Sponsored

Camera Speed Limit Delete

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Starting a thread specific for figuring out how to delete the speed limit on turning on cameras. So dumb to have this limit, we have the cameras let us see things while driving down the road!

I did some searching on the forscan forum, didnt see a solution, this seems like it would be the best approach.

Some showed a link where someone added an aftermarket transmitter with a switch to the screen, way Overkill and you'd have to switch between sync and this one video feed.

Anyone know of a delete switch? I saw the one for the auto start stop would think something for cameras is possible....

Let's figure out how to beat that system!
Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Starting a thread specific for figuring out how to delete the speed limit on turning on cameras. So dumb to have this limit, we have the cameras let us see things while driving down the road!

I did some searching on the forscan forum, didnt see a solution, this seems like it would be the best approach.

Some showed a link where someone added an aftermarket transmitter with a switch to the screen, way Overkill and you'd have to switch between sync and this one video feed.

Anyone know of a delete switch? I saw the one for the auto start stop would think something for cameras is possible....

Let's figure out how to beat that system!
I would give it a few months, Or you can try to code it out yourself... (would not recommend)

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
It is a silly and arbitrary limit, I test drove a car with them, since I ordered the cameras and the front camera is definitely useful for parking lots and crosswalks in the taller trucks where you can barely see over the hood, I likely wouldn’t care if it was 10/12mph when it cut out but where it’s set now it’s almost useless.

The screens are big enough now and high up enough on the dashboard, you can see them with your peripheral vision while looking straight ahead through the windshield.

I see the limit as stupid as if your rearview mirror disappeared or went blank at a certain speed (though, for some drivers, this might not be a bad idea) and I see the front facing camera especially helpful to avoid running over people in wheelchairs and small children. If anything, the front camera should come on automatically when stopped or slowing down, just for that possibility.

magg992001

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5EB
Anyone come across a work around for this? Would love the option to check cargo in the truck bed as driving.

Sponsored

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
I broke the speed limit thing when I turned on read trafic signs or something like that. Since The F150 only uses GPS maps turning that on removes the speed sign on the instrument cluster.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist
interesting…. I didn’t know this existed. It’s a bit pricey but the thing that might be what keeps me from getting this is that you have to tear into the dash to get access to the connector.
Yes I agree just watched the install video. I think I’ll put some miles/scratches on mine first.

Sponsored

jhopkinson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, 2013 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Tech Director
what is op referring to? is this the speed limit sign reader or something else?
Think he is referring to the 360 camera package.

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
The raptor let’s you keep camera on when in Baja mode so it’s possible.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
It is a silly and arbitrary limit, I test drove a car with them, since I ordered the cameras and the front camera is definitely useful for parking lots and crosswalks in the taller trucks where you can barely see over the hood, I likely wouldn’t care if it was 10/12mph when it cut out but where it’s set now it’s almost useless.

The screens are big enough now and high up enough on the dashboard, you can see them with your peripheral vision while looking straight ahead through the windshield.

I see the limit as stupid as if your rearview mirror disappeared or went blank at a certain speed (though, for some drivers, this might not be a bad idea) and I see the front facing camera especially helpful to avoid running over people in wheelchairs and small children. If anything, the front camera should come on automatically when stopped or slowing down, just for that possibility.
Wait, does the camera actually limit your speed once it detects a speed limit sign?

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Wait, does the camera actually limit your speed once it detects a speed limit sign?
No it doesn't limit your speed.
On the full digital instrument cluster is will put an image of the posted speed on the speedometer, as a reference. If you are using the adaptive cruise control and you go from a 70 mph speed zone down to a 50 mph speed zone, the system will see the posted sign, and automatically reduce your speed to match the slower speed, and when you return to a 70 mph speed zone, it will accelerate back up for you.

It's really a neat feature, it's not perfect, but nothing is.
Sponsored