Can an XL be ordered with Remote Start

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Its not an available option on the Canadian site but I’ve seen a few 2021 XL models for sale that had the remote start.
I’m trying to figure out if it was factory installed or if those dealers put in an aftermarket remote starter.
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Its not an available option on the Canadian site but I’ve seen a few 2021 XL models for sale that had the remote start.
I’m trying to figure out if it was factory installed or if those dealers put in an aftermarket remote starter.
I think you'd need at least an XLT 302A for factory installed remote start. Otherwise, penty of good aftermarket options.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I think you'd need an XLT 302A for factory installed remote start. Otherwise, penty of good aftermarket options.
From everything I’ve seen you are correct about the 302A pack being the lowest model with a factory remote start.
So I guess these dealers are all using aftermarket.
I wouldn’t mind that if it was the kind that you could just use with 3xLock or Lock-Unlock-Lock on the oem remote.

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
My 21XL FX4 STX can be started from my phone. But I technically don't have the start button on the key fob.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
My 21XL FX4 STX can be started from my phone. But I technically don't have the start button on the key fob.
Whaaattt??? That’s very big news to me. Does it work just as good as a key fob would? And can you use that feature from multiple phones(mine and the wife’s)???
Damn, thanks for sharing that. That’s a game changer.

Sponsored

BuffaloBill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
You can get remote start on XLT 301 (US build at least). From B&P:

Remote Start System with Remote Tailgate Release

Standard on LARIAT, King Ranch®, Platinum and Limited.

Available on XLT Mid and High.

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
You can get remote start on XLT 301 (US build at least). From B&P:

Remote Start System with Remote Tailgate Release

Standard on LARIAT, King Ranch®, Platinum and Limited.

Available on XLT Mid and High.
Yes, my mistake. It comes with XLT high but was an available option for the XLT mid.
I honestly just want to know more about this remote start from your phone thing.
I read something somewhere related to that but I figured it would only work with the higher models like Platinum and Limited.

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Whaaattt??? That’s very big news to me. Does it work just as good as a key fob would? And can you use that feature from multiple phones(mine and the wife’s)???
Damn, thanks for sharing that. That’s a game changer.
I have no idea about multiple phones. But it's on the ford pass app. I have the regular flip out key (no push button start) it works better than the fob because you can start the truck from absolutely anywhere. Once you are in the truck you just insert the key and turn it to the on position.

Ford F-150 Can an XL be ordered with Remote Start Screenshot_20210119-053500_FordPass

rjpicucci

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew XL
FYI on this one. If you're going to get an aftermarket starter, the 2020 version of the aftermarket ones won't "plug in". Ford moved the wiring harness behind the middle of the console (according to the folks at MPC) so you would either have to splice into it or wait for the updates.

Me personally, I like to have the starter on the FOB because it's quicker to click 3 times on my keys than it is to get out my cell phone, load the app, and then hold down the button... by the time I do all of that, I'm at my truck.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I think you'd need at least an XLT 302A for factory installed remote start. Otherwise, penty of good aftermarket options.
301a. But it is not standard.
I ordered it as a stand alone option for I think $295

302a is the first level where it is standard with the package

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Me personally, I like to have the starter on the FOB because it's quicker to click 3 times on my keys than it is to get out my cell phone, load the app, and then hold down the button... by the time I do all of that, I'm at my truck.
I live in an “iffy” cell service area.
The locks and starting will work with my phone, but it seems to take a long time before the instructions get to the truck.

Key fob much quicker if you are nearby
Sponsored