Sponsored

Called Fox again, new 2.0 kit engineering is done, manufacturing next. "Vastly different".

r150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost XLT FX4
@KartRacer25 have you talked with Fox since your August update? I'm curious to know if they're starting to forecast availability yet.
Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
@KartRacer25 have you talked with Fox since your August update? I'm curious to know if they're starting to forecast availability yet.
Here is the word I got from Fox this afternoon:

"The goal is to start releasing products for the 2021 F150 by the end of the year. There have been more challenges in developing product the last year and a half than ever before and we are coming to market later than we hoped. Hopefully we are saying yes and shipping kits by year end."

r150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost XLT FX4
Here is the word I got from Fox this afternoon:

"The goal is to start releasing products for the 2021 F150 by the end of the year. There have been more challenges in developing product the last year and a half than ever before and we are coming to market later than we hoped. Hopefully we are saying yes and shipping kits by year end."
Awesome, thanks!

OP
OP
KartRacer25

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Yep. That's basically what they told me in Oct. Maybe November... Prob elite series first then the 2.0...Similar to ranger shocks but priced higher.

spizike9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, Lariat, Powerboost, FX4
I called Fox earlier this week to try to get an update. He did say they were still trying to get em out by year end, but also said they don’t even have part numbers so that’s not a very good sign that it’s going to happen. He kinda hinted more at Q1 2022.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KartRacer25

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
I called Fox earlier this week to try to get an update. He did say they were still trying to get em out by year end, but also said they don’t even have part numbers so that’s not a very good sign that it’s going to happen. He kinda hinted more at Q1 2022.
Yes. Dang. I called again too and they said maybe 2.5 system in January. Maybe 2.0 in Feb.
I could use them tomorrow, Oriflame Canyon, and a snow trip end of Jan, 2N02. May end up getting 2.5 with reservoir and adjustments, nice but wicked expensive, or Icon? Like $3500 vs $1500 2.5 v 2.0 ugh. Maybe wait for my tax return Feb, before Death Valley trip, LOL. Meanwhile I might cut my air dam off today.... ha ha

spizike9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, Lariat, Powerboost, FX4
Yes. Dang. I called again too and they said maybe 2.5 system in January. Maybe 2.0 in Feb.
I could use them tomorrow, Oriflame Canyon, and a snow trip end of Jan, 2N02. May end up getting 2.5 with reservoir and adjustments, nice but wicked expensive, or Icon? Like $3500 vs $1500 2.5 v 2.0 ugh. Maybe wait for my tax return Feb, before Death Valley trip, LOL. Meanwhile I might cut my air dam off today.... ha ha
If both 2.0 and 2.5 systems were available today I’d probably go 2.0 but since 2.5 will be available first I’m 99% sure I’m going 2.5 with the resis. I’ve thought about going Icon especially since you can get 2.5” of lift out of the Icons but I think I’d rather have the progressive valving of the Fox over the digressive of the Icon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KartRacer25

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Called Fox sales again. Hoping for a Christmas miracle. But no...
Sales said Production had said they were targeting mid December but obviously couldn't make that date, so there all in a holding pattern for now. Not sure what will come out first either. Maybe just in time for my tax return in Feb. LOL...
I already bent more parts, cracked a weld on my last trip, hoping to fix some when I do the Fox install ASAP.
Happy Holidays to all here at F150 Gen 14!!!

Another Ford

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Called Fox sales again. Hoping for a Christmas miracle. But no...
Sales said Production had said they were targeting mid December but obviously couldn't make that date, so there all in a holding pattern for now. Not sure what will come out first either. Maybe just in time for my tax return in Feb. LOL...
I already bent more parts, cracked a weld on my last trip, hoping to fix some when I do the Fox install ASAP.
Happy Holidays to all here at F150 Gen 14!!!
Yep, I had an email response yesterday and was told to check back in Mar/Apr :confused: (2.0)

OP
OP
KartRacer25

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Update:
Called Fox again. Since truck was in shop waiting on new alternator. (frozen mud puddles ugh)
2nd or 3rd quarter 2022 estimate now. So months out still.
Cant even get materials to make springs. ugh
So I ordered Icon stage 1 level kit from Stage 3 Motorsports. Love these guys, Frank and Ryan.

Sponsored

DocBach

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
RN
Thanks for the update. I loved the 2.0s in my old F150, don’t have any real reason not to wait for these.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Everything is delayed these days.

Happy to wait for the 2.0 kit. Don’t really need any more than that.

DocBach

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
RN
So I called fox to ask if the previous gen are OK to use since there’s some pretty nice sales on them.
The rep says yes, they will bolt up and they haven’t heard any issues with running previous gens, but that the gen 14 systems are currently in production and should be available “soon.”

he was Unable to clarify what soon meant, but he confirmed that they were making significant changes specific to improving the current gen’s ride quality.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
So I called fox to ask if the previous gen are OK to use since there’s some pretty nice sales on them.
The rep says yes, they will bolt up and they haven’t heard any issues with running previous gens, but that the gen 14 systems are currently in production and should be available “soon.”

he was Unable to clarify what soon meant, but he confirmed that they were making significant changes specific to improving the current gen’s ride quality.

Nice! I'm looking to get rid of the Adventure series that came on my truck and put on something a bit more robust with reservoirs. Can't wait to pick up the 2.0s that work with a 6" lift.

JahWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost Smoked Quartz

Where’d you find deals on them?
Sponsored