Sponsored

Can I use a firehose style water hose instead of pressure washer?

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
Check out this awesome car wash setup in red deer alberta canada. the place has firehose style water hose that is used on big rigs. big output. can I use this safely on my f150 powerboost undercarriage when its lifted? I work up north and my truck gets absolutely coated and filthy. thanks,

Ford F-150 Can I use a firehose style water hose instead of pressure washer? Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 9.04.31 AM
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I don't think I would use a fire hose. To easy to dislodge connections or push water into connectors. Also depends on the pressure it is running at.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
As long as the fire hose is city water pressure and not higher (>125 psi), I don't think it would be an issue. If it is higher pressure, just spray from further away.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You must have a lot of water where you live. My well only pumps 2 gpm and I have max 60 psi at the tap. A firehose would not work at all.
And that's a very weird lift!

Sponsored

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
I would use that without hesitation. You are not going to cause any issues. All the electrical connectors are weather sealed, they'll be fine. Your truck doesn't die just cause you drive through a severe rainstorm.

And just be logical about the distance you spray from, don't hold the nozzle right up against the paint or near trim pieces. All this hose is doing different than a pressure washer is adding a crap ton more water so washing should take a lot less time. That's really cool.

OP
OP
RyanStroeder

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
I would use that without hesitation. You are not going to cause any issues. All the electrical connectors are weather sealed, they'll be fine. Your truck doesn't die just cause you drive through a severe rainstorm.

And just be logical about the distance you spray from, don't hold the nozzle right up against the paint or near trim pieces. All this hose is doing different than a pressure washer is adding a crap ton more water so washing should take a lot less time. That's really cool.
ya that's what I'm thinking as well. cheers
Sponsored