Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I'm going to share my experience in my truck shopping since April. Back in early April of this year I decided to sell my 2015 Lariat sport with 502 A package, The truck was in A1 condition and with low KMS on it, 62K. I put it on AD on line and within 2 hrs., The truck was sold for more then my asking price. Not expecting that the truck would have sold so fast, I realized I had no car to get to work now, lol. Thankfully A friend of mine had a 2014 Kia Rio that was not being used so he was nice enough to let me use it until I could buy myself I new truck. Little did I know that was a shortage of trucks ! I started looking right off the bat for a new f150, after some research I decided I wanted the Limited PB, However there were none available. I had 6 7 dealerships in SW Ontario on the lookout for me since April, and every time 1 was available, I made plans to visit the dealerships only to find out that the trucks were being sold just as fast as they were arriving at the dealerships, LITERALLY ! This happen to me about a dozen times. Finally I got so sick of waiting for a White Limited PB that I decided to go with whatever truck was available in my area, at this point I didn't care about color, I just needed to get a truck soon because buddy needed his car back as he was giving the Kia Rio to his brother out in Nova Scotia. I found couple lariats sports, one black and the other was white, called about the white one and was told it was sold. I don't like black cars but again I needed something fast, I decided to go down to the dealership to look at the black one. Talked to the sales person on the phone and made a appointment to come look at the truck. I was disappointed at this point as I was really wanting a white Limited PB BUT was going to settle on a black truck which by the way would have been my first black car ever. I was just so tired of looking online every day since beginning of April and being disappointed at the fact that nothing was available or were selling before I could go out and test drive one. I even offered to put down payment on a trucks so that dealerships would hold it for me until I could test drive it then decide If I wanted it. Dealerships would not do this anywhere. Anyways, I loaded up my kids and Wife and headed out to the dealership to look at the black f150 lariat. As I turned into the packing lot of the dealership, my wife noticed a star white limited PB ? I was like WTF? Sales person never told me they had a limited in stock? I went inside to talk to the sales person I he informed my that after we spoke on the phone earlier that morning that a transport had stopped by dropping off some trucks, the white limited was one of them. He told me he had sent me I voice message stating they had limited come in but I never received it because I had left my phone at home. Man was I happy, I told the sales guy to go over to the truck and put a sold sign on it, he kind of looked at me puzzled but did it. As he was doing so, another sales person Had come out to the truck as someone who had also been looking at getting a limited was interested in the truck, luckily I was able to get there first this time and ended up getting the truck I had been looking for for 3 months, love it !

Mikesoffroad

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Jeep CJ7, 2007 Jeep JKU, coming Ford F150 KR
Occupation
Training Superintendent
I ordered my 2021 truck three months ago and it has been crickets. The only time I her anything about my King Ranch is when I call to ask. Last conversation was that chances are my ordered truck will now be a 2022. Anyone else getting this feedback?

KanuckYYC

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I ordered my 2021 truck three months ago and it has been crickets. The only time I her anything about my King Ranch is when I call to ask. Last conversation was that chances are my ordered truck will now be a 2022. Anyone else getting this feedback?
Hi!

I was getting that feedback too... until this afternoon.

My dealer in Calgary emailed me that my truck (ordered June 30) was picked up for 2021 production. Rough details of the order...

- 4WD XLT SuperCrew , mid-trim pkg, 6.5' box
- Guard metallic
- Heavy Duty Payload Pkg (7850 GVWR) and Max Tow
- 3.5 Ecoboost
- FX4
- 360 camera
- onboard scale and smart hitch
- yada yada

With the VIN and Order number that they provided I was able to pull it up on the Order Tracker.

Cheers!

Keith

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
If you have a VIN you can message ford performance on their website and ask for an update on the production status of your vehicle https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us

i started doing this instead of bugging the dealer

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi!

I was getting that feedback too... until this afternoon.

My dealer in Calgary emailed me that my truck (ordered June 30) was picked up for 2021 production. Rough details of the order...

- 4WD XLT SuperCrew , mid-trim pkg, 6.5' box
- Guard metallic
- Heavy Duty Payload Pkg (7850 GVWR) and Max Tow
- 3.5 Ecoboost
- FX4
- 360 camera
- onboard scale and smart hitch
- yada yada

With the VIN and Order number that they provided I was able to pull it up on the Order Tracker.

Cheers!

Keith
Cool i ordered mine with the mid level trim as well so that i could get all the performance bells and whistles that i wanted (5.0 w/ 3.73 & 4X4), will let you guys know how i like it when it's recieved. I just couldn't cough up the extra to jump to 302A although it seems like great value for what you get. I really like a nice leather steering wheel so that did it for me.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
i ordered March 13th and nada. My dealer says mine will probably be a 2022 - but I really think he has no clue.

Mikesoffroad

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Jeep CJ7, 2007 Jeep JKU, coming Ford F150 KR
Occupation
Training Superintendent
That is what I am thinking also. No response might mean he has no clue. It is a Calgary dealer also for my order. I do not even have a vin # yet, starting to get frustrated that the only communication I get is when I initiate it. This is my first ever ordered truck, always purchased off the lot before. Guess I picked a bad time to change my ways lol.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just curious what did you guys all see for delivery times? My truck was finally built yesterday and is going on a convoy.

Chease44

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat - Star White 3.5 Eco 157” WB
Just curious what did you guys all see for delivery times? My truck was finally built yesterday and is going on a convoy.
Mine was built on 09/15 and was in the dealers yard on 09/23. It went by rail to Montreal and then by truck to eastern Ontario.

spikerS

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat 3.5L
Ordered June 4th
built August 4th
on chip hold until Sept 19th
Shipped Sept 20th
Arrived in Edmonton rail yard Sept 30th

Hopefully picking up Monday or Tuesday and drive it back to Calgary

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Ordered March 30th
Produced May 15th
On chip hold
Built September 16th
Shipped September 19th
Delivered September 27
Picked up September 30th

Exactly 6 months from order.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awesome thanks guys! So could be as quick as 2 weeks that’s fantastic, I’m getting the itch to drive this thing I ordered April 20th!

have not seen anything update on pals app, did you guys get decent updates or did it just show up at the dealer?

Chease44

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat - Star White 3.5 Eco 157” WB
Awesome thanks guys! So could be as quick as 2 weeks that’s fantastic, I’m getting the itch to drive this thing I ordered April 20th!

have not seen anything update on pals app, did you guys get decent updates or did it just show up at the dealer?
Palsapp never really showed any info for me. My salesman was good, he gave me a couple updates where it was at on the train and then FaceTimed as it was coming off the truck. Had to wait a couple days for the bed liner and tint but glad to be driving it now!

Advertisement

Advertisement