First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber
confirmed, i just did the calibration when changing my mirrors over the weekend, and i can't be sure, but bluecruise seems to hold between the lines better now, less wondering
here are pictures of the mirrors installed, and also the calibration menu when using forscan,
forscan was also used to turn on mirror running lights

20230204_154318.jpg

20230204_124728.jpg
What features do the tow mirrors you upgraded to have. I’m having a hard time finding the part number for tow mirrors that have the same features my regular mirrors have.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
What features do the tow mirrors you upgraded to have. I’m having a hard time finding the part number for tow mirrors that have the same features my regular mirrors have.
What do your factory mirrors have as far as options -- cameras and power folding are the only 2 that matter.

Basic bare bones
ML3Z17696AA

No cams, no power fold yes bliss
ML3Z17696BA

If you have 360 cams, but no power fold
ML3Z17696CA

If you have 360 cams AND power fold on your window / mirror control panel
ML3Z17696DA

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gerstein1989

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber
What do your factory mirrors have as far as options -- cameras and power folding are the only 2 that matter.
Currently I have power fold, auto fold (I think that’s just software related), blis, heated, signal, puddle lamps, spot lights, memory and camera. I wanna add the tow mirrors and keep all these features plus add the power telescope

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Gerstein1989

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I love it how ford charges triple the cost to add it after. Even with all the deletes if you add it after it’s usually like 5x the original price. I wonder why they don’t offer the mirror with a black cap. Chrome is so ugly.
They're only like $70 to add aftermarket. At that price, they should come with both caps!

coupon 'summer20' knocks $200 off. If you have a cart rebate tracker like rakuten, it gives another 2.5% off and if you use a cash back credit card you can get its amount knocked off as well. Early july they had a 25% deal going on and with all discounts / rewards factored in, it was like $1390 for the mirrors. Keep in mind they come with the telescope button and trim as well so that you can use that function --- if you find someone selling the mirrors separately, you'll need that trim piece and button to make it work.

Gerstein1989

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber
They're only like $70 to add aftermarket. At that price, they should come with both caps!

coupon 'summer20' knocks $200 off. If you have a cart rebate tracker like rakuten, it gives another 2.5% off and if you use a cash back credit card you can get its amount knocked off as well. Early july they had a 25% deal going on and with all discounts / rewards factored in, it was like $1390 for the mirrors. Keep in mind they come with the telescope button and trim as well so that you can use that function --- if you find someone selling the mirrors separately, you'll need that trim piece and button to make it work.
Thanks for the info on the mirrors but unfortunately im in Canada and ford Canada doesn’t let you order through the website. I was looking at the boosted auto parts version but to get the telescopic working is a little ghetto haha

Sponsored

GadgetB1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Software Engineer
So I didn't know this was possible with Forscan. Can you give any recommendations on what to look for in a parking lot to do this?
A large parking lot with clear line, like a recently refinished parking lot. You have to drive straight at a low speed for the cameras to calibrate. I had to keep going forward and backing up since my parking lot I used was a bit small. Be patient, I had to do it a few times before it worked.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
A large parking lot with clear line, like a recently refinished parking lot. You have to drive straight at a low speed for the cameras to calibrate. I had to keep going forward and backing up since my parking lot I used was a bit small. Be patient, I had to do it a few times before it worked.
I guess my question is how do those lines have to be aligned or does it not matter? Most parking lots around here have angled spaces. I wasn't sure if they had to be straight and you drive parallel or perpendicular to them or it doesn't matter as long as they are clear and all relatively straight and consistent.

GadgetB1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Software Engineer
I guess my question is how do those lines have to be aligned or does it not matter? Most parking lots around here have angled spaces. I wasn't sure if they had to be straight and you drive parallel or perpendicular to them or it doesn't matter as long as they are clear and all relatively straight and consistent.
I found one with 90 degree lines and not angled but I don’t know if it matters. In my mind the same line(s) need to be picked by most or all the cameras to align them. So I would think straight lines would work better. Also I do know that Ford uses static calibration mats, so I would target straight lines.
Sponsored