Sponsored

Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
My truck has arrived at the dealership! Hoping to pick it up on Friday. Thought I'd summarize my timeline and details:

'21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 Ecoboost, 4x4, 502A, sport package, FX4, 20" wheels, 360 camera, drop-in bedliner. I skipped the spray liner, wheel liner and work surface as at the time they were supposedly causing delays. Plus I am leasing so didn't care too much about those things as I don't plan on buying out the truck.

Jan 18 - finalized deal (Ottawa dealership)

Jan 19 - order placed with Ford

Jan 29 - dealer sent me VIN after I requested it, will be built at KC plant

Feb 3 - Ford tracker switched to "In-Production" status

Feb 3 - Window Sticker appeared later that night with blend date Feb 10

Feb 13-20 - KC plant shutdown due to weather and natural gas shortage

Feb 23 - truck "produced", Primary Status on tracker was "In Production"

Mar 22 - contacted Ford asking why truck hasn't shipped. Case # opened but never heard back from them

Mar 22 - Pioneer74's update showed it was released to body company so not sure if the drop-in liner had to be put in or whether my Ford customer care had anything to do with it.

Mar 23 - transported to KC railyard (tracked through palsapps.com with VIN)

Mar 24 - Primary status changed to "Awaiting Shipment"

Mar 28 - Primary status changed to "In-Transit"

Apr 1 - railcar starts moving. Tracked its journey through automated CPR toll-free number, called religiously several times a day. Once it got to Canada, it moved fairly quickly to Montreal.

Apr 7 - railcar arrived in Montreal

Apr 8 - railcar unloaded

Apr 12 - Delivered to dealership in Ottawa (Ford tracker didn't update until Apr 13)

So roughly 3 months from deal to delivery. I swung by the dealership for a quick look. No signs of rust on the underside.

Ford F-150 Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates IMG_0231
Sponsored

Last edited:

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
My truck has arrived at the dealership! Hoping to pick it up on Friday. Thought I'd summarize my timeline and details:

'21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 Ecoboost, 4x4, 502A, sport package, FX4, 20" wheels, 360 camera, drop-in bedliner. I skipped the spray liner, wheel liner and work surface as at the time they were supposedly causing delays. Plus I am leasing so didn't care too much about those things as I don't plan on buying out truck.

Mar 22 - contacted Ford asking why truck hasn't shipped. Case # opened but never heard back from them

Mar 22 - Pioneer74's update showed it was released to body company so not sure if the drop-in liner had to be put in or whether my Ford customer care had anything to do with it.

Apr 1 - railcar starts moving. Tracked its journey through automated CPR toll-free number, called religiously several times a day. Once it got to Canada, it moved fairly quickly to Montreal.

Apr 8 - railcar unloaded

Apr 12 - Delivered to dealership in Ottawa (Ford tracker didn't update until Apr 13)

So roughly 3 months from deal to delivery. I swung by the dealership for a quick look. No signs of rust on the underside.

IMG_0231.jpg
That velocity blue is slick

Saxt15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT Sport SE
My truck went from in production to showing a ship date of April 12th. Coming to Ottawa, Canada from KC. Any idea how much more time this could mean? Does it also mean the truck is out of production?

r-model

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT with some goodies, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Velocity Blue (ordered)
Occupation
designer
So I asked my dealer about DORA so I can track my order when it gets build date assigned and all I got back was:

“Sorry, unfortunately that is a US option only. Canada doesn’t offer a customer order tracking system. “

I asked him to send it to me anyways just for my records but he is just ignoring it.
Tell the dealer that you want it for your records, my salesguy gave it to me and also a screenshot of production status. If your sales person won't, talk to his manager direct

r-model

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT with some goodies, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Velocity Blue (ordered)
Occupation
designer

'21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 Ecoboost, 4x4, 502A, sport package, FX4, 20" wheels, 360 camera, drop-in bedliner. I skipped the spray liner, wheel liner and work surface as at the time they were supposedly causing delays. Plus I am leasing so didn't care too much about those things as I don't plan on buying out the truck.

