• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Canada Lightning Thread ??

d2blake

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer/Contractor
My dealer just told me it looks like it will go into production in May and delivery in Fall.

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Volvo XC60 PHEV, 2021 GT500, 2015 Hellcat
Ford F-150 Lightning Canada Lightning Thread ?? A38C7A56-1EEB-4718-86BC-11072126EB4B

Well went into my dealer today to ask about my reservation as I had the ready text under the place order bubble and was able to get my lightning ordered!

Now the wait begins.

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
A38C7A56-1EEB-4718-86BC-11072126EB4B.jpeg

Well went into my dealer today to ask about my reservation as I had the ready text under the place order bubble and was able to get my lightning ordered!

Now the wait begins.

Same to me here in Toronto, no email from ford, no waves, just got a call from the dealer. I ordered it same day of opening (Jan 08). They told me they r not sure if i will get a MY2022 since they estimate they will receive only 3 to 5 units for this year. They told me i have good chances since i ordered it first and my reservation number is low (10816xxx). They told me there is no prioritizing in Canada, just whoever order them first (reservation holders). They told me they will probably accept only 20 orders for this year since they feel only few of them will get 2022 model. They will know about production around May, and if chosen then August/September delivery. If not selected then i will get a MY2023 sometime in Feb/March (estimate) 2023. The lower ur reservation # the better ur chances

Ford F-150 Lightning Canada Lightning Thread ?? Screenshot_20220114-082431

OP
OP
Kev12345

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I don’t understand. What are you paying the deposit for if they’re not actually guaranteed an order?

Sponsored

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
I don’t understand. What are you paying the deposit for if they’re not actually guaranteed an order?
Well i want a unit regardless of year 2022 or 2023. They will return deposit if ford don't build my order this year and if i don't want to hold longer. The wait could be long but if i want one i have to put my name in the list, that is the only option... Chip shortages won't get better anytime soon. They estimate 2024 it may ease up. Even ICE cars has 3+ months waiting time in most cases.

OP
OP
Kev12345

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
trying to figure out the cheapest way to power a house with the truck in a power outage. are generator interlock kits legal in Canada? is there any way to get around the grounded neutral issue without installing a transfer switch?

Ford F-150 Lightning Canada Lightning Thread ?? interlock1

humantopus

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021
They told me i have good chances since i ordered it first and my reservation number is low (10816xxx).
Talk to your dealer again. There is mixed messaging about reservation numbers as priority, because they are all over the map. I reserved last year in May, got into the fleet manager orders right away when they opened and got into the 2nd batch with delivery expected in fall 22 with dealer priority. My reservation number is higher than yours, 10863***

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Talk to your dealer again. There is mixed messaging about reservation numbers as priority, because they are all over the map. I reserved last year in May, got into the fleet manager orders right away when they opened and got into the 2nd batch with delivery expected in fall 22 with dealer priority. My reservation number is higher than yours, 10863***
Well i don't know but u r right, mixing info. My source said there is no priorities in canada and the reservation # is very important for getting one this year. But u mentioned fleet and as i understood fleet is priority so i guess that is why. For regular consumers the best bet is to get a Lariat or platinum and be one of the first in the reservation line.
Sponsored