Sponsored

Buyer's remorse

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I think people are giving the OP a harder time than is deserved.

On some things, yeah, if you didn't like the truck, don't buy it but there have been plenty of examples of things going wrong, with long wait times, multiple attempts for correction and poor communication from Ford.

Whether that would have been different with a different manufacturer, I just don't keep close track of such things but I doubt it. The supply chain problem is decades in the making, global and fluid. Covid was the perfect storm.

I see lots of people mention that their 21-22 trucks are better equipped than 23s.

Meh.

I don't care that I won't have a cup holder light. Heated steering wheel? Can't miss what you've never had.

Bed camera delete kinds sucks but not enough to kill the deal.

We all make our choices at particular moments in time. What and for how much vs. need.

What a 23 buyer knows that the earlier buyers didn't? That Max Tow, especially on a PB, is an expensive option, that is mostly un-needed and has a built in problem. Thats worth several grand right there.

That those that bet on the come re Blue Cruise, may be underwhelmed. Another expensive option avoided.

My only actual gripe if you will, so far, is the inability to keep 18" wheels, on the 502a. I'd have liked the dynamic headlights but didn't want to give up the payload.

Well, one more, it should be much easier to have a decent idea of payload, without having to do so much independent research.

Once you've been through it, it isn't that bad but if you didn't know about the E-Source Book and Builder's Guide, which I didn't, until hitting the forums, its a total crap shoot and the several salespeople I talked to weren't ANY help, ranging from having no idea, to outright lying. It shouldn't be that way and one can only assume it is to unnecessarily push people toward Super Duties.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Arguably there's almost no deletion that can't be retrofitted for le$$ than the hit for trading in the truck.

There's XL's and XLT trucks on this forum equipped with features that Platinum and Limited can't get!

Admittedly, you have to have a bit of tenacity to accomplish some of the retrofits, but nothing seems to be impossible. You CAN have the truck that brings no remorse. :)

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist
Arguably there's almost no deletion that can't be retrofitted for le$$ than the hit for trading in the truck.

There's XL's and XLT trucks on this forum equipped with features that Platinum and Limited can't get!

Admittedly, you have to have a bit of tenacity to accomplish some of the retrofits, but nothing seems to be impossible. You CAN have the truck that brings no remorse. :)
Granted, but I sympathize with the OP and happy my 2021 came equipped correctly from the factory (I.e no deleted features).
Not really interested in $78K “project” new trucks! Maybe the age of desirable new vehicles is officially over?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
It can be frustrating to have options deleted after ordering. In my case, the truck came as ordered - April 15, 2201 build date. Out of 5 new vehicles I have owned, this is the first one I ordered, the others were off the dealers lot, and missing options that would have been nice to have, but, oh well.

The two things I would have liked to have from factory, but was not going to pay the difference of about $4,500.00 to upgrade to a Lariat, were heated wheel and Homelink (which I added later). The cost to upgrade for the heated wheel, would buy a lot of gloves to keep my hands warm in the winter.

As Snakebitten said, if the missing options are a requirement, they can be added for a lot less that the hit trading off the truck or using a go around option like Android Auto for nav. My Homelink opener cost me a touch under $700.00 Cdn. It was a choice I made to install it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
I always tell people NOT to settle during vehicle purchases. Ever. Because that initial excitement wanes then all you will think about is the stuff you wanted and "settled" and never got. This is the time to pull that trigger and trade in the truck before its value diminishes any further and get something you like. Better now than 2-3 years down the road. Beware you will take a hit from selling the truck most likely unless you managed to accrue some positive equity in it.
haha this might be a shock my fellow agate owner but i basically settled...on agate.
now comes Covid, supply chain issues, chip shortages, and deletions of 2022.
i wanted to order from Granger. A rapid red platinum 157" of my dreams!!! then noticed 2022 order banks had closed 2 weeks prior. still hit up granger about a 23. got on this forum saw stories about deletions and how 23 models MSRP's had gone up...anddd those deletions. who wants a platinum without multi contour! haha
man, talk about being blindsided. so i started checking ford online inventory. every other day. i looked for weeks for a Lariat or early Platinum 157" with the options i wanted and nothing. luckily an early 22 showed up locally and i jumped on it. Agate was my 3rd color choice haha i wanted Rapid Red and if not Tri Metallic White but i settled on Agate. i still get super jealous of everyone with a Rapid Red but i've come to terms and i'm fine with what i got haha

but it sure sounds like the OP settled for a lot less than he wanted. i basically got what i wanted minus color

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
haha this might be a shock my fellow agate owner but i basically settled...on agate.
i wanted to order from Granger. A rapid red platinum 157" of my dreams!!! then noticed 2022 order banks had closed 2 weeks prior. still hit up granger about a 23. got on this forum saw stories about deletions and how 23 models MSRP's had gone up...anddd those deletions. who wants a platinum without multi contour! haha
man, talk about being blindsided. so i started checking ford online inventory. every other day. i looked for weeks for a Lariat or early Platinum 157" with the options i wanted and nothing. luckily an early 22 showed up locally and i jumped on it. Agate was my 3rd color choice haha i wanted Rapid Red and if not Tri Metallic White but i settled on Agate. i still get super jealous of everyone with a Rapid Red but i've come to terms and i'm fine with what i got haha

but it sure sounds like the OP settled for a lot less than he wanted. i basically got what i wanted minus color
If red is that dreamy to you.... wrap it red and then ppf over the wrap :)

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
I think people are giving the OP a harder time than is deserved.

On some things, yeah, if you didn't like the truck, don't buy it but there have been plenty of examples of things going wrong, with long wait times, multiple attempts for correction and poor communication from Ford.

Whether that would have been different with a different manufacturer, I just don't keep close track of such things but I doubt it. The supply chain problem is decades in the making, global and fluid. Covid was the perfect storm.

I see lots of people mention that their 21-22 trucks are better equipped than 23s.

Meh.

I don't care that I won't have a cup holder light. Heated steering wheel? Can't miss what you've never had.

Bed camera delete kinds sucks but not enough to kill the deal.

We all make our choices at particular moments in time. What and for how much vs. need.
All of these things can be added back if desired, including the garage door opener - either via the visor buttons or a Homelink mirror.

And I disagree on giving the OP too hard of a time. It is hard to have sympathy for someone who made a choice and now regrets it when all of the info was available before making that choice. Now, that info may not have been given easily via a sales rep, but who walks into a dealership these days not already knowing more than a sales rep? Long gone are the days of the sales reps having more knowledge than is easily accessible with an hour of internet searching. Missing features falls squarely in this category. The only gripe the OP has that has any validity is time to get repairs/recalls done.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I bought an XLT 301
So, not a lot of fluff needed or wanted ( but there is some fluff).
Been way too happy with essentially base manual trans pickups since the 70s. Less to go wrong.
You'd really appreciate electric then, it's a single fixed gear :)

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Wiper recall is due to an issue that's not really an immediate concern. The failure rate was projected to be at worst 5% over time. It was brought about by a fraction of a percent failure rate that was projected forward as time being a component. It's lower on the priority list.

The main point of contention is the exceptionally shitty dealer network and their lack of giving a shit about getting people's software current. Again this falls back on to 'the CEO who must go'. Piss poor management from the top down.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin

I settled too, for agate black but my first choice was not available brand new. I wanted leadfoot gray. Yes, I even shopped around for 2021s and could never find a new one when I was in the market. I love black, it's just a bitch maintenance wise, especially here in windy/dusty Oklahoma. Therefore, black and rapid red it was, and I flipped the coin. Love my agate though.....in the 3 hours or so it's clean. :D :D :D

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
As cool as leadfoot grey is your truck is second to none diambo, very tastefully done. I was between Avalanche Grey and Area 51 Blue. I went to the lot and stared and pondered in which one I wanted. Then I saw the Antimatter blue…..and I stared and pondered some more. Probably 45 minutes before the dealer opened on Saturday morning in the middle of February with it snowing. My friend stopped by as well as my dad….and we all pondered and stared some more. Went with the Area 51 simply because I hadn’t seen any on the road. My salesman knew I was coming, I called the day before and said I was likely coming in to buy a 5.0 crew cab. That was until I realized in person they were all short beds, alas I ended up with the SuperCab. So I settled a bit on the cab but no buyers remorse here. I did have the big remorse for a day as I was disgusted I spent so much on a vehicle, first truck I bought under 10 years old let alone brand new. But that has since faded. It’s nice not working on it all the time and instead driving it.
Sponsored