Sponsored

Can you lift SuperCrew with standard bed with 3 ton floor jack?

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I also have 3 ton jack stands, but not sure if I can use a 3 ton floor jack or if I need a 6 ton.

Thanks.
Sponsored

RcFlyer330

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited Powerboost
I would say you would be fine with a 3 ton jack that's 6000lbs capacity.
From my understanding is at most you will only be lifting is the front or rear axle weight (listed in the sticker on the front inner door) if jacking from the front or rear diff. for example lets say you have a truck that weights 7000lb and we will say 4000lbs is on the front axle and 3000lbs on the rear axle thoes numbers are under the rating of your 3 ton jack thease are not actual numbers and are just for an example. Now if you lift the vehicle from the jack point like you are supposed to its even less weight you are lifting. You will never be able to lift the entire vehicle without the vehicle falling off the tiny round jack plate so you will not max out the 3ton capacity.

make sure you jack stands are strong enough and remember they are rated in pairs not per stand.

A 3 ton jack would be my choice.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
So I have some 3ton jack stands (as you said, sold in a pair, so 1,500lbs each). Would that suffice or would you think I should pick up some 6 Ton stands?

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would say you would be fine with a 3 ton jack that's 6000lbs capacity.
From my understanding is at most you will only be lifting is the front or rear axle weight (listed in the sticker on the front inner door) if jacking from the front or rear diff. for example lets say you have a truck that weights 7000lb and we will say 4000lbs is on the front axle and 3000lbs on the rear axle thoes numbers are under the rating of your 3 ton jack thease are not actual numbers and are just for an example. Now if you lift the vehicle from the jack point like you are supposed to its even less weight you are lifting. You will never be able to lift the entire vehicle without the vehicle falling off the tiny round jack plate so you will not max out the 3ton capacity.

make sure you jack stands are strong enough and remember they are rated in pairs not per stand.

A 3 ton jack would be my choice.
So I have some 3ton jack stands (as you said, sold in a pair, so 1,500lbs each). Would that suffice or would you think I should pick up some 6 Ton stands?

This is my understanding too. My front axle is 1633kg so if I lift the front, the rear of the truck is sitting on the ground.
Same if I lift the rear - rear axle weight is 1724 kg, front will be on the ground.

@RcFlyer330 - do you mean lift it where the "change a wheel" jack point is, underneath the side frame, as oppose to lifting from the axle itself?

RcFlyer330

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited Powerboost
@RcFlyer330 - do you mean lift it where the "change a wheel" jack point is, underneath the side frame, as oppose to lifting from the axle itself?
[/QUOTE]

yes, that is exactly what i was trying to say.

Reactions: sbi

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I think you mean that your 3 ton jack stands or 6000 lb jack stands are rated for 3000 lbs each.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
This is my understanding too. My front axle is 1633kg so if I lift the front, the rear of the truck is sitting on the ground.
Same if I lift the rear - rear axle weight is 1724 kg, front will be on the ground.

If you do the conversion - front axle is 3600 lbs and the rear axle is 3800 lbs - you are well under the rating of the jack stands.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
If your jack stands are actually rated for 1500# ea, then you may want to get stronger ones as that would be cutting things close for most trucks. Read the labels and verify first. I have seen some sets in the past listed as you state, the pair is rated for the weight (each holding half the total) versus each individual stand rated for the weight.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I think you mean that your 3 ton jack stands or 6000 lb jack stands are rated for 3000 lbs each.
Doh!!! You're right. Math fail on my part... Lol. They are 3k lbs each. I actually own them for my Pontiac Solstice, so I'm starting to wonder if they are even tall enough for the truck.

Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I use the Harbor Freight Pro 3 ton floor jack, and a pair of ESCO 5-ton (each) stands. They are appropriate height for my F150 and massive overkill for load capacity. But I have seen enough accidents to like a large margin of error.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Ha, didn't even think about that :sneaky:
I have some 6 x 4 x 12 long blocks that I put under my jack stands if needed

Reactions: sbi
OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some 6 x 4 x 12 long blocks that I put under my jack stands if needed
That's actually a good thing to do, not just to cut the gap between the jack and the vehicle, but also to stabilize the jack stand and protect the concrete (assuming you use your garage or driveway).
Sponsored