Sponsored

Called Fox again, new 2.0 kit engineering is done, manufacturing next. "Vastly different".

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Just sharing what info I was told.
Been waiting for 2.0" kit with new changes specific to 2021 suspension since truck was built April.
Called again for update. Last time I called it was still in development in Engineering along with the 2.5 and new adaptive version for Raptor $$$.
Talked with sales again, very helpful, great info.
He said engineering is done, now its just up to manufacturing, materials, sourcing, tooling etc.
Said new system is vastly different. Particularly rear shock to account for the new 2 leaf spring setup and materials. Sounds real promising.
Hope its not sales hype, but makes sense with all the subtle changes to Gen14 suspension.
No word about Roush or Ford performance version yet.
Cant commit to any release date. Rumors are now late 2021?
Said they haven't been able to release much of anything for last 15 months.
He said he's seen the 2021 F150 the have and the dev kits on it. Said they figured out how to get a good ride out of it.
Oh yeh, no pre sales. LOL
Glad I've held off I think. Cant wait. I'm sure the Gen13 version works but I'm forcing myself to wait even more now. LOL
Just glad to hear engineering is done. That gives me real hope.
Anyone else heard anything lately?

Edit: Note: Bilstein saying new shocks for 2021 due by end of year also.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Last I checked a couple months ago I was told a new version specific to this model was "coming" but they didn't provide any guidance on when that may be. I'm very interested in their solution and was hoping that it would be released before my truck arrived.

Now that I finally have an ETA date of 8/13 I'm assuming the truck will beat Fox. Debating whether I wait altogether or if I just go with a level for now until the Fox offering is released.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Great info! I will probably get this kit when it is released. Though I wonder if there will be any issues with the max tow package.

Mike D

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT sport 302A
Occupation
Gov
Good deal, thanks for the update, I to hope there's an option for the max tow.

Sponsored

2021Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I’d be surprised if Roush is going to have a 21’ version that differs from the adjusted 20’ kit. They spent the time making sure the out going model woks. The new rear changes sort of make sense but not all of the F150’s will have 2 leafs.

Tyler17

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Thats good to hear. A few weeks ago I called and they were still developing it. Im waiting for this kit as well rather than using the 2020 version.

OP
OP
KartRacer25

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
OK did my monthly conversation with Fox again.
Again super helpful, I still love Fox.
Again he can't say anything is definitive at this time, as things keep changing but.
The new parts numbers aren't quite out yet. Still targeting end of year.
The new 2.5" Performance elite will be released 1st then the 2.0 $$
The 2.5 has remote reservoir and is adjustable with knobs.
2.0 has none.
So can easily dial it back for daily vs loaded up for off roading. High speed and low speed adjustments?
2.5 has better handling on and off road than 2.0. Of course way more $$$
Will have similar color scheme(s) to 21 Ranger version. (Orange 2.5)
Yes will have different spring rates and preload etc than the 2014 design.
Very similar to what was released for the 21 Ranger and same type of schedule, 2.5 first then 2.0.
Web site will be updated.

Similar performance to what they make for Ram 1500 GM 1500 And some Jeep version, cant remember what he said.

Ranger2.0 and 2.5 for comparison:
https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php?m=truck&make=Ford&model=Ranger+&year=2021&position=ALL

Yes current 2.0 works but need to make the adjustment Roush recommends or ride is not quite right and nose may be up .5 inch or so from level depending on specific vehicle .
Note: the 5/8" adjustment to perch height doesn't necessarily equate to 5/8" change in ride height.

Looks like sites are still selling the older 2.5 for '21 too. Prob work but...
Bronco parts are in the works too.

All so complicated. LOL

Last edited:

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
OK did my monthly conversation with Fox again.
Again super helpful, I still love Fox.
Again he can't say anything is definitive at this time, as things keep changing but.
The new parts numbers aren't quite out yet. Still targeting end of year.
The new 2.5" Performance elite will be released 1st then the 2.0 $$
The 2.5 has remote reservoir and is adjustable with knobs.
2.0 has none.
SO can easily dial it back for daily vs loaded up off roading.
2.5 has better handling on and off road than 2.0. Of course way more $$$
Will have similar color scheme(s) to 21 Ranger version. (Orange 2.5)
Yes will have different spring rates and preload etc than the 2014 design.
Very similar to what was released for the 21 Ranger and same type of schedule, 2.5 first then 2.0.
Web site will be updated.

Similar performance to what they make for Ram 1500 GM 1500 And some Jeep version, cant remember what he said.

Ranger2.0 and 2.5 for comparison:
https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php?m=truck&make=Ford&model=Ranger+&year=2021&position=ALL

Yes current 2.0 works but need to make the adjustment Roush recommends or ride is not quite right and nose may be up .5 inch or so from level depending on specific vehicle .

Looks like sites are still selling the older 2.5 for '21 too. Prob work but...
Bronco parts are in the works too.
The 2.5" solution from Fox has been my plan but now that I've seen what Icon is planning to release I'm seriously considering their offering. My preference would be Fox but if there is a significant difference in when the two solutions are available it would definitely factor in to the decision.

OP
OP
KartRacer25

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
The 2.5" solution from Fox has been my plan but now that I've seen what Icon is planning to release I'm seriously considering their offering. My preference would be Fox but if there is a significant difference in when the two solutions are available it would definitely factor in to the decision.
Yeh, now I'm looking at Icon and King too. See what comes out first. LOL Prob all good. Just a big investment I want to get right once. 1-4k. ugh Plus Fox rebuild site is real close to me in el Cajon.
A trophy truck would be nice. But I just want to reduce floating and bounce and get some offroad performance within budget.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Care to share what you've learned Icon is coming out with, and when?

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Thanks for the link Ryan. So after looking at all the available info provided by Icon/S3M, I have to ask...Are the Icons (and Kings as well for that matter) really that much better than Fox or Bilstein, etc.? They are pricey.

I'm looking for a coilover kit that will (a) level front end, (b) replace factory shocks, front and rear, and (c) give me the best ride quality I can get in this truck. I like the current ride in my 21, but need to tighten up the response and loose some of the floatiness. Open to suggestions.

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Thanks for the link Ryan. So after looking at all the available info provided by Icon/S3M, I have to ask...Are the Icons (and Kings as well for that matter) really that much better than Fox or Bilstein, etc.? They are pricey.

I'm looking for a coilover kit that will (a) level front end, (b) replace factory shocks, front and rear, and (c) give me the best ride quality I can get in this truck. I like the current ride in my 21, but need to tighten up the response and loose some of the floatiness. Open to suggestions.
I’m strongly considering the halo kit. I used their blocks on my 18 and they are awesome guys to deal with. They adjust coil overs before shipping for the 21 and the u bolts are correct for the new shape this year.

https://www.halolifts.com/HaloLifts-Boss-Aluma-20-Ultimate-Kit-Fits-F150-2009-2020-2021_p_274.html

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost

Don’t have a specific recommendation for you other than to be honest with yourself on where you will be driving your truck and what you want to achieve. The vast majority of us won’t be driving high speed off road but if we want to there are kits out there that can do it - for a (usually steep) price.

Where I’ve found success in the past is finding a good shop who you can talk through your needs and find the right kit. Depending on what you want (need?) the most expensive isn’t always the best answer.
Sponsored