Sponsored

Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available?

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Thanks to all working on this, an exciting development! I am never going to get the seats I ordered, (missed it by a single day) but if this can be worked out it will add a much needed victory in Ford's soiled reputation with me. I do enjoy the truck a lot but as has been well publicized, Ford could have conducted themselves better...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 3.5PB FX4 Loaded
Occupation
Program Manager
I never heard back from @Sparks. I gave him everythign to do and he never responded back if it was sucessful or not.

I did get BlueCruise 1.2 working with lane change and predictive curve assist and lane biasing. The front and read bliss are used for the lane change. So they were there for future use appearantly.

The predictive speed assist around curves works really well.

I also was able to maintain Active park assist with 2023 software. I had thought they completley removed it and they didnt. SO even in 23 it is still avialable it jsut needs to be enabled.
It looks like you got the BlueCruise 1.2 on a 2023? Know any way to get it on a 22? I have an early 2022 KR without any of the removals...

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
No I have 1.2 on a 21 XL

Yes there is a way but it’s not something that everyone can do.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
No I have 1.2 on a 21 XL

Yes there is a way but it’s not something that everyone can do.

This is the next thing I “need” on my 21. Was hoping it would just be an update soon in FDRS

Sponsored

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
If it's any help in solving this addition, I went thru all the plain English Forscan entries and took note of the ones that might be involved:

APIM

front park aid adjustable chimes
front park aid long term disable
park aid control rear
park hold
parking assistance
rear park aid adjustable chimes
rear park aid long term disable

BDYCM

park lock control

IPC

park aid fault warning rear and front
park aid indicator
park lock control
rear park aid long term disable

PCM

automated parking system
CF1 parking assist control module

PSCM

semi auto park pilot/ active park assist

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
2022 platinum later build. Have blue cruse. Have parking button.
Upon pressing it first screen says " navigate to parking" bottom of that screen says " additional settings" upon selecting that I get two options. "Front sensor on/off and rear sensor on /off"
Is this promising?

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Also I picked up on Blu cruse conversation about 1.0 and 1.2. If I understand correctly the difference is lane changing? Among other things. Where can I go to read up on this and to see if I can do anything with it. I bought this truck just so I can park it in my shop and mess with stuff. Lol

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Also I picked up on Blu cruse conversation about 1.0 and 1.2. If I understand correctly the difference is lane changing? Among other things. Where can I go to read up on this and to see if I can do anything with it. I bought this truck just so I can park it in my shop and mess with stuff. Lol
It's been announced that it will come to new Mach E and then F150 Lightening as OTA. I hope they expand it to other Blue Cruise vehicles, including the F150 (non-Lightening).

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/bluecruise-1-2-release.12665/

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Wonder if you need a image processor swap.

Looking at some of the part descripters for the 2023 IMPAs I am almost certain some of them cite 'no parking assist.' Like this one - https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/e...trol-asy-advanced-driver-sys-14868755-1?pdp=y for this VIN 1FTFW1E83PKD12809

Comes back as a really expensive image module considering it is cripled - $2600

Description : Control Asy - Advanced Driver SysPart #: 14G647
  • 03/15/2022, F150, F-150, With Rear Parking Aid, Front/Side/Rear View Camera, Less Automated Parking System, With Front Parking Aid, Less Driver Assistance Package

I cant figure out what makes this image processor way more as it looks to have less features. Like there is a better one for cheaper

Sponsored

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I can't imagine that a image processor for park assist is greater than one for Blu cruse.
Where would this processor mount? Maybe we can compare parts with active park assist equipped vehicles.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I can't imagine that a image processor for park assist is greater than one for Blu cruse.
Where would this processor mount? Maybe we can compare parts with active park assist equipped vehicles.
That part that I can really figure out if you take the vin of a truck yot wan to 'copy' and go to ford parts .com etc you can get only a partial part number not the full part number with the letter suffix that on the image processor. And that suffix is what seems to make the differnece. Can you tell part numbers of modules in forscan?

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
I just picked up my 23 Plat and same as other's here. Have the button.

Ford F-150 Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available? Photo Jan 27 2023, 12 46 59 PM

Ford F-150 Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available? Photo Jan 27 2023, 12 47 03 PM

Ford F-150 Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available? Photo Jan 27 2023, 12 47 08 PM

Ford F-150 Can Active Park Assist 2.0 be installed when parts are available? Photo Jan 27 2023, 12 47 16 PM

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well hold on guys.. this is why I wanted to do it myself. I get a message that it works.. And now I get a message there was an error...

I am pulling the post..

Last edited:

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
THis is for trucks with Blue Cruise ONLY !!!!!!! Only if you had Park assist REMOVED! I have had feedback it works.

So Ill release this and you guys may have to have tweaks based on your truck but most all of this is across the board. The only one that would be different possibly is the ABS.
View attachment 71818

View attachment 71817
That's awesome, thanks!! I'll try these out later today!

Though I have to say, seeing it as photos of hand-written notes rather than text makes it seem somehow a clandestine secret code or something. :LOL:
Sponsored