Apr 8 - railcar unloaded

IMG_0231.jpg
mine has been built in Dearborn and is waiting to be shipped, it too is Velocity Blue :)

Sponsored

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Truck finally shipped! Sat in the Richards Gebaur yard for two weeks for some unknown reason.

Ford F-150 Canadian Vehicles Ordered/Delays/Delivery Dates g2rM1T5

macsinbragg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f 150
I have never heard this happen before. My truck was delivered on April 7th but to the wrong dealership. They did not notice until yesterday. I find that terribly odd. Perhaps they wanted to keep it on the lot to look like they had inventory? Regardless I am picking it up tomorrow. Ordered Jan 29th build March 4 deliver April 15.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Now I'm confused, called Canadian Pacific and apparently that railcar was "Interchange-Delivered to Calgary on April 8". Guess I keep an eye on Palsapp now to see when they ship my truck to the dealer?

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now I'm confused, called Canadian Pacific and apparently that railcar was "Interchange-Delivered to Calgary on April 8". Guess I keep an eye on Palsapp now to see when they ship my truck to the dealer?
That just means that it hasn't started moving yet. I had the same "interchange delivery" with mine and got excited for a moment but then my bubble burst. Keep calling and eventually it will give you updates of where the railcar is at once it starts moving. It was really slow moving through the U.S. for me (over a week to reach the border) but was very fast once it got into Canada (2-3 days to reach Montreal).

Also in my case, I could not track the final leg from Montreal to Ottawa. Palsapp gave me nothing so I presume it's another transport company that delivered it to the dealership.

Saxt15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT Sport SE
Per the tracker, my transit date says 21. Does that mean it will start to move on the 21st?

Sponsored

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Has anyone here cancelled spray in liner or any other constrained options and actually seen quicker movement on their order?

Andyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
So I asked my dealer about DORA so I can track my order when it gets build date assigned and all I got back was:

“Sorry, unfortunately that is a US option only. Canada doesn’t offer a customer order tracking system. “

I asked him to send it to me anyways just for my records but he is just ignoring it.
Well, the tracker on this site works for my Canadian order...sounds like your dealer is just misinformed or lazy or both.

We ordered March 8, got our VIN and order # from the dealer a week later, and the following week were given a build date of April 19. Of course the KC plant is shut down that week and the next, so....

But when we checked the tracker from this site, it produced the window sticker and gave an “ETA End Date” of May 14... is that our newly assigned build week? Window sticker gives a blend date of April 21...do they still do blends even when the production line is down?

Anyway, it’s heartening to see some action!

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone here cancelled spray in liner or any other constrained options and actually seen quicker movement on their order?
It’s hard to know what “constrained options” are anymore... first it was microchips, wheel liners, then work surfaces, then locking axles, then urathans for seats... so yeah what’s the flavour of the week?
You also have to throw in the shipping container problem which affects EVERYTHING not made or produced in North America.
so yeah, it’s like they say in Latin, “una gigantcus clusterous fuqueum”

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, the tracker on this site works for my Canadian order...sounds like your dealer is just misinformed or lazy or both.

We ordered March 8, got our VIN and order # from the dealer a week later, and the following week were given a build date of April 19. Of course the KC plant is shut down that week and the next, so....

But when we checked the tracker from this site, it produced the window sticker and gave an “ETA End Date” of May 14... is that our newly assigned build week? Window sticker gives a blend date of April 21...do they still do blends even when the production line is down?

Anyway, it’s heartening to see some action!
ETA End Date is when it is expected to arrive at the dealership. It will probably get pushed back at some point with the shutdown and other delays. I originally had an ETA end date of Mar 28 and then it got pushed to Apr 2, then Apr 18 and then Apr 24. My truck did arrive on Apr 12 but my dealership is taking their sweet time getting it ready for delivery. From what I have seen, it often arrives a week or two earlier than the ETA end date. But until your truck is produced and shipped, the ETA end date can change.

Zhenya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Got an update from dealer, my order was submitted March 27th and I just got a build date assigned to week of June 7th. Hopefully they won’t push it further than that. Plant is MI.
Sponsored