First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL
Several people with this problem so please let us know when this resolved
SOLVED
Alright everyone just left the ford dealership. THERE IS NOW AN official SSM for the compass problem. It involves a update for the TCU module it takes a long time. TCU = telematics control unit
just did it today and problem solved
Sponsored

gaffshot747

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX 4X4
SOLVED
Alright everyone just left the ford dealership. THERE IS NOW AN official SSM for the compass problem. It involves a update for the TCU module it takes a long time. TCU = telematics control unit
….awesome.
Please check back in a few days and let us know if it’s still working.
Thanks….

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
SOLVED
Awesome! Any chance you grabbed the service bulletin number?

Sponsored

ocazrebel

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL
2021 Ford F-150 Styx the compass would work when it wanted took to dealer waited 10 days for parts the dealer replaced the module and works good now
what module did they replace please??

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
now its even more frozen. oh man I should not have done that update
Really? I just got an OTA update, it seems to been working a lot better now for me. From like working 1 out of 10 times to 50/ 50 now. Still having the trans sensor issue though

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
My dash read "OK" this morning for a few seconds. That has not ever happened. My dash letters indicate one direction but the compass read N almost always

Rctj f-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 STX
Received ota update almost three weeks ago, 1.4.0 if I remember correctly. Compass display in the instrument cluster has been working correctly since the update. It had never worked more than maybe 10 percent of the time in the almost six months I’ve had the truck. However, the compass in the center display has been stuck on “N”. Center display compass used to work occasionally whenever the compass in instrument cluster worked.
Transmission temp gauge still not working as it should, reads cold until vehicle been has restarted then reads normal.

ocazrebel

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL
Received ota update almost three weeks ago, 1.4.0 if I remember correctly. Compass display in the instrument cluster has been working correctly since the update. It had never worked more than maybe 10 percent of the time in the almost six months I’ve had the truck. However, the compass in the center display has been stuck on “N”. Center display compass used to work occasionally whenever the compass in instrument cluster worked.
Transmission temp gauge still not working as it should, reads cold until vehicle been has restarted then reads normal.
Having the exact same issue main big screen always has compass stuck on north after I did the update. Only way to get this solved is everyone needs to contact there dealership and have those dealerships contact the Ford hotline to report the problem

Sponsored

gaffshot747

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX 4X4
update:

for the past couple of weeks , just out of the blue, my compass has been working perfect everytime. (Knock on wood)

Never took it to the dealer or had WiFi updates immediately before.

transmission temp also seems to b working as well.

I’ll let u guys know if it reverts back.

Doozy2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 STX Supercrew
Occupation
Retired
SOLVED
Thanks my friend. Mine doesn't work but I will bring this up with my dealer...

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
So in August I got an OTA update, the compass on the dash seems to be working 90-95% of the time. However, it seems like the compass on Sync is now 100% frozen. Anyone else run into this?

nossiron

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL, 2020 Explorer XLT
Occupation
IT
about a month ago, I got an update and my dash compass has worked 100% of the time since. My sync compass did not work for at least 2 weeks after that. I tried the calibration process (driving in circles in the parking lot) and it did nothing. Then a couple weeks ago my sync compass just started working. I have been using android auto a lot so my screen is hardly on that main sync screen anymore with the compass but every time over the last couple weeks that I have gone back to that screen, the sync compass is working. I don't believe I have ever seen an issue with my trans gauge so I can't speak to that issue.
Sponsored