First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
I bought my 2022 3.5 Eco-Boost in October of 2022. After reading some of the strange issues affecting these trucks, plus still waiting for a wiper motor recall to be done, plus not being able to get the Nav Package and Sirius XM Radio, CD player, and built-in garage door opener (which the wife's '23 Bronco Sport has) it kind of gives me some buyer's remorse. No one has responded to me on any of these items either. This has me thinking I probably should have looked elsewhere for a truck.

Ford is still "looking-into" a weird "Parking Brake Warning" I am receiving.

It appears to me that Ford can build a vehicle with all of these options, but by the posts here, I question whether they can troubleshoot them when any one item malfunctions. I am sure that part of the problem is that dealership technicians are either not supplied enough data and service information, or underqualified to be able to troubleshoot many of these issues.
Sponsored

nrmedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost 302A; 2023 Tacoma TRD Pro
CD players have been long removed, the transition was to streaming services and/or carplay or android auto.

Window stickers clearly display the removal of Nav and SXM. If you wanted it, why buy a vehicle without it?

Cannot blame Ford for these.

jamnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Chevrolet Dually, 1991 GMC Syclone
Occupation
Oil Field
Did you order your truck or get it off the lot? What trim package did you get?

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I bought my 2022 3.5 Eco-Boost in October of 2022. After reading some of the strange issues affecting these trucks, plus still waiting for a wiper motor recall to be done, plus not being able to get the Nav Package and Sirius XM Radio, CD player, and built-in garage door opener (which the wife's '23 Bronco Sport has) it kind of gives me some buyer's remorse. No one has responded to me on any of these items either. This has me thinking I probably should have looked elsewhere for a truck.

Ford is still "looking-into" a weird "Parking Brake Warning" I am receiving.

It appears to me that Ford can build a vehicle with all of these options, but by the posts here, I question whether they can troubleshoot them when any one item malfunctions. I am sure that part of the problem is that dealership technicians are either not supplied enough data and service information, or underqualified to be able to troubleshoot many of these issues.
CD? Thats ancient history.

My 22 XL has XM and Navigation. So its available.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
This has me thinking I probably should have looked elsewhere for a truck.
Buyer's remorse usually happens when you don't take the time and effort to fully evaluate and understand all of the alternatives before you make a purchase.

There may be a solution, but you'll likely pay for your mistake: Re-enter the shopping marketplace and make a trade for whatever you find you like better than your current truck.

Good Luck!

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I always tell people NOT to settle during vehicle purchases. Ever. Because that initial excitement wanes then all you will think about is the stuff you wanted and "settled" and never got. This is the time to pull that trigger and trade in the truck before its value diminishes any further and get something you like. Better now than 2-3 years down the road. Beware you will take a hit from selling the truck most likely unless you managed to accrue some positive equity in it.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I always tell people NOT to settle during vehicle purchases. Ever. Because that initial excitement wanes then all you will think about is the stuff you wanted and "settled" and never got. This is the time to pull that trigger and trade in the truck before its value diminishes any further and get something you like. Better now than 2-3 years down the road. Beware you will take a hit from selling the truck most likely unless you managed to accrue some positive equity in it.
I’ve learned this same thing the hard way. Well said

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
From another thread I find:
Feel lucky! I was unable to get the Nav. Package or Sirius XM Radio all because Ford Claimed they couldn't get the electrinic IC chips to build them! That purely sucks in my opinion. I should have walked away when they told me that. This was a 2022 F-150 Lariat I purchased in October of 2022.
Honestly, it's hard to have much sympathy in this situation. You had eyes wide-open, Ford told you what you weren't getting whether or not you like the explanation, you knew what you weren't getting but went for it anyway o_O

It may be a tough lesson but IMO there's no one at-fault or to blame here but yourself.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
A few things:
1) The 22s had a LOT of stuff removed. I had to buy a 21 so I didn't get the same list of removed features, but I did get "front diff might be explosive" and "if you get Max Tow, the bolts may shear off".
2) Android Auto solves those issues: bypass the paid Ford trash apps and just use your phone. I gave up on Android Auto for a while because it would override me turning the Bluetooth off. They fixed that, and now I use Android Auto exclusively. In fact, I highly recommend it.
3) The recalls are what they are. They don't address all of the issues with the trucks, but fortunately most of those are stuff that can be addressed.
4) Building on #2, you may find that garage doors have an app. Your phone has more processing power and connectivity than a laptop did during the last Bush administration; leverage that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I've had mine since October 2021 and have been issue free other than a couple recalls. No buyers remorse here, I'm actually glad I bought mine when I did. You can't even purchase my configuration anymore. The 0% financing was nice too.

I've had slight regrets, but not really remorse on a couple purchases in the past when I decide not to get an option and then wish I did. For this one I ordered exactly what I wanted and stayed away from things I didn't.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
A few things:
1) The 22s had a LOT of stuff removed. I had to buy a 21 so I didn't get the same list of removed features, but I did get "front diff might be explosive" and "if you get Max Tow, the bolts may shear off".
2) Android Auto solves those issues: bypass the paid Ford trash apps and just use your phone. I gave up on Android Auto for a while because it would override me turning the Bluetooth off. They fixed that, and now I use Android Auto exclusively. In fact, I highly recommend it.
3) The recalls are what they are. They don't address all of the issues with the trucks, but fortunately most of those are stuff that can be addressed.
4) Building on #2, you may find that garage doors have an app. Your phone has more processing power and connectivity than a laptop did during the last Bush administration; leverage that.
Later in the MY 2022 had a lot of stuff removed. My truck was ordered in November of 2022 and I took delivery in February. The only thing it did not have was the lighted cup holders and temps in the knobs display.

I would not have accepted it with the heated wheel delete and/or the rear high mount camera delete.

Last edited:

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I had the wiper recall done last week. I took my truck in to have the aux transmission pump replaced and they did the recall at the same time. I didn't even mention it. Parts are available to have the recall performed.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
For this one I ordered exactly what I wanted and stayed away from things I didn't.
I bought an XLT 301
So, not a lot of fluff needed or wanted ( but there is some fluff).
Been way too happy with essentially base manual trans pickups since the 70s. Less to go wrong.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I had the wiper recall done last week. I took my truck in to have the aux transmission pump replaced and they did the recall at the same time. I didn't even mention it. Parts are available to have the recall performed.
Good to know, as I have had wiper issues.
But I think I am on a local dealers list for repair.
Took nearly a year for airbag replacement n the old Ranger, but they sent a “We’re ready to see you now.” letter.
Sponsored