Sponsored

Can plastic cover of digital dash be replaced?

Stable68

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150, 2021 Lariat on order
Just picked up my lariat from the dealer on saturday. Just noticed a scratch in the clear plastic over the digital gauge screen. Can this be replaced alone or does the whole cluster have to come out? Really dont want them to rip apart the whole dash.
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Just picked up my lariat from the dealer on saturday. Just noticed a scratch in the clear plastic over the digital gauge screen. Can this be replaced alone or does the whole cluster have to come out? Really dont want them to rip apart the whole dash.
Depending on the scratch (especially if it's light) you could just take the instrument cluster out and buff the scratch out with plastic polishing compound. I did this on my previous car when I accidentally sprayed dash cleaner on it and it etched it.

OP
OP

Stable68

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It looks like a fairly deep scratch. Im going to assume theyre just going to replace it. But i dont want them to have to remove the entire dash to do it.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The gauge cluster can be replaced in about 10 minutes. You don't need to remove the whole dash.

LeadFoot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Civic SI. 21 F150
The lens/mask is available separately, should be part number ML3Z-10890-A.

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Mine also has a scratch on the left side of the display. So random. Lol

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I also have a bunch of scratches. Good to hear it's an easy replacement and one I'll hit the dealer for along with my detaching Platinum tailgate "thing."

OP
OP

Stable68

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine looks like a detailer tried to take a sticker off with a razor blade or something. Cant get it to show up in photos though.

Chease44

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat - Star White 3.5 Eco 157” WB
I picked up my truck at the end of September and there are two scratches dead centre near the top. I’m feeling the same, I don’t really want everything taken apart but it is annoying me.

Crater1511

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Foreman
I have some scratches also… anyone has any luck removing this ? I’m bad with shit like this and I don’t wanna damage anything. I know there is a guy in here posting full step by step removals of some dash stuff. Following…. To see if anyone has had any luck with this.
Sponsored