Sponsored

Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available?

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 platinum 701a on order
Got the IPMA today. Like everyone else said, this guy does not know how to package anything. About 6 inches of space above it and a single sheet of foam that didn't even fully wrap around the thing. It's pitiful really. Sticker on it even says set aside if dropped.

At any point, like @rpold150 said, anyone have the pointers on how to install it with FORSCAN and then calibrate everything? My tailgate is getting painted this week so I won't be able to do anything until a week or two from now, but even still any help with instructions would be much appreciated.

Ford F-150 Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available? 1681160722981
Sponsored

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
I’d be per willing to bet these are the ones that were ‘dropped’ at the factory or supplier, or some other rational that had Ford put them into the reject bin for this seller to be scoring dozens.

I don’t see that being really questioned as much as being overly worried about packaging. Maybe it’s just my perspective, but that seems more the thing to be concerned about if one must worry.

Yes, I got mine from him too. Oversized box and all. I messaged him before I bought it and he claimed they are new. Not sure what answer I expected other than that, lol
Mine had some chips out of the paint coating on the cooling fins with one end covered in heavy coat of brown dirt/dust. Obviously from sitting in Fords reject pile where others were stacked on top of it. New?
New to me maybe ;)

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’d be per willing to bet these are the ones that were ‘dropped’ at the factory or supplier, or some other rational that had Ford put them into the reject bin for this seller to be scoring dozens.

I don’t see that being really questioned as much as being overly worried about packaging. Maybe it’s just my perspective, but that seems more the thing to be concerned about if one must worry.

Yes, I got mine from him too. Oversized box and all. I messaged him before I bought it and he claimed they are new. Not sure what answer I expected other than that, lol
Mine had some chips out of the paint coating on the cooling fins with one end covered in heavy coat of brown dirt/dust. Obviously from sitting in Fords reject pile where others were stacked on top of it. New?
New to me maybe ;)
I also have that same healthy coating of brown dust. It would amke sense if these fell off the back of a truck into this guy's lap. It's probably best we remain ignorant to how we get them other than we just want them in a functional state.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I also have that same healthy coating of brown dust. It would amke sense if these fell off the back of a truck into this guy's lap. It's probably best we remain ignorant to how we get them other than we just want them in a functional state.
I'm hoping the same thing.

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 5.0 Stage 2 Whipple
More than likely, these were just parts that were in the plant when an updated version of the part arrived. They change to the new part immediately, in most cases. The older versions of the parts are not used up. There are set aside and then Ford pays someone to haul them away. Yes, someone was probaby paid to take them. That is more common than you realize. Obsolete, minor defect, and even misplaced parts are often hauled away to be "disposed of". It is unlikely they are stolen. That's just not how it works in Detroit.

Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Just bought a ML3T-14G647-FS on ebay from the motocity guy. I contacted him to ask politely to add some packing around it. We'll see...

Where are the instructions for the calibration that needs to be done afterwards? My lane keeping is pretty damn good, and the 360 cameras are also. Will I be able to get it easily back to the same level?
As I recall, you need to do a IPMA calibration by driving down a road with edge striping on both sides of the lane, followed by a 360 camera calibration by driving around in a parking lot for a while.

The directions for each of the calibrations is in Forscan. It walks you through what to do as you start the calibration. My systems were good before, and are good after the new IPMA (following calibration). And if something feels off, you can also recalibrate it as often as necessary.

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As I recall, you need to do a IPMA calibration by driving down a road with edge striping on both sides of the lane, followed by a 360 camera calibration by driving around in a parking lot for a while.

The directions for each of the calibrations is in Forscan. It walks you through what to do as you start the calibration. My systems were good before, and are good after the new IPMA (following calibration). And if something feels off, you can also recalibrate it as often as necessary.
Do you remember if there are specific for scan values that need to be changed as well? I read about that earlier in the thread but don't remember specifically what values are there

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Do you remember if there are specific for scan values that need to be changed as well? I read about that earlier in the thread but don't remember specifically what values are there
I don’t remember doing anything like that. As I recall, you connect to Forscan, start the calibration task, and it hand-holds you through the process to complete it. I don’t believe that you would need to add any additional values.

What I do remember is that if your calibration course isn’t good enough, the calibration might not complete. I had to search around my area for a big enough parking area to get the 360 camera calibration to complete—the old mall in the next town over ended up working for me. And I initially failed my lane departure calibration because I tried to complete the process when it was getting dark. When I went back to the same road the next day at noon, everything worked fine.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I don’t remember doing anything like that. As I recall, you connect to Forscan, start the calibration task, and it hand-holds you through the process to complete it. I don’t believe that you would need to add any additional values.
I'll have to read back through the thread. I thought you were supposed to do something like backup your existing values, install the new IPMA, load your old values, and then make an one or more specific updates, and then recalibrate the cameras.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'll have to read back through the thread. I thought you were supposed to do something like backup your existing values, install the new IPMA, load your old values, and then make an one or more specific updates, and then recalibrate the cameras.
That's possible. @Jesse-Infotainment did some programming of the '21 IPMA for me, so maybe backing up the existing values was part of that. It's not part of the Forscan calibration process.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If you dont have FDRS you cant jsut install an IPMA and load as build.. you have to load the correct software for your truck. THere is actual firmware that has to be loaded.

If you dont lkoad the correct firmware youll have issues.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
If you dont have FDRS you cant jsut install an IPMA and load as build.. you have to load the correct software for your truck. THere is actual firmware that has to be loaded.

If you dont lkoad the correct firmware youll have issues.
I thought Forscan only loads/sets parameters, and it doesn't load firmware which is something FDRS did. I'm confused how to load the firmware. If you had said parameters instead of firmware, I think that would have lined up with what I said, backup (Forscan) current data for IPMA, change out IPMA, reload backed up IPMA data (Forscan).

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 5.0 Stage 2 Whipple
I thought Forscan only loads/sets parameters, and it doesn't load firmware which is something FDRS did. I'm confused how to load the firmware. If you had said parameters instead of firmware, I think that would have lined up with what I said, backup (Forscan) current data for IPMA, change out IPMA, reload backed up IPMA data (Forscan).
What he is saying is that you cannot do this with just Forscan. The IPMA has to be flashed with the correct firmware. You need someone with FDRS to load the correct software for your truck onto your new IPMA.

Last edited:

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
What he is saying is that you cannot do this with just Forscan. The IPMA has to be flashed with the correct firmware. You need someone with FDRS to load the correct software for your truck onto your new IPMA.
Got it. I reread Jesse's post and now understand that's what he's saying. Thanks!

se7entys

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
IT
apologies all.. catching up a bit. just procured a ML3T-14G647-NA and waiting for it to come in. as Jesse said in an earlier post, better to have it in hand now than wait and pay 3x+ for it when it's a hot commodity.

that being said, if i did work to replace this part, work with someone to update and calibrate etc.. would that end up voiding my warranty somehow (i.e. changing parts and altering code on my own)? i got an extended 10yr/100k, so def wouldn't wanna screw that up.

if so, what are the chances dealership (ok, but hear me out......) can swap part that has the chip and program calibrate properly. i have to assume on SOME level it's possible they MAY have to swap this part eventually via normal product failure, and should have a KBA on replacing board and reprogramming / recalibrating. what i DON'T know, is if in FDRS my VIN number on record would say i don't have this chip and option because of factory build state and any file available would inherently never update it? or does FDRS live look at my computer from onboard modem and adjust programming from say a hardware inventory sweep?
Sponsored