Sponsored

Can the Partitioned Lockable Fold-Flat Storage be installed by the dealer?

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
So I got my truck ordered. Well, kind of, I suppose.
Was negotiating with a very large "Southern State" dealership, one that also has an inhouse huge mod center (will refrain from naming the dealer, but I am sure most of you can figure it out). Agreed on a price, sent him my build spec, talked some timeline and technicalities.
Haven't heard back for a few days and when I called back he said his manager already submitted the order.
Shocker, but cool.
I have an order number.
Placed on end of April. As of today no VIN yet. He mentioned they get them on Mondays and he'll follow up with me next Monday.
No, no money down. That's fine, I read here that it's not a "mandatory" and some will place orders without anything down. I am sure anything they have can be sold if I don't take it.

Anyways, I decided to add the Partitioned Lockable Fold-Flat Storage (Option code 60P) sometime during our talks but they were fast to secure an order in and it wasn't included.
He told me today that they can add it at the dealership, that their mod dept. can definitely do that and his manager confirmed that.

I know it involves a lock somewhere on the seat itself.
Does anyone if this can be done by the dealer?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Mginn68

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Work
Following also

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I removed mine and there are bolts through the bottom of the floor that I couldn’t get to to remove. The unit just bolts to the floor with 4 nuts holding it.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I removed mine and there are bolts through the bottom of the floor that I couldn’t get to to remove. The unit just bolts to the floor with 4 nuts holding it.
But what about the lock? As far as I understand, the storage lock is somewhere on the seat, is it not?

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
But what about the lock? As far as I understand, the storage lock is somewhere on the seat, is it not?
Lock is on the side of the seat, basically unrelated to the fold down storage.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lock is on the side of the seat, basically unrelated to the fold down storage.
Actually it is related. If you get the foldable lockalble storage, the lock is added to the back seat. Trucks without the foldable storage do not have the lock in the seat. Also, this is a feature that cannot be installed by the dealer, this is a factory only installed item. I verified with the dealer today.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Actually it is related. If you get the foldable lockalble storage, the lock is added to the back seat. Trucks without the foldable storage do not have the lock in the seat. Also, this is a feature that cannot be installed by the dealer, this is a factory only installed item. I verified with the dealer today.
It’s not related in function. I took my foldable storage out and can still lock the seat down.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s not related in function. I took my foldable storage out and can still lock the seat down.
Right, but if you did not order the lockable storage you would not have the lock on the back seat.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Correct

SARosei

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Finance
Heavishot -- do you have any photos from the removal you mention here? I likewise purchased the partitioned storage box after delivery, and want to understand what it takes to install it. The bolts you mention, were they welded into position? Were they visible from underneath the truck? I have the 2021 hybrid and I'm concerned about cables, batteries, who know what underneath there. Thanks for any help you can be -- Mac

Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I do not have any pics with the storage removed. The bolts stick through the floor and I could not access them from the bottom. I attached my Duha tray to the seat brackets rather than the floor.

Blaze

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Heavishot -- do you have any photos from the removal you mention here? I likewise purchased the partitioned storage box after delivery, and want to understand what it takes to install it. The bolts you mention, were they welded into position? Were they visible from underneath the truck? I have the 2021 hybrid and I'm concerned about cables, batteries, who know what underneath there. Thanks for any help you can be -- Mac

Not happening, the bolts go through the floor above the fuel tank and hybrid parts. Took mine out and just cut the bolts off and put the full size floor mat over them
Sponsored