First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
What everones pinion on this?

Active Drive Assist Driver Facing Camera Data
If active drive assist is active in certain crash or near crash-like situations, such as an airbag deployment or hitting a road obstacle, the system may record driver attentiveness, based on the direction of eyes and duration, and photographs of the driver seat area.
Note: No data is recorded under normal driving conditions
Sponsored

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
What everones pinion on this?

Active Drive Assist Driver Facing Camera Data
If active drive assist is active in certain crash or near crash-like situations, such as an airbag deployment or hitting a road obstacle, the system may record driver attentiveness, based on the direction of eyes and duration, and photographs of the driver seat area.
Note: No data is recorded under normal driving conditions
Pretty crappy considering it can only get us in trouble but won't record any of the outward camera views in case someone else was at fault. Also not big on getting spied on in general no matter when they say it will actually record or not.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
Where is the camera ?

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Speaking as someone who works with cameras that are able to record certain instances, and/or go back several seconds the line stating

“Note: No data is recorded under normal driving conditions.”

is bullshit. If the camera can capture those things and save it, that means it has some type of hard drive and is ALWAYS recording and re-recording!

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Good call, didn’t know there was a camera over on the center stack. I’ll queue up the electrical tape to cover that one too!
Make sure you turn off the alert for if you're falling asleep, or at least be aware that it might try to stop you from driving. I wonder if it will still run the copilot with those cameras covered because they're supposed to be a safety measure to make sure you're still paying attention to the road.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Make sure you turn off the alert for if you're falling asleep, or at least be aware that it might try to stop you from driving. I wonder if it will still run the copilot with those cameras covered because they're supposed to be a safety measure to make sure you're still paying attention to the road.
Was just thinking the same thing! If the vehicle is equipped with all the assists, will it freak out if it can't see you.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Don't be laying that driver's seat back all the way and having fun like kids...

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I doubt it will let the more in depth driver assistance features work without them being uncovered. Though, I’d be surprised if it didn’t let you drive the truck at all.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
At my job we have cameras in the trucks facing in and out. If you covered them with tape it would trigger an alarm. But if you took a Q-tip and smeared some Vaseeline petroleum jelly on there it would just make it impossible to see but the camera got enough light to still work. But after a while anyone caught messing with them would get fired.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
The "falling asleep" alert works by detecting if you are swerving between lanes using the front facing camera. It does not use any camera looking at you. It doesn't stop you from driving because it only works while you are driving... it just suggests you pull over. https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False But you can turn it off if it bothers you.

The two driver facing cameras are esclusive to the Active Drive Prep. Blame the folks using their Teslas while sleeping. The cameras are to make sure you are looking at the road while using the hands free driving. You won't be able to use that feature if you block the cameras. You can skip the Prep Package (only available on high end models anyway) and the cameras will not be included. The other, more basic 360 2.0 features don't use them.

Sacbone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited in Star White
Occupation
Retired from printing, engaged in Real Estate management
I was on an open country road. crossing the curvy lines and my truck alerted me I was sleepy and to pull over.

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
And just who are they recording it for? ??‍♀
Sponsored