Sponsored

Camera Speed Limit Delete

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Wait, does the camera actually limit your speed once it detects a speed limit sign?
I believe that you can select 10mph over for the adaptive speed recognition cruise control mode and it will slow you down when the camera sees a speed limit sign. Which is reasonable, but what I am referring to is the speed warning setting, which beeps at you when you exceed the posted limit. The maximum setting for that is +6mph, which makes it useless in the state that I live in.

The adaptive cruise control is definitely pretty sweet but I wish you could set the threshold as a percentage rather than a speed. Since, it's usually okay to drive 85ish in a 75mph zone but 45mph in a 35mph zone can be frowned on.

There also needs to be a "speed trap" button for the Adaptive Cruise Control that sets a hard limit for when you are driving cross country through states and cities with known douchebag cops that pull over vehicles with out of state plates going over the speed limit, even if they're going slower or the same speed as the rest of the traffic.
Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I believe that you can select 10mph over for the adaptive speed recognition cruise control mode and it will slow you down when the camera sees a speed limit sign. Which is reasonable, but what I am referring to is the speed warning setting, which beeps at you when you exceed the posted limit. The maximum setting for that is +6mph, which makes it useless in the state that I live in.

The adaptive cruise control is definitely pretty sweet but I wish you could set the threshold as a percentage rather than a speed. Since, it's usually okay to drive 85ish in a 75mph zone but 45mph in a 35mph zone can be frowned on.

There also needs to be a "speed trap" button for the Adaptive Cruise Control that sets a hard limit for when you are driving cross country through states and cities with known douchebag cops that pull over vehicles with out of state plates going over the speed limit, even if they're going slower or the same speed as the rest of the traffic.
I like the percentage idea, for me I would prefer if they gave you just adjustments depending on if you are in city driving or highway driving speeds. You should be able to define what range you consider city, and what range you consider driving.

I will generally do 5 over in "city" driving, like on a 45 MPH road, I usually do 50.

But I don't do that on the highway, on a 70 speed limit road, I don't go above 73 unless I am passing so I can get out of the way. The fuel economy just falls off a cliff above that, so it's not worth it to me for a few minutes saved, if that, depending on traffic jams along the way. So being able to say 2 or 3 over on the highway, or 5 over in the city, would be great.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L

You can just turn it off

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs

Ah, I thought the system would physically disable the vehicle from traveling over the posted limit on the road. IE even if you floored the accelerator, the max the vehicle would travel is 5-10mph over the posted limit.

the govts in the EU are rolling this type of system out over there. So I thought they were doing the same here.

seems it is just related to the cruise control only, not when in manual drive.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ah, I thought the system would physically disable the vehicle from traveling over the posted limit on the road. IE even if you floored the accelerator, the max the vehicle would travel is 5-10mph over the posted limit.

the govts in the EU are rolling this type of system out over there. So I thought they were doing the same here.

seems it is just related to the cruise control only, not when in manual drive.
Correct. There are two systems - one is "intelligent cruise control" which you can set to some amount over the speed limit, and it will automatically adjust. I keep mine at 5 over, I think you can go quite a bit higher but I've never looked at how far.

The second is just a "warning", which it flashes at the bottom if you are going over a set amount over the speed limit. The link I sent is for disabling that, there is also a tolerance you can adjust I don't know the limit on that either.

There is a speed governor option but I don't know how it works. You can link it to a key so that key can't go over a certain limit. It is mostly intended for teen drivers so parents can prevent them from speeding. I believe it is under MyKey but I'm not sure.

Sponsored

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
I think the original question was that the 360 cameras that is displayed on the dash screen auto cancels at like 6 mph and he was looking for a way to keep them on the screen.... i.e. use the rear facing camera as a rear view mirror, use the front facing camera to see what the ground in front of the truck is like, see what is happening to cargo in the bed, etc.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
I'm waiting for the 2021 version of this module to come out. Let's hope it's soon.
https://www.4dtech.com/canopener-motion-unlock-360-camera-unlock/
I think the original question was that the 360 cameras that is displayed on the dash screen auto cancels at like 6 mph and he was looking for a way to keep them on the screen.... i.e. use the rear facing camera as a rear view mirror, use the front facing camera to see what the ground in front of the truck is like, see what is happening to cargo in the bed, etc.
My pet peeve is related, but not quite the same. While I can totally agree that having a larger range of operation would be nice, I don't think I want to use the front camera while driving down the road anyway. When I'm pulling into a tight spot and the proximity warning beeps and opens the camera view that's helpful, but then it shuts off 2 seconds later? Why not keep it active while I finish parking or maneuvering at 5 mph? Lame. Then I have to reach up and hit the button to continue seeing well, if it was tight enough to come on to begin with, leave the dam thing on until I'm driving faster or put it into park Ford!

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got it. Yeah I find it most annoying off road. I turn them on to see rocks and clearance on the sides and then they turn off when the road opens up and I have to turn them back on again. Would be nice to just leave them on. Also bed camera seems most useful when actually driving to check on things.

I’m curious if it’s related to the refresh rate. We have a long twisty driveway and when I’m backing down it it is a noticeably slow refresh rate that can actually be a bit naseuating, TBH. Hopefully this is something that can be overcome to open these up at more speeds. I’d really like to be able to just keep them on off road.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you have an FX4 or Tremor you kinda can.
1633722091062.jpeg
I didn’t know this was the case with standard FX4. I’ll have to give this a try, I usually actually just drop it into 4L and use normal because the trails I’m on have a fair number of small boulders and ledges (maybe up to 12 to 18”) so nothing crazy but enough that tire placement matters. Keeping it on would be helpful.

Sponsored

Captain

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0
I didn’t know this was the case with standard FX4. I’ll have to give this a try, I usually actually just drop it into 4L and use normal because the trails I’m on have a fair number of small boulders and ledges (maybe up to 12 to 18”) so nothing crazy but enough that tire placement matters. Keeping it on would be helpful.
They didn’t mention it in that article and I haven’t tried rock mode, but I read somewhere that it’ll apply brakes to the front tire that slips to make it kinda like a limited slip. Sort of like Toyota’s A-Trac system.

Hmcentire

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Found this on the 4Dtech.com website. It overrides any speed limited functions. (Camera, mirror leds, nav entries, etc) Anyone know if there’s something similar for sync 4?
Ford F-150 Camera Speed Limit Delete 71C8E3CC-775B-4479-B14C-A1684F0D8C9E

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Found this on the 4Dtech.com website. It overrides any speed limited functions. (Camera, mirror leds, nav entries, etc) Anyone know if there’s something similar for sync 4?
71C8E3CC-775B-4479-B14C-A1684F0D8C9E.png
Check the website again. It states that it works with 2021 f150 sync4. Also under reviews someone installed it on a 2021 f150 12” screen.

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
We know software is coming to allow some cameras to work, is $300 worth it!?

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
We know software is coming to allow some cameras to work, is $300 worth it!?
Do we know that? Like it's been officially confirmed? All we've seen so far is everyone getting different versions, some people getting no updates, and some people that get updates and still can't use the cameras.
Sponsored