Can I change my dealer after reservation?

pranavp007

First Name
Pranav
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Hi,
When I reserved my lightning, I chose the dealer nearest to my location. But now after reading the forums, I came to know that some dealers add dealer ADM to MSRP. Is there a way to change the dealership now? If yes, could you pls share the process?

TIA,
PP
Advertisement

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Hi,
When I reserved my lightning, I chose the dealer nearest to my location. But now after reading the forums, I came to know that some dealers add dealer ADM to MSRP. Is there a way to change the dealership now? If yes, could you pls share the process?

TIA,
PP
Yes you can. On the Ford website there is a 800 number to call. I did it with my Bronco res before I canceled it.

OP
OP

pranavp007

First Name
Pranav
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
More than likely you’ll have to cancel the reservation and then take your business elsewhere.
Wow thats super bad. If I cancel and reserve again, i would loose my spot! I wish there was a way to change.

gwrace14651

Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Ford Excursion 4x4 PSD
You can, and I did it. The change in dealer will also result in a refund of your reservation fee - which is not supposed to affect your place in line.
Same here I called the number and changed my dealer after I found out about their ADM charges. I kept same reservation number and money was applied to new dealer.

OP
OP

pranavp007

First Name
Pranav
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Before changing, I checked with my current dealer and they replied saying "We are selling for MSRP no mark up."
Can I trust this? Or is there another better way to to confirm? Otger than markup qre there any other fees that I need to check with them?

gwrace14651

Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Ford Excursion 4x4 PSD
Not really until you configure the build and get a purchase agreement to sign.
We took delivery of a 2021 Nissan Sentra for my 18 year old daughter after her previous car was totaled. I cosigned a loan for her so she could start to establish her credit. I went through the normal process of negotiating price with several dealers. Once we settled on the dealer and received the final paperwork I could not believe how many extra fees were added. I managed to get all of those removed accept one and that was for the dealer applied window tint. They took that down from $500 to $100. So you just never know until you get the buyers final paperwork.

Advertisement

Advertisement