First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
The 360 camera for standard side mirrors is on the outside of the mirror; the 360 camera for tow mirrors is close to the base. My truck came with standard mirrors and I upgraded to tow mirrors myself. I've noticed a slight transition in the image and I wonder if their isn't a calibration setting that needs to be changed when changing mirrors.

Notice the fence bars in the upper right hand corner? I know that there will be deviations based on the wide angle from the side vs. the wide angle from the front. If this was what my camera always showed I wouldn't think twice. But because I upgraded, I do not know if other settings need to be changed. I could put the original mirrors back on to test my hypothesis but that just seems like work! :cool:

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ford F-150 Camera Calibration when upgrading side mirrors 1675715893137
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I believe FDRS can be used to initiate a calibration sequence.

OP
OP
mrtull

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
I believe FDRS can be used to initiate a calibration sequence.
I had a hunch that would be necessary! I guess I was hoping FORscan would do the trick. :rolleyes: thanks for confirming.

aclosedmind

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 501a Powerboost
Forscan will let you do a 360 calibration. I'm in the same situation as you. Note you'll need to be in a parking lot with really well defined lines, and you may have to do it a few times. But yeah, Forscan will do it without FDRS (though it will also do it)

OP
OP
mrtull

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Forscan will let you do a 360 calibration. I'm in the same situation as you. Note you'll need to be in a parking lot with really well defined lines, and you may have to do it a few times. But yeah, Forscan will do it without FDRS (though it will also do it)
And THAT will teach me not to reply quickly!! 😁 So you successfully used FORscan to recalibrate? Care to elaborate... or point me in the right direction?

Sponsored

aclosedmind

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 501a Powerboost
Yeah once you open forscan and go to the "gear" icon you'll see a few of the things you can do. Lane keep assist calibration, 360 camera calibration, rear camera calibration are all there. They are step by step wizards that will tell you how to do it. Pretty simple. Hardest part is finding a good empty parking lot with very well defined lines on a non concrete surface...

Kidastra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 tremor
Yeah once you open forscan and go to the "gear" icon you'll see a few of the things you can do. Lane keep assist calibration, 360 camera calibration, rear camera calibration are all there. They are step by step wizards that will tell you how to do it. Pretty simple. Hardest part is finding a good empty parking lot with very well defined lines on a non concrete surface...
confirmed, i just did the calibration when changing my mirrors over the weekend, and i can't be sure, but bluecruise seems to hold between the lines better now, less wondering
here are pictures of the mirrors installed, and also the calibration menu when using forscan,
forscan was also used to turn on mirror running lights

Ford F-150 Camera Calibration when upgrading side mirrors 20230204_154318

Ford F-150 Camera Calibration when upgrading side mirrors 20230204_124728

bmuscari

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
NHL/MLB Tech
Any idea on why my Forscan doesn't show any more options than this when I go to the gear. I need to calibrate my cameras.

Ford F-150 Camera Calibration when upgrading side mirrors 20230326_165839

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Licensing limited?

bmuscari

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
NHL/MLB Tech
I paid for the 1 year extension

Sponsored

bmuscari

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
NHL/MLB Tech
I found it. It's the wrench. Not the gear.

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
confirmed, i just did the calibration when changing my mirrors over the weekend, and i can't be sure, but bluecruise seems to hold between the lines better now, less wondering
here are pictures of the mirrors installed, and also the calibration menu when using forscan,
forscan was also used to turn on mirror running lights

20230204_154318.jpg

20230204_124728.jpg
Interesting. I just did mine in Forescan but didn't get anything on my sync screen like that. One thing I noticed different when I finished, when I park in my very narrow carport, all the distance warnings go off around the truck, when they didn't before. I also switched out the IPMA so I could get APA in the '23.

GadgetB1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Software Engineer
Awesome that this works with Forescan, I just installed the tow mirrors and the cameras were way off. I thought I found a good fresh parking lot but, I had to use a different one. It took three times before it actually calibrated the cameras. I am going to try and find a larger parking lot and try it again. The passenger one is perfect but the drivers side is still slightly off. It seems to do better with longer runs of parking spots.
Ford F-150 Camera Calibration when upgrading side mirrors IMG_0729

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Awesome that this works with Forescan, I just installed the tow mirrors and the cameras were way off. I thought I found a good fresh parking lot but, I had to use a different one. It took three times before it actually calibrated the cameras. I am going to try and find a larger parking lot and try it again. The passenger one is perfect but the drivers side is still slightly off. It seems to do better with longer runs of parking spots.
IMG_0729.jpeg
So I didn't know this was possible with Forscan. Can you give any recommendations on what to look for in a parking lot to do this?
Sponsored