Sponsored

Can I get a better price?

bcd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
I have done a build & price on a 2021 Lariat that came with the MSRP of $63,215. Dealer is offering $4,500 off, and I have an additional $2,000 off rebate I got in the mail that brings the total down to $56,715. I'm contemplating signing up for the Mustang club to get x-plan pricing, but they weren't sure I would be able to use my $2,000 off rebate. They said they wouldn't know that until I got my x-plan pricing pin. Anybody have any experience with this? I'm trying to get the price down about another $1,500 to where I am comfortable. I could take off some options, but I don't really want to if I can find a way to get it lower. I did briefly talk to another dealership, and they wouldn't even come close to this dealer's offer.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I have done a build & price on a 2021 Lariat that came with the MSRP of $63,215. Dealer is offering $4,500 off, and I have an additional $2,000 off rebate I got in the mail that brings the total down to $56,715. I'm contemplating signing up for the Mustang club to get x-plan pricing, but they weren't sure I would be able to use my $2,000 off rebate. They said they wouldn't know that until I got my x-plan pricing pin. Anybody have any experience with this? I'm trying to get the price down about another $1,500 to where I am comfortable. I could take off some options, but I don't really want to if I can find a way to get it lower. I did briefly talk to another dealership, and they wouldn't even come close to this dealer's offer.
X-plan has a 60 day wait period after joining Mustang or EAA before you can use your PIN. Also if that $2k "rebate" you got is the personal cash offer many people have received, it expires Jan4, so you may want to verify that your dealer will honor it after Jan4, because Ford corporate will not. And IF it is the same cash offer as everyone else, it is compatible with X-plan (but not A-Z-D plans). I believe based on that MSRP and discount, that you are getting near invoice (which is about what X-plan would get you anyway).

OP
OP

bcd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
X-plan has a 60 day wait period after joining Mustang or EAA before you can use your PIN. Also if that $2k "rebate" you got is the personal cash offer many people have received, it expires Jan4, so you may want to verify that your dealer will honor it after Jan4, because Ford corporate will not. And IF it is the same cash offer as everyone else, it is compatible with X-plan (but not A-Z-D plans). I believe based on that MSRP and discount, that you are getting near invoice (which is about what X-plan would get you anyway).
That is very helpful. Just to be clear, would I get rebates on top of x-plan? Meaning I would get the x-plan price, plus $6,500 in rebates (assuming I could use my x-plan price right now with all my rebates combined)? And yes, the $2k I have is the personal cash offer, which expires Jan 4.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
That is very helpful. Just to be clear, would I get rebates on top of x-plan? Meaning I would get the x-plan price, plus $6,500 in rebates (assuming I could use my x-plan price right now with all my rebates combined)? And yes, the $2k I have is the personal cash offer, which expires Jan 4.
The $4500 came from your dealer (not sure if they call it rebate or incentive), so you would have to ask them if it can be used with x-plan (I doubt it as that would be way below their cost+holdback). Since the $2k is provided by corporate and it says no AZD plan, then yes it combines with x-plan.

I don't think your dealer will give you special treatment and go below invoice/x-plan unless Ford corporate kicks it down to them (like the $2k cash offer and any incentives). And you will have to check about delivery date and the Jan4 with your dealer. A lot of people are finding dealers simply don't care enough right now to haggle because they can pretty much get MSRP from an anxious sucker walking onto the lot.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
The X-plan price would be pretty close to $4500 off which is very close to invoice. The question is, Is the $4500 off built with some incentives?

Ask what invoice is. I would pay no more than invoice minus your 2000 cash offer minus all current incentives for your area. That should get you down to $55k at the most. Some dealers are 1000 below invoice; depends on your area or if you don't mind traveling for the deal (Iowa).

Sponsored

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
I've read that some people were good with the MCA membership without waiting 60 days..
  • For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership.
If you have a year membership, you certainly cover the 60 day minimum..

Guess it depends on if they want to work with you or not...

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
I've read that some people were good with the MCA membership without waiting 60 days..
  • For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership.
If you have a year membership, you certainly cover the 60 day minimum..

Guess it depends on if they want to work with you or not...
I wouldn't worry about the 60 day thing because I've been a member of MCA for 15 years and there's nothing on my card to show how long I've been a member, only an expiration date. You get your X Plan Pin number and you'll be good to go. Just make sure you have your pin and your card when you go to the dealer. I think I've bought 3 or 4 vehicles using X Plan.
Sponsored