dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
I hear ya,,,
Mine still works when it wants to,,certainly less than 50% of the time.
Last worked Wednesday pm in my drive home.
It’s very petty but c’mon,,there has to be someone at Ford that will know what the problem or fix is.
They know the problem. I had an interview with the engineers.
Sponsored

gaffshot747

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX 4X4
Thanks Dice,,,
So hopefully when we take our trucks in they’ll know,,,,if not I’ll mention it to them.
Found out that when my trans temp works then the compass works.
Don’t know if it’s a coincidence or if it’s related.

Tatertot06

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 XLT
Occupation
Electrician
I have the same exact problems. Compass works sometimes. It will say North on the 8” display and show whatever direction it wants on the cluster with no change or just not be there at all. Transmission temp works sometimes. CarPlay is trash. It freezes, drops calls, transfers calls to my phone. The instrument cluster display is slow and freezes sometimes. The 8” display randomly goes black for several seconds at a time. I can be in 4wd but it will say I am in normal driving mode and I have to go to tow mode then back to normal to get out of 4wd. About every 2k miles, I get a check engine light that says the fuel control system has reached its adaptive learning limits but goes off after a couple of days. The remote start from the app works maybe have the time and will show my truck in random locations. The hood flutters when a semi passes or I’m on the interstate. I still haven’t received my Ford pass reward points for buying a 50k truck(4 months later).I have made calls to everyone under the sun to no avail. It’s like they know I’m going to come drop the truck off and reverse payment on the check I wrote them. This truck is ridiculous. Now I know why everyone told me not to buy a Ford.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Just bought my 2021 three days ago and the compass is stuck on North and the dash cluster show NE. I haven't called the dealer yet

Sponsored

pigpen23

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have the same exact problems. Compass works sometimes. It will say North on the 8” display and show whatever direction it wants on the cluster with no change or just not be there at all. Transmission temp works sometimes. CarPlay is trash. It freezes, drops calls, transfers calls to my phone. The instrument cluster display is slow and freezes sometimes. The 8” display randomly goes black for several seconds at a time. I can be in 4wd but it will say I am in normal driving mode and I have to go to tow mode then back to normal to get out of 4wd. About every 2k miles, I get a check engine light that says the fuel control system has reached its adaptive learning limits but goes off after a couple of days. The remote start from the app works maybe have the time and will show my truck in random locations. The hood flutters when a semi passes or I’m on the interstate. I still haven’t received my Ford pass reward points for buying a 50k truck(4 months later).I have made calls to everyone under the sun to no avail. It’s like they know I’m going to come drop the truck off and reverse payment on the check I wrote them. This truck is ridiculous. Now I know why everyone told me not to buy a Ford.
I'm having some of the same issues.

The compass gets stuck and works when it wants to.

CarPlay is complete trash. Pretty much everytime I drive the truck, the CarPlay quits working and disconnects/reconnects at its leisure...so annoying when I'm on a phone call and I have to jump between my phone and the truck. Even worse when using Waze or Maps and the screen freezes and I end up missing turns.

The slowness of the dash cluster is painful.

Not impressed with this truck.

Sdp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt f 150
Occupation
Operator
New 2021 xlt f 150 compass rarely works .dealer is not helping . Car play is total junk

gaffshot747

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX 4X4
New 2021 xlt f 150 compass rarely works .dealer is not helping . Car play is total junk
Don’t understand why Ford thinks it’s not a big deal??
Had a 2016 Ram who’s CarPlay was flawless from day 1.
Compass issue is ridiculous,,I believe it’s tied in to the glitches with the u formation display:
Heck,,I had a Hyundai Kona as a rental for a few weeks who’s CarPlay was also flawless.
....and the compass worked everytime..lol

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
My compass has worked flawlessly since the day I drove it off the lot in January.

I'm only posting this so everyone will know that the compass issues you are experiencing are not occurring on every '21 F150, and if mine is working, then it's definitely something that is not happening to everyone, and can be resolved.

I'm not going to address the Car Play issues some are experiencing here since it's unrelated to the compass, I don't use it, and it has already been thoroughly beat to death on multiple threads.

Monesti

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 stx
Occupation
Transportation
Just bought my 2021 three days ago and the compass is stuck on North and the dash cluster show NE. I haven't called the dealer yet
I had the same problem with my 2021 compass would show north on the 8 inch display and west on dash found an empty parking lot and did 3 slow circles and drove home when I started my truck the compass works

Sponsored

tnapper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150XL 2021
Occupation
Retired
I am also still having the compass issue, it only works sometimes and not for very long, usually about 1 day. The dealer is clueless.. Does anyone know if ford has a fix for the problem.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Is just everyone waiting for a 'fix'?

Or has anyone except Monesti actually tried a calibration technique?

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Troublemaker
I had the same problem with my 2021 compass would show north on the 8 inch display and west on dash found an empty parking lot and did 3 slow circles and drove home when I started my truck the compass works
I used a similar technique on my old 2000 Mercury Gran Marquis. The owners manual for that car instructed me to make three slow circles, wait 5 minutes, restart the car, then drive three figure 8s. I only had to do it once, and it fixed it for the remainder of the time I owned that car.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
What direction did you make the circles? What speed?

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Troublemaker