• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Canada Lightning Thread ??

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Figured it might not be a bad idea to create a thread specifically for Canadians since the pricing and options are a bit different than the American version. For anyone that may have missed it, here's the Canadian build and price PDF. (Make sure to open with Acrobat. doesn't seem to work well with other apps).
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
Kev12345

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
In December, Transport Minister Omar Alghabra’s office announced potential plans to revisit the iZEVs program next year to make electric SUVs and pickup trucks — which typically cost more than the program’s $45,000 base product cutoff point — eligible for a rebate.

“We know there is more work to do to make ZEVs accessible to a larger segment of the Canadian population,” said Alghabra’s office in an email statement to Electric Autonomy Canada earlier this week. “That’s why our Government is looking at how the program may be revised to better align with current consumer preferences.”

https://electricautonomy.ca/2021/12/17/federal-izev-rebate-top-up/

NickG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Lexus RX450H, 2006 Honda Accord V6
Fellow Canadian reservation holders. Just wondering if everyone’s reservation has this “Place Order Ready” on their account as well? Or is this a sign of potentially receiving the coveted Order email soon?

Thanks!
Ford F-150 Lightning Canada Lightning Thread ?? 3F99F728-D2EC-4DF3-ABCA-3A6A43EF308A

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Fellow Canadian reservation holders. Just wondering if everyone’s reservation has this “Place Order Ready” on their account as well? Or is this a sign of potentially receiving the coveted Order email soon?

Thanks!
3F99F728-D2EC-4DF3-ABCA-3A6A43EF308A.jpeg
Yes, this has been discussed in another thread and there were a few different people (me included) that confirmed it.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

Thanks!
I was able to configure and place my order before I received the email. In fact, the configure email came 30 minutes after the order confirmation email.

Sponsored

NickG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Lexus RX450H, 2006 Honda Accord V6
Yes, this has been discussed in another thread and there were a few different people (me included) that confirmed it.
Yep! I responded to that thread as well. There were only 4 of us who responded.

My question is to the bigger audience. Just looking to see if there are any Canadian reservation holders whom do not have that
“Place Order Ready” highlighted.

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Highlander, Mazda miata
There is an existing Canada thread here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/lightning-build-price-for-canada.7853/

Maybe a moderator could merge these threads.....

Separate question: does anybody know if the "Ford Options Program" available in the US for Lightning and Mach E, is available in Canada? I don't see anything about it on ford.ca
It sounded like an attractive alternative to leasing, where you own the car, and at the end have either a "balloon payment" buyout or return the vehicle. Seems like a good hedge against unexpected depreciation and an option to upgrade to newer technology in a few years.

I had planned to drop my reservation, but am having second thoughts about staying in the game, I'm nowhere near a first or second wave of ordering so I have lots of time to decide.

OP
OP
Kev12345

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500

Thanks!
mine looks like that. has anyone in canada been able to place an order yet?

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
mine looks like that. has anyone in canada been able to place an order yet?
There is one person in Quebec on the order placed thread. Other than that haven't heard of anyone else.
I was 6th at my dealer. Dont know if they used the priority but I doubt it since the sales manager said that I am ahead of him.
I reserved 30mins after it opened (still during the reveal)

d2blake

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer/Contractor
I don't think CDN dealers can actually place orders with Ford yet. I was going back and forth with my dealer yesterday but given no real info. Now when I log into my account though, the reservation page has changed to the bottom of the attached image.
Ford F-150 Lightning Canada Lightning Thread ?? Untitled

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I don't think CDN dealers can actually place orders with Ford yet. I was going back and forth with my dealer yesterday but given no real info. Now when I log into my account though, the reservation page has changed to the bottom of the attached image.
Untitled.jpg
Mine did not change. It almost looks like your dealer put in an order without your permission.

OP
OP
Kev12345

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Mine did not change. It almost looks like your dealer put in an order without your permission.
yep. looks like your dealer is using your reservation. i'm sure they'd be happy to sell it to you for $20k over MSRP! :LOL:

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
What? A dealership would never do that! That'd be dishonest and shady and ruin the pristine reputation that car dealerships work tirelessly to uphold.

Heresay!

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
My order went though and the status of my reservation has changed as of yesterday. Here's a screen shot. I should mention that I never received an email from Ford, other than my dealer rep himself that I can now order or am part of any wave.... It's clear the process in Canada is a bit different. The Canadian Ford site still does not have a "build" option for the Lightning either.
My dealer did not charge ADM. I placed a non-refundable deposit with my order and was told expected delivery is September'ish.
Ford F-150 Lightning Canada Lightning Thread ?? Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 9.09.08 PM

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kev12345

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
September? what happened to spring delivery? how much was the non refundable deposit?
Sponsored