First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Well I'm sitting in a parking lot that's pitch black and I'd like to have the truck running to keep me warm AND not be blinded by it. Keep the good suggestion coming tho
No work around. I just bought a designated black hand towel and put it over it when I'm in generator mode. They should update the dimmer so it'll go completely dark, but for now it's a no go.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brown1000

Brown1000

First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
No work around. I just bought a designated black hand towel and put it over it when I'm in generator mode. They should update the dimmer so it'll go completely dark, but for now it's a no go.
Yep, it's funny how the simplest of things gets over looked...

LaHerencia

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XL SCrew SB Powerboost 4x4, 2018 F450
I was watching this thread in hopes that someone finds a solution. During night driving in rural areas, my XL, speedo and rpm gauge do not dim, only the small square center area with the menu. This portion does dim with the dash control but not the speedo/rpm stay very bright. I also use a small towel hanging over the dash to block the glare.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
You could turn off the truck. It's on to remind you that the truck is ON.
Those powerboost folks with the propower on-board generator also might have a need to keep the truck on but appear that it's off. I've spent the night in a few walmart parking lots where I might have appreciated the generator connected to the trailer, but wouldn't necessarily wanted to display to the world that the vehicle was still on the whole night.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
the designated towel ..boom you get the GOLD STAR award for the week. (y) (y) (y) (y)
there is a switch in my overhead that is supposed to turn off some LIGHTS?? to this day i have yet to figure out how or which ones
my brain was COOL a switch to go dark. nope

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
the designated towel ..boom you get the GOLD STAR award for the week. (y) (y) (y) (y)
there is a switch in my overhead that is supposed to turn off some LIGHTS?? to this day i have yet to figure out how or which ones
That's only the interior lights when the doors are open. The cargo light in the bed still lights up. The most useless to me anyway is the cargo light switch. It comes in with the doors, so why do we need it. They could have made a dimmer for the dash instead.
That's only for the when the doors are open. The most useless is the cargo light switch. They could have made a switch for the instrument panel instead.
Sponsored