Can someone explain the Eco Behavior Screen

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
Just got a new XLT Powerboost and love it so far. I am confused by the eco screen though. Can anyone explain what exactly the percentages mean?
Sponsored

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Just got a new XLT Powerboost and love it so far. I am confused by the eco screen though. Can anyone explain what exactly the percentages mean?
I have a Power Boost and that screen is displaying your driving habits. Just like the All State ad that has a plug in that watches your acceleration, stops, and jump-starts. I would assume if you get to 100% on each scale then you are able to get max use of the electric mode.

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I have a Power Boost and that screen is displaying your driving habits. Just like the All State ad that has a plug in that watches your acceleration, stops, and jump-starts. I would assume if you get to 100% on each scale then you are able to get max use of the electric mode.
I have the same screen in my regular 3.5EB. I think its just a calculated measure of your eco driving behavior. the higher the percentage the better fuel economy you get.

OP
OP

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I always thought maybe there was something more to it, but that makes sense. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the same screen in my regular 3.5EB. I think its just a calculated measure of your eco driving behavior. the higher the percentage the better fuel economy you get.
I wouldn’t have thought the non powerboost would have had that, but cool that it does!

Michael Y

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Occupation
Self Employed
I've been watching the Eco screen for the 24 hours I've had this pickup! Need some context: while 100% on all three measures is the goal, it is only aspirational for me. Does anyone know what "very good" levels might be? Is 100% even achievble?

thanks!!
Mike

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I've been watching the Eco screen for the 24 hours I've had this pickup! Need some context: while 100% on all three measures is the goal, it is only aspirational for me. Does anyone know what "very good" levels might be? Is 100% even achievble?

thanks!!
Mike
99% seems to be the max... I really suck at acceleration and deceleration apparently, but I try to get above 95%. Sometimes the timing of lights will just force you to stop and enter the friction zone on braking, nothing you can do about it. The speed rating will just go way down once you start using the freeway (at least it does for me). I don't worry about that one, I'm not going 55 just for a score.

Hint: If you are in a traffic jam on the interstate, turn on adaptive cruise and let the computer do all the accel/decel for you! Just set the car length to your comfort, and the computer will optimize the hell out of all your accel/decel and make your score near 99%, and also optimize MPG and save your ankle.

Michael Y

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Occupation
Self Employed
99% seems to be the max... I really suck at acceleration and deceleration apparently, but I try to get above 95%. Sometimes the timing of lights will just force you to stop and enter the friction zone on braking, nothing you can do about it. The speed rating will just go way down once you start using the freeway (at least it does for me). I don't worry about that one, I'm not going 55 just for a score.

Hint: If you are in a traffic jam on the interstate, turn on adaptive cruise and let the computer do all the accel/decel for you! Just set the car length to your comfort, and the computer will optimize the hell out of all your accel/decel and make your score near 99%, and also optimize MPG and save your ankle.
Awesome, exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks
Mike
Sponsored