Sponsored

Called Fox again, new 2.0 kit engineering is done, manufacturing next. "Vastly different".

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Has anyone put the new 2.0's on as a replacement for the older/previous generation 2.0s? I do not like the way the previous 2.0's ride on my 2021 PB (with max tow). The rear end is really brutal and breaks traction/chatters when it hits a sharp edged bump.

Also, I can't figure out why Fox would produce a single non-adjustable rear shock given the dramatically different spring rates b/n the standard and max tow leaf springs.
Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Has anyone put the new 2.0's on as a replacement for the older/previous generation 2.0s? I do not like the way the previous 2.0's ride on my 2021 PB (with max tow). The rear end is really brutal and breaks traction/chatters when it hits a sharp edged bump.

Also, I can't figure out why Fox would produce a single non-adjustable rear shock given the dramatically different spring rates b/n the standard and max tow leaf springs.
Mine are not replacing the older ones, but I understood fox made significant changes to the rear shock. I will say mine with the new kit on doesn’t experience that issue. You can still tell it’s leaf springs back there, but the shock controls the motion well

Cdubs

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PB
In the FWIW column, I put the set on my '22 PowerBoost this past weekend. The rears were easy but the passenger front strut is really a difficult DYI project. There are lots of hybrid parts that are right above the mount area at the top of the strut and there is maybe an inch of space to work in. The farthest inboard nut was a real bear both removing and particularly installing. If you don't have the patience I would say take it to a shop.

I hadn't seen any comments on this so thought I would throw it out there. Took an hour to do the driver's side and 2.5 hours on the passenger side. Took a lot of digging to find the right tools to do the job and lots of blood on the knuckles. And forget about getting the right torque on the top strut nuts, I probably exceeded spec but better than the opposite.

I haven't gotten my alignment done yet but the ride quality improved to the point where it is now tolerable. I still have some rake and the lift in the front was a little over an inch. Time will tell on the quality question but I feel like it was a reasonable cost for a big improvement. Will see what the handling is like after the alignment.
Tmack... thanks for sharing the feedback. I'm wondering if you installed the front shocks at the factory setting (as they came "optimized" for performance) or did you adjust it to the full lift/ride height?
Sponsored

Last edited: