Buy back for Steering wheel shake?

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Has anyone been successful with a dealer buy-back for not being able to address a steering wheel shake? My truck is going back on Friday for the 5th time to address the problem. I just got it back yesterday (after a month) and the issue wasn't fixed. I called my service advisor right away, after I was able to test it at speed, and he said drive it until Friday (when he was back to work). What amazes me is they didn't even bother to test it themselves. They just tightened a few bolts (TOOK THEM A MONTH TO DO THIS!!!) and gave it back. I had already warned my service advisor that if I have to bring it back again, I'd start the buy back process.
Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Which bolts were tightened? Where did they claim to find the problem?

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure. They didn’t even give me the service summary that you normally get. The service advisor couldn’t answer any of my questions about what was done to fix the problem. Because they didn’t do anything to fix the problem, as evident as soon as I drove off and got up to 50 mph.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Yeah, sounds like my dealer. Can you try another dealer?

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I could but at this point I’m technically eligible for buy back. If I can get in to a Raptor or Tremor, I’d probably go that route—after extensive test driving to make sure the same issues aren’t present.

Sponsored

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
I'll be very curious to see how a buyback works on factory aftermarket truck. Ford will say it's the SCA parts and modifications causing the issue causing the issue. Does SCA do the buyback or is it the dealer as part of an agreement with SCA?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Ford's not going to do a buy back on a modified truck. sounds like it could be a nightmare. Maybe take it to another dealer or take it to an off road shop that can really look into what's causing the issue.

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure but SCA has unmodified trucks that they claim all show the same vibration issue. They said they’ve talked to Ford about it but Ford has yet to do anything.

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford's not going to do a buy back on a modified truck. sounds like it could be a nightmare. Maybe take it to another dealer or take it to an off road shop that can really look into what's causing the issue.
Ford sold it. They’re going to deal with it. And let’s just say I do take it to an off-road shop. They figure out exactly what is wrong. Ford is not going to reimburse me for their shop hours. Nor are they going to accept their diagnosis. Another dealer is an option, but you’d think the dealer selling all the lifted trucks would be able to appropriately deal with them.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150

Sponsored

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
hmm this is a tricky situation here.. i personally think the dealership or SCA will be responsible at the end of the day. i do not think Ford will take responsibility whatsoever because the truck has been modified after it left the factory plant.

OP
OP
RellIk&5

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hmm this is a tricky situation here.. i personally think the dealership or SCA will be responsible at the end of the day. i do not think Ford will take responsibility whatsoever because the truck has been modified after it left the factory plant.
Agreed. Curious to see what the dealership GM says tomorrow when I speak with him. I called earlier today and was assured a callback tomorrow. Regardless, I will be speaking with him.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Agreed. Curious to see what the dealership GM says tomorrow when I speak with him. I called earlier today and was assured a callback tomorrow. Regardless, I will be speaking with him.
make sure you're on the GM's ass at all times until this gets resolved.. some personally like to play hide and seek with you when you are not in their territory.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Ford didn't sell it, dealer did. Ford doesn't do direct sales.
This. Dealer modified the truck. Its on them. Doubt another dealer would touch it.

As is the buyback. Ford aint responsible. Dealer would have to buy back.
Sponsored