First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Police Officer
I need some help. I want to add driving lights (that function with the high beams), and some LED reverse lights (activate when the truck is in reverse). I am also installing a Switch Pro 9100 to run the additional lights. I am using a Canm8-3R can bus reader with a contactless reader to connect the trigger wires for the Switch Pro, but I am having a heck of a time finding the Can High and Low wires to connect to. I tried the pair going to the OBD II port, but they did not send the signals I needed, which are ignition, high beams, and reverse.

Does someone have a good place to find those two wires to receive those signals?
Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
So maybe I’m missing something. For this mod why not run a wire tap to the positive for the highbeams to a relay and then wire the relay to the driving lights then they would come on when you have your highbeams on. Same for the reverse lights.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I was looking at wiring diagrams and seeing the LIN bus, rather than CAN

jasonkosi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 RCSB on order
I found these, not sure if that will help you or not.
Ford F-150 Can High and Low wires IMG_3561

Ford F-150 Can High and Low wires IMG_3562

OP
OP
Rdps63

Rdps63

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Police Officer
Astrand1 - With the LED dynamic headlamps, you don’t have the typical wiring to trigger a high beam signal like you would with halogen headlamps. I had a 2001 that had the same setup I am trying to do here but they did not use all the network connections they do now. There was a direct wire for high beams and a wire to tap into for reverse. For ignition, you tapped into a fuse in the main box under the hood. Not so much now. You have to find a way to “read” the signal through a main network pair of wires.
I am not sure the LIN bus carry the same signals or info that the Can wires do but I will look into it to see if that works.

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I agree on tapping wires once you find the correct wires to tap into.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Yep. Understand
Astrand1 - With the LED dynamic headlamps, you don’t have the typical wiring to trigger a high beam signal like you would with halogen headlamps. I had a 2001 that had the same setup I am trying to do here but they did not use all the network connections they do now. There was a direct wire for high beams and a wire to tap into for reverse. For ignition, you tapped into a fuse in the main box under the hood. Not so much now. You have to find a way to “read” the signal through a main network pair of wires.
I am not sure the LIN bus carry the same signals or info that the Can wires do but I will look into it to see if that works.
So I was missing something then. lol. You didn’t state in your original post about having the led projectors. That makes more sense then. Now for the reverse lights that would most likely still be a positive 12v. I don’t think there is any “smart logic” for those.

kishorejoseph

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Interested to know if you can find one that taps into the high beam! I have a switchpro and I bought a harness that plugs into the headlight module which provides a wire to tap for driving lights. I was never able to figure out how to tap into the high beam for my “trigger” wire. I wanted some auxiliary lights to come on when I flashed my high beams instead of having to select each individual light from the switch panel.
Sponsored