Calibrating compass for the 21

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Does anyone know how to calibrate the compass on a 2021 F1 50 with an 8 inch screen? apparently since I've had mine for four days I've been going north the entire time and I cannot find any settings to calibrate it
Sponsored

Last edited:

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Wait...is the arrow just pointing north as the map turns on the screen or are you trying to describe something else? Are you in 2D or 3D mode?

OP
OP

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Wait...is the arrow just pointing north as the map turns on the screen or are you trying to describe something else? Are you in 2D or 3D mode?
When I have the map on through my phone (no factory nav) the map is fine... Just the small letter at the bottom of the Speedo and the factory compass picture on the 8 inch are always saying I'm going north. They don't move at all.

Saroyal

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Mine is doing the same thing

Sponsored

Saroyal

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Mine worked yesterday but not today

Angusbro54

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 4X4
Was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to fix the compass always showing North problem. Just got my new 2021 F-150 and I have the same issue of the small letter at the bottom of the 4 inch display on the speedometer setting is always an N no matter which direction I'm going and the factory compass picture on the 8 inch does not move is just frozen on going north. Please let me know if this is a settings issue that I can change or resolve or something that has to be addressed by my Ford dealer/service department...Thanks for any and all help...

OP
OP

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to fix the compass always showing North problem. Just got my new 2021 F-150 and I have the same issue of the small letter at the bottom of the 4 inch display on the speedometer setting is always an N no matter which direction I'm going and the factory compass picture on the 8 inch does not move is just frozen on going north. Please let me know if this is a settings issue that I can change or resolve or something that has to be addressed by my Ford dealer/service department...Thanks for any and all help...
No known fix yet. Mine works properly one out of maybe ten times.

Saroyal

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Mine works when it feel like it. Dealer has no clue or desire to fix it. Transmission temp gauge is intermittent also.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Traditionally on many devices, vehicles and phones, calibration of a digital compass was done by doing figure 8s several times.

Note: Some had a calibration mode to use first.

A quick Google search finds Volvo saying a couple circles under 6 mph (10 kph). Then, once it starts changing, a couple more circles for finer calibration.

Who knows, might be worth a shot. Just don't do it at 3am. The police might take notice.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
Mine works when it feel like it. Dealer has no clue or desire to fix it. Transmission temp gauge is intermittent also.
My trans temp guage has done this also.. Only twice that I've noticed so far. The ford engineers know about this from my zoom meeting with them last week.

gaffshot747

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX 4X4
On my brand new STX with 2K miles my compass is the same,,works maybe 10% of the time before it gets stuck again.
Latest new thing is not even displaying in the cluster, its blank where it should display.

Transmission temp gauge also works when it feels like it.

Car play is also slow as molasses to recognize and connect and intermittently drops calls and connection.

Not a big deal but holy smokes is it frustrating and eye opening in a 45K vehicle for these petty things to not function properly.

Just came from 110K on 2 Rams that were flawless from day 1. Car play was lightning quick and every gadget worked correctly all the time. Never an issue with anything.

Ill mention to a service advisor when I take the truck in for my first oil change and follow up with his response and outcome.

Angusbro54

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 4X4
I really appreciate and would like to thank the 2021 F-150 owners for sharing their experiences with these issues. I called my dealership about the compass and trans temp working intermittantly and they were unaware of the issue. It is reassuring to know I am not alone on this. I will also bring the intermittent compass and trans temp gauge issues to my service advisor when I take my truck in for my first oil change soon. Hopefully by then there will be a fix for these issues. I to will post any updates on this after my first service visit.

Last edited:

Rctj f-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 STX
Anyone have any luck getting the compass issue resolved? Mine works less than half the time since I took delivery in February. I had the dealer look at it when I was in for my no heat issue but as luck would have it, it was working that day. Just a minor annoyance but needs to work properly.

gaffshot747

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX 4X4
Anyone have any luck getting the compass issue resolved? Mine works less than half the time since I took delivery in February. I had the dealer look at it when I was in for my no heat issue but as luck would have it, it was working that day. Just a minor annoyance but needs to work properly.
I hear ya,,,
Mine still works when it wants to,,certainly less than 50% of the time.
Last worked Wednesday pm in my drive home.
It’s very petty but c’mon,,there has to be someone at Ford that will know what the problem or fix is.
Sponsored