clean, bla bla). Still have yet to receive any update with a VIN or anything else... Is this typical from all your experiences?
Sponsored

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Morning fellas,

Ordered my truck a few weeks back, looks like the order was submitted on March 27th (in order processing/unscheduled/clean, bla bla). Still have yet to receive any update with a VIN or anything else... Is this typical from all your experiences?
I didn't get a VIN until a week before my blend date. There's also been a ton of trucks that have been ordered since January with that lease deal that was going on so dealer allocations have been tapped out for a few months.

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Got an update from dealer, my order was submitted March 27th and I just got a build date assigned to week of June 7th. Hopefully they won’t push it further than that. Plant is MI.
From Manitoba as well. I placed order on March 31st for an XLT 302a Sport FX4. Here's hoping mine isn't far behind yours.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Ordered a Plat 3/12 and got VIN 3/25 with a 4/19 build week, which has now been pushed back due to the 2 week shutdown at Dearborn. Ontario

towingnp

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, 2021 F150 Lariat on order
Morning fellas,

Kinda. Ordered March 10th so over a month ago. No VIN or oder number but latest word from dealer is a build week of May 24th. So pretty vague for me too.

Sponsored

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Morning fellas,

Exact same for me ordered Mar 26 and have yet to hear a peep. The whole Ford enterprise from the plant down to the dealers needs some serious rework of the customer management culture. They are fond of citing the fact that the F150 is the best selling truck in NA... if they want to keep it that way there needs to be a little more effort of keeping customers happy. IMHO...

Zhenya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
From Manitoba as well. I placed order on March 31st for an XLT 302a Sport FX4. Here's hoping mine isn't far behind yours.
yeah my small town dealer initially told me it’s 10-12 weeks wait but I think it’ll be more like 14-18 weeks

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
Picked her up last night! This thing is huge. I absolutely love the colour.

Rained last night so gave it a quick wash and put some ceramic spray. Installed a tri-fold Ford tonneau cover by Rev that I picked up used. No problems fitting it even with the drop in bedliner. Also got a short stubby 13" antenna.

Ford F-150 Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates 2021-04-17_13-32-12
Ford F-150 Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates 2021-04-17_13-25-24

fatmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150
yeah my small town dealer initially told me it’s 10-12 weeks wait but I think it’ll be more like 14-18 weeks
Yeah, I ordered from a smaller center dealer outside of Calgary. They gave me the same response but I'm highly doubting that 10-12 week timeline.

HandsomeDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Picked her up last night! This thing is huge. I absolutely love the colour.

Rained last night so gave it a quick wash and put some ceramic spray. Installed a tri-fold Ford tonneau cover by Rev that I picked up used. No problems fitting it even with the drop in bedliner. Also got a short stubby 13" antenna.
Very nice! RFD in the house !

Sponsored

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, I ordered from a smaller center dealer outside of Calgary. They gave me the same response but I'm highly doubting that 10-12 week timeline.
My order in Airdrie is on week 12 now, I think it'll be ready for delivery on week 14. Ordered the RFD special in the middle of January. Probably gonna be like 16-20 weeks now with all the shortages, delays and volume(sounded like ALOT of people ordered the RFD special).

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My dealer just informed me that the May 24 he gave me a week ago was the ETA, and not the build week. If that actually came to be, that would be 9 weeks from the day the order was placed. I doubt that I will that lucky, with the shutdowns, but as of yesterday the ETA was still May 24.

Last edited:

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My dealer just informed me that the May 24 he gave me a week ago was the ETA, and not the build week. If that actually came to be, that would be 9 weeks from the day the order was placed. I doubt that I will that lucky, with the shutdowns, but as of yesterday the ETA was still May 24.
Don't want to burst your bubble, but Ford does begin their build weeks on Mondays, so May 24 is definitely possible as a build week.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Don't want to burst your bubble, but Ford does begin their build weeks on Mondays, so May 24 is definitely possible as a build week.
I had actually assumed that, but out of curiosity, I asked him to confirm whether that was the build week or the delivery ETA. and he confirmed that it was the delivery ETA. He said that the delivery ETA was all that customers cared about, so he provided only the ETA date. That being said, with the number of delays going on, I will be happy if my truck arrives in June. let alone May.

towingnp

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, 2021 F150 Lariat on order
I had actually assumed that, but out of curiosity, I asked him to confirm whether that was the build week or the delivery ETA. and he confirmed that it was the delivery ETA. He said that the delivery ETA was all that customers cared about, so he provided only the ETA date. That being said, with the number of delays going on, I will be happy if my truck arrives in June. let alone May.
Not to add to the bubble bursting but I was also given May 24 by my dealer, clearly as a build date. Hope he mixed things up and it’s delivery! He clearly said production though.
Sponsored