Sponsored

Can someone explain the difference between these two tail gate buttons?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my truck was built nov 21 has the one press switch

Ford F-150 Can someone explain the difference between these two tail gate buttons? 20220519_150252
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
also, whats the button next to the tail gate button? the owners manual takes some getting used to so i might as well ask haha

btw, thanks for your help

ford button.jpg
Looks like the button to turn on ProPower. For my Powerboost it's above the sync screen in the center, but could have moved depending on other options on your truck.

OP
OP
crazywayne311

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
found ONE blurb online that says its to turn on the bed propower since mine isnt a powerboost.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Just FYI if trying to hone-in on the tailgate button transition date...

Non-Powerboost, KC build, full-power tailgate Lariat, 5/12/2022 blend / build date, mine has the 'one touch' button for up-and-down.

I've not tried it at driving-speed but I do know I can lower/raise my tailgate when in-gear and moving at walking-pace as when hitching my 5th wheel trailer.

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Dedicated to Power boost I believe. I dont know for sure.

I dont know who gets the fuel release button. It may be part of a package

Trucks that have the unintended Tailgate release Recall or CSP dont have the 2x this was part of the answer to that there are probably trucks in april or march that have it. All depends on the build. I dont know the exact date.
The fuel door release button is on all Power Boost trucks. Part of the sealed fuel system.

OP
OP
crazywayne311

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTMO
I wonder if the electronic fuel door could be added to a non power boost. Always thought it was weird anyone can just open it.

my build date says 1/22 and I have the one touch

theplug button is to activate the pro power onboard

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I wonder if the electronic fuel door could be added to a non power boost. Always thought it was weird anyone can just open it.

my build date says 1/22 and I have the one touch

theplug button is to activate the pro power onboard
From my readings on Power Boost, you don't want that. It's been giving problems to PB owners, in that it breaks easily.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
From my readings on Power Boost, you don't want that. It's been giving problems to PB owners, in that it breaks easily.
While I absolutely enjoy the truck being laden with features and technology, compared to trucks I have had in the past I am intentionally softer-handed with this truck.

I'm gentle with the shifter. Slow and deliberate, rather than fast and forceful.

I'm gentle with the fuel door. Never slamming it.

The list is longer, but I think most get the idea. Rather than being miffed about it though, I just remind myself that I am the same way with my 17 year old Porsche. :)

Admittedly with the Porsche it's an emotional thing, but the effort is similar.
I only dream that the fancy new truck will weather as well as the car has. I'm hoping the same care and respect might help?

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
While I absolutely enjoy the truck being laden with features and technology, compared to trucks I have had in the past I am intentionally softer-handed with this truck.

I'm gentle with the shifter. Slow and deliberate, rather than fast and forceful.

I'm gentle with the fuel door. Never slamming it.

The list is longer, but I think most get the idea. Rather than being miffed about it though, I just remind myself that I am the same way with my 17 year old Porsche. :)

Admittedly with the Porsche it's an emotional thing, but the effort is similar.
I only dream that the fancy new truck will weather as well as the car has. I'm hoping the same care and respect might help?
My shifter is on the column, but if I had a console shifter, I'd treat it like a baby. I am very careful with the fuel door.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Having to push the tailgate open button on the dash 2 times to open; much safer over a single push, would also make it consistent with opening the tailgate with the keyfob, which, itself requires two pushes to open.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I assume one with an earlier 22 truck could use forscan to change the programming to two pushes, if running the right software on the module?

OP
OP
crazywayne311

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTMO
well i'm glad to get it cleared up. i figured it was a "new" feature being one was single and the newer is double push.

i tried to use the damn manual and its so damn vague. anyway, thanks for all the comments.

btw, i baby as much as i can stuff too! with supply shortages and all, i dont want to have to wait months for a part bc i was rough...though it should be able to take it right?
i already have nervous twitches seeing that people with the max tow are losing axle bolts and then needing axles that take months to show up b/c they are on back order.
Sponsored