• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can you change dealer at the time of Order?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Goddamn dealer added $3k over MSRP after saying they wouldn’t charge it.

Is there a way to change the dealership prior to ordering?
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Yep, call Ford (number in your reservation e-mail), many wave 1 invites have done it and still ordered. Post your results.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I would wait until after wave two. Just in case moving would lose you out on it. A few have changed their dealers AFTER being invited to wave 1 and BEFORE placing the online order.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I would wait until after wave two. Just in case moving would lose you out on it. A few have changed their dealers AFTER being invited to wave 1 and BEFORE placing the online order.
Yeah, I have an invite but when I place my order there is a $3k difference from MSRP. I’d rather keep waiting than pay over MSRP for the simple fact that I was told no ADM

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Yeah, I have an invite but when I place my order there is a $3k difference from MSRP. I’d rather keep waiting than pay over MSRP for the simple fact that I was told no ADM
Yup call ford after looking to find another dealer without ADM. they will change it for you.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
The following quote was on the actual invitation to order email see yellow (wave 1):

First, build your F‑150® Lightning™ truck online, and choose your preferred available series and options.

Then we’ll send the information to your selected dealer, and you’ll be one step closer to owning the only EV that’s also an F‑150.*

If you’d like to change the dealership on your reservation before you order, please contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative: (80‍0) 33‍4‑43‍75. Available Monday to Friday, 8am ‑ 8pm EST. Changing your dealer will impact production timing and vehicle delivery.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Thanks guys! I’d rather wait longer than deal with their BS.

BrownHornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
12' Roush Mustang
Occupation
IT
I'm following so many different forums but there was a guy that did just this. I think I
Is there a way to change the dealership prior to ordering?
I follow so many different forums but there was a guy that did this is wave 1. He called the 800 number and they switched him to another dealer and it did not push him to a later wave. Just call before you submit your order.

Not positive but it may have been on reddit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Just waiting on the dealer to Accept the Order.

I'm wondering how Ford deals with this? Do they add an allocation to the dealer or am I pushed back until they get an allocation that is unclaimed? Does anyone know?