Can sync 4 be used to view Bluetooth dashcam video

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
Hey guys the title pretty much says it all if I had a Bluetooth dashcam would I be able to use the 12 inch infotainment screens bluetooth function and view the dash cam video?

Darrell
Sponsored

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
The only way I could see this working, is to used a hacked version of android auto. Probably easier to put a phone holder on the dash, and watch it on a phone or tablet

OP
OP

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
The only way I could see this working, is to used a hacked version of android auto. Probably easier to put a phone holder on the dash, and watch it on a phone or tablet
I figured as much but it doesn't hurt to ask.
I was hoping for the 12in screen not a little tiny phone to watch the video on if it was ever needed in an accident.

Darrell

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired
I figured as much but it doesn't hurt to ask.
I was hoping for the 12in screen not a little tiny phone to watch the video on if it was ever needed in an accident.
I'd like to not have to use a separate camera, and having cameras all around like a Tesla could be very useful. But, even if you resort to recording it on a phone, you don't have to view it on the same phone. You can transfer the video to a computer with a decent screen and it could be high resolution.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
I hope that sometime in the future that there will not be a need for an after market dashcam system. I see no reason why OEM cameras can not be used as Dashcams. It would be great if Ford would add a removable micro SD card integrated with SYNC/FordPass software to view recorded camera footage on the infotainment screen and Fordpass app.

Since hope is not an option for me, here's my dashcam setup. I'm using the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K front and 1080p rear Dashcam system. I purchased the optional Bluetooth remote control button and installed the button on my dash, to the right of the speedometer, so that I can safely protect important videos. If I press the remote button it will lock the current video file. Other locked files are based on the Dashcam's G-Force Sensor. I can easily view, download, and send video from my phone.

Front Dashcam installed on Passenger side. Rear camera (seen in rearview mirror) installed on back window drivers side.

Ford F-150 Can sync 4 be used to view Bluetooth dashcam video dash front

Bluetooth Remote Control Button installed between speedometer and air vent.
Ford F-150 Can sync 4 be used to view Bluetooth dashcam video bluetooth remote button
Sponsored

Last edited